Frequent Posters

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

I love rani coz no other actress affects me so much , she’s so effective 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

US and Canada regularly does this to indigenous kids . It’s part of their settler colonial project . They take away the kids and put them up with foster families. 

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/10/14/20913408/us-stole-thousands-of-native-american-children

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/25/1075488955/why-did-canada-separate-indigenous-families-from-their-children

Edited by BubbleTea - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Love the trailer. Love Rani in it. She is the master of the craft. Made me cry. 

Immigrant Parents in abroad can so relate. The constant fear coz of difference of culture. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: rushi1981

She is better than tabbu n vidya… coz both of them are one dimensional actress..although very very good.. but rani is multi-dimensional as she can do glamorous roles, she can bloody dance and is tremendously good with both drama and comedy…

Rani can definitely dance, I’ll give you that.  But she’s not a more versatile than Tabu and Vidya. She’s just had more box office success in her commercial roles. That doesn’t make her more versatile or multi-dimensional in anyway.  

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I am sorry, that is just retarded, over protective, first world rubbish

No, it’s not.    

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This trailed moved me .................... To go watch a different film😆

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Both are for safety reasons.  

Car accidents can happen in a blink of an eye.  A car seat, just like a seatbelt, can be the difference between life and death.  

Little infants or even toddlers are safer in a crib or bassinet. There’s no danger of a parent accidentally rolling over them and suffocating them, and there’s also no danger of them rolling off the bed and falling.  That being said, I don’t believe a child will automatically be taken away from their parents for just sleeping in the same bed. But if for whatever reason the family is on the CPS radar than a lack of bed for the child can cause an issue. 

Sleeping in bed together with kid is also common in other cultures. I have spoke to many African Moms and they say it’s normal for them. Personally I feel, it’s good and bad, both. Kid gets independent. But Indian parents who grew up in India mostly can’t do so. Grandparents add into the guilt. Bachhe ko maa se dur kese sula sakte to tum log. 😆

I am forever conflicted. I cling on to them when they are babies and toddler. After they grow up, they don’t want to go their room and want mommy. 🤷‍♀️

Hospitals advise to have separate bed for child after the delivery but it’s not compulsory. 
Car seat on the other hand is a must. Hospital won’t release you and your kid without you bringing in the car seat at the time of discharge. 

Car seat I agree is a great safety tool. One of my friend’s car skidded in the snow and they were hit with a tree. The toddler was safe only coz of car seat. 

Parents that migrate with kids from India has difficulty adjusting coz kid is not used to car seat. 
Whereas for parents like me whose kid is born in US, kid has to get used to it. I mean you are in car seat from the age of 2 days. 😆

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

i followed this case completely when it happened and read different articles on it, almost 10 yrs ago

though i agree with the views that there are cultural differences in bringing up children, imo this is not that black and white 

the husband was a scientist and she had a 14 month son  when she joined him in Norway and then got pregnant almost immediately and had the daughter (i looked up the dates, she went in dec 2009 and baby was born in dec 2010). 

now all of us know the amout of adjustment one has to make when one moves, cultural etc, especially places where winter is severe and you dont see the sun, no people, on top of it any parent knows how difficult handling kids, pregnancy and parenthood especially if kids are under 2 and have less age difference, without family and friends. this can lead to depression 

post partum depression is very common among mothers but is not recognised or addressed in india. 

i do think this was a case of that, and the articles then also suggested that, and she might have hit the kids in that state, one can easily see that life theretook a toll on her

however the norway authorities did prolong it too much as family from india were willing to take the kids and this blew up into a diplomatic issue and it was a emotional issue.

finally, the couple actually even went through divorce, one may say the case took a toll on them, but the husband in the proceedings said she has psychological issues which were denied, it was also said he wanted to stay back in norway and she didnt want to stay back which resulted in their seperation. 

i havent watched the trailer but i i doubt it will show these grey areas and make it a very black and white subject

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This issue is for real ! Once one of my kid’s friends in JK got a chocolate from his teacher and along with the ‘Thank you’, the kid also mentioned ‘But you didn’t scold me so why giving me chocolate’. The social security team was at their house in next 2 days 🤓 They had to go through lot of interrogations on why the kid would get scoldings at home. 🤔 This was in Canada. 

When we were kids in India, our parents would get Guardian Calls to get complaints about us. One of my friends get this Guardian Calls twice a week to get complaints on HIM, not about the kid. 

Total cultural difference. Although it’s been years for me here, I am still not adjusted to this. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Oh forgot to mention, Rani M as always was v. good ! I still carry a little hurt from her playing Tina and coming between my Rahul and Anjali 😡, but it’s okay I will understand once I am 50 may be. 😃 Till then, a little restrained on praising her performance.