Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Thank you for the review β€οΈ

Week 1 was amazing, but I am not sure anymore how long I will be watching this show. 

Certain things have been an absolute put-off.  

Ria23 thumbnail

I hope they keep switching between time 

Ek hi samah ki story na rehne da

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hello good people! 😎

We are already in the second week and so much has happened in the last two episodes that I felt like venting. πŸ€” So bear with me...

Let's start with the positive things. As I was expecting, I'm glad that in the first two episodes have merged both the eras. I know this is not a sci-fi show but somewhere deep down, I would love to see the consequences of time traveling since Tara's departure from her time has already shifted the political dynamics with the prying General using every opportunity to dethrone the Prince.

However, what I loved the most was Tara's reaction upon realizing that in 2023 there are plenty of women medical practitioners. Yes, it's funny how she's getting to know about the modern facilities and her common "Aap To Bade Bhagyashali Ho" will make anyone laugh but that satisfaction and happiness of seeing her dream getting fulfilled in this era was something else.

It's also funny how she behaves likes a Princess and how the people from this era interpret it. I liked the sequence where she made a bow and retrieved the stolen chain last night. Realistic or unrealistic, it's always nice to watch female characters who know to defend themselves and others. Also her gesture of helping the girl was nice. Right now, Tara is everything a quintessential ITV FL is, yet she's fun to watch and easy to root for. β€οΈ

Lastly, Dhruv's Nani and Dada are one hilarious duo and I'd definitely like to watch more of them. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Coming to the negatives...

PangaNaLe

I'm sorry for my late reply, but when I read your comment, while I agreed with your points, I wanted to know the actual reason of the discord between Dhruv and Jay before commenting on who's right and who's wrong, and now that we have seen what transpired between Dhruv-Ayesha-Jay, all I can say is Jay is nothing but a vile creature (Yes, I'm using creature because he doesn't deserve to be called a human), Ayesha is another Patralekha in the making while Dhruv is simply pathetic.

Being the kid of my family, I am well aware of sibling rivalry and the inherent inferiority complex we often suffer from. But along with that, there's also profound love and respect that you usually have for your elder sibling. It's because we look up to them and see them as role models that we tend to follow their paths. Sure, almost 70% of the time our near and dear ones unintentionally work as the catalyst of our insecurity as we fell the pressure to prove our own worth and come out of their shadow. But that doesn't mean we start disrespecting our elder brother/sister or feel happy at their failure. I remember I celebrated the most every time my brother achieved something and he was the happiest when I did something good.

I can understand Jay feeling inferior to Dhruv. But that doesn't give him the lease of laughing like a maniac when the goons were practically going to shoot Dhruv. It only proves what a vile creature he is and no, his family's undivided attention wouldn't change that. 🀬 🀬 🀬

Coming to Ayesha, while the woman in me felt heartbroken seeing her dejection, at this point, I feel no sympathy for her. Yes, I freaking love grey-shaded characters and those who know how to stand up for themselves. But one must also know how to be dignified and walk away. Just as it's your right to love someone, the other person also has the right to say "NO" and you must be mature enough to respect that. Vent at your own space but do not enter into a marriage being fully aware of its consequences. So tomorrow if she feels Dhruv is betraying her, it'll be her own doing because Dhruv doesn't owe her anything and sorry to say, I have no sympathy for characters who love to delude themselves and blame their misery on others.

😑 😑 😑

Last but not the least, out Mahaan ML Dhruv. Truth be told, I understand his dilemma. As romantic as it may look on screen, the truth is, one who can't be loyal toward his family can never be trusted to be a good partner. But at the same time, being loyal doesn't mean we give others the power to manipulate ourselves.

I understand Dhruv didn't want to hurt Jay. But dude! Loyalty works in bot directions. If you are so worried about hurting your brother's feelings, why not fail in the exam and make him feel good about his worthless self? 🀬 Why get into a relationship and continue it over a decade just so you can break her heart?

We are living in 2023 people!

Just living in a joint house doesn't mean you are a responsible son. He could easily tell the elders the truth and relocated with his parents to some other address after marrying Ayesha. The makers might feel #ShravanKumarof2023 is the definition of an ideal ML but the truth is, in his attempt to appease his scoundrel brother he dragged Ayesha unnecessarily and sometimes, being a good son also means taking a stand for what's right and showing your parents when they are wrong. The way Dhruv's mother was boasting that no girl can enter Dhruv's life without her permission, I felt like puking. Our parents have the most right on us but even with that there is a line and just as a kid should be respectful to its mother, a mother should be open-minded to treat and respect her child as an individual.

Dhruv may be a skilled surgeon but his extra righteous character is nothing but a let down, at least for me. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Tara despite coming from 1700th century looks more modern and dignified in her thinking as well as her conduct.

Tannu

You replied to me that this week has been a big turn-off and I couldn't agree more. In fact, now I don't even want to spend any time watching this particular show and respectfully move on.

Thank you all who have read my BAKWAS and indulged with me in this discussion. I really loved reading your replies. 😊

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

So, Jai is indeed Dhruv's cousin, and from some of his dialogues today, even seemed he might be younger πŸ˜• (rather than elder), saying that he got second hand books, clothes etc and nobody celebrated his 94% because Dhruv got more.

Or they might be the same age- otherwise being younger wouldn't fit in with Ayesha marrying him if she's the same age as Dhruv.

Ayesha wants to keep "dard ka rishta" with Dhruv, but says she will do all the responsibilities of a wife and a bahu to the family, and won't cross "any lines" because she is married.πŸ€ͺ

Edited by aekiel - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ria23

I hope they keep switching between time 

Ek hi samah ki story na rehne da

They will forget about the 17th century after a monthπŸ˜†

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: aekiel

So, Jai is indeed Dhruv's cousin, and from some of his dialogues today, even seemed he might be younger πŸ˜• (rather than elder), saying that he got second hand books, clothes etc and nobody celebrated his 94% because Dhruv got more.

Or they might be the same age- otherwise being younger wouldn't fit in with Ayesha marrying him if she's the same age as Dhruv.

Ayesha wants to keep "dard ka rishta" with Dhruv, but says she will do all the responsibilities of a wife and a bahu to the family, and won't cross "any lines" because she is married.πŸ€ͺ

Despite deciding to quit it, a conversation with my friend prompted me to watch the episode last night to form a clearer idea. And honestly it just made me angrier.

Dhruv did at least one good thing - unlike Virat, he didn't force Ayesha to marry that good for nothing brother of his. And I had a hard time deciding whether Dhruv's character is supposed to be someone who doesn't show his emotions at all because the way he reacted to Ayesha's words, it didn't look like he was madly in love with her as it was implied earlier.

And Ayesha is another piece. She might think she'll maintain her MARYADA always but her words and expression suggested otherwise. I think even Pakhi looked more heartbroken and innocent when Ghum was in it's initial days.

Jay - the lesser said the better.  

aekiel thumbnail

The slightly watchable part is how EVERYTHING is alien to Tara here, right from the shower knobs to the glass doors on shops to the English alphabet!

She can see the books in Dhruv's room, and the tag on his doctor's uniform, but can't read it!

Dhruv's nani (played by Abha Parmar- her character came with Dhruv's dadaji interestingly!) likes Tara.

aekiel thumbnail

Moved a little more today- Ayesha discovers Dhruv and Tara in the same room.

Looks like the taiji (who otherwise in ITV parlance is a ready villain) is reasonably fond of Dhruv (asks whether he can't even tell her about the girl)

Dhruv's mother doesn't want Tara in the house because someone similar came in years ago and her husband left with that person.

The taiji proposes the idea of being a servant (hoping to dissuade her from staying), and Tara agrees (as shown in the promo)

aekiel thumbnail

Another short update.

Tara is mesmerised by seeing gas, soap and the mobile phone. They're essentially making Prince (kid cousin) as her mode to understanding the modern world.

She washes vessels- her hands get injured from doing so.

Dhruv has got an offer from Canada- Tara realises that she has minimal time to convince him,

Precap sees Tara thinking that kidnapping Dhruv is the only way for her to achieve her goal.

its-alexandrite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

is this or can we use this as episode discussion thread or make a new one?

i loved prince and tara scenes. πŸ˜ƒ

even if  dhruv agrees to time travel, how the operation will execute without facilities..? bhaiji look theek tak atleast now. if he time travels that will be the best. πŸ˜•

i wonder, are they going to show that villain is going to time travel?