Junooniyat: My prediction on how the story would go.

Posted: 1 years ago

Elahi's family backstory seems to be taken straight from Coco. Grandchild loves music but whole family hates it. Because mom/great great grandfather who was a musician left their family years ago. 

Jordan's family backstory is same as Rohan's (Varun Dhawan) story in Student of the Year. Spoilt brat with a strict father who hates his music, wants him to be like the elder brother and join business. 

Now all three leads are going to meet in college which is again going to follow the plot of SOTY. Jahaan would be Abhi (Sid Malhotra). He would play the poor guy who got admission because of scholarship. But he also wants to become a musician and not a businessman. 

Same with Elahi. She is filling the role of Alia Bhatt's character but that's only because its a love triangle like SOTY. Elahi is not a rich dumb bimbo like Shanaya. But looks like all three would become friends after an initial tussle between Jordan and Jahaan as shown in the precap. Like it happened with Abhimanyu and Rohan in the movie.

With the way the show is going, I feel Jordan is the main male lead (not Jahaan), and him and Elahi are the endgame. Jordan's family is getting more focus and development than Jahaan's. Jordan's mom and dad are being played by popular actors so they would have significant roles. Jordan's mom also seems like a typical saas for Elahi. Jahaan's family is pretty much just a plot device so far for him to come to India. 

Jordan and Elahi also are a typical ITV couple. Rich bad boy and simple poor girl. Jahaan is a goody two shoes type character from a poor family. Such guys in Indian shows are not leads most of the time and don't get the girl. In one promo they also showed Jahaan and Elahi falling in love, and Jordan as the third wheel. But the history of Indian serials tells that in a love triangle, the second couple is always the endgame, not the first.

The problem with this show is, the characters don't seem interesting enough, especially Jordan and Jahaan. If Gautam is the main lead, he needs to improve in his acting skills. He got the looks of a rockstar but he's a bit wooden, and he lacks the intensity. Jahaan is very basic as a character and there isn't much to write about him. He's only being saved by Ankit's charm. As for Elahi, I expected her to be sassy, spunky and a full of life type girl. But she's not at all like that, which makes her a bit boring. She so far has got more screentime than the male leads, which has given her more development. 

I hope that after all three land in the college, they reduce the family drama and show more of the trio and their equation. Also I don't know how fans would react if Gautam is the main male lead and not Ankit. This show has got most of the hype because of Ankit. He's by far the most popular face in the trio. I don't know if people would accept if Ankit gets sidelined or becomes the villain in the show. 

I feel the execution has been off to be frank. I thought they might divide the episodes with each character getting some screen space at certain episodes to justify that all three are indeed the leads. But anything's possible ðŸ˜†. It could go the typical love triangle route based on the execution, so keeping zero expectations lol. 

Gautam's pretty much expressionless throughout episodes so far. He looks clueless more than what is required for his character. I feel Ankit is better but he also tends to overdo some of the scenes at times. The FL needs to improve like she's conscious or something in some of the scenes. 

Family drama has somewhat made the drama bit boring, especially the FL's grandma. Jordan's lines which start from "gir ke utna meri fitrat, utke urna meri adat, aur urke asman fateh krna mera junoon." (Post engagement scene when Jordan sings in the engagement & post which his father pulls him outside the event), they were good dialogues but Gautam looked expressionless and the lines evoked no emotion that would've been expected from his character arc. 

Edited by KabutarHoled20 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by KabutarHoled20

I feel the execution has been off to be frank. I thought they might divide the episodes with each character getting some screen space at certain episodes to justify that all three are indeed the leads. But anything's possible ðŸ˜†. It could go the typical love triangle route based on the execution, so keeping zero expectations lol. 

Gautam's pretty much expressionless throughout episodes so far. He looks clueless more than what is required for his character. I feel Ankit is better but he also tends to overdo some of the scenes at times. The FL needs to improve like she's conscious or something in some of the scenes. 

Family drama has somewhat made the drama bit boring, especially the FL's grandma. Jordan's lines which start from "gir ke utna meri fitrat, utke urna meri adat, aur urke asman fateh krna mera junoon." (Post engagement scene when Jordan sings in the engagement & post which his father pulls him outside the event), they were good dialogues but Gautam looked expressionless and the lines evoked no emotion that would've been expected from his character arc. 

The runtime is just of 30 minutes. Its not possible to show all three leads and also follow each one's family drama. If they want to focus on everyone's family background, they would have to do that one by one. Like for now, they should put Jahaan's past in hold. Focus only on Elahi and Jordan's family, but that should also be limited. Prime focus should be on the three leads and their equation whether its friendship/love/hate.

Its a love triangle for sure as its already hinted in a promo. But I also don't want it to be a rinse and repeat two guys fighting over one girl, toxic love story of bad boy and good girl, or a typical saas bahu drama. Not having any expectations though just like you. I don't find any problem in Neha's acting. She's good for a newcomer. Its the character which could be more interesting. I agree Gautam is expressionless. Otherwise his character has most potential among the three.

your story prediction can be true    its regular story all aroung itv😆

juooniyat got hyped coz of ankit and if ankit is not the lead   and jaan will be typical lovy dovy man  crying for love this show is gone   will not get trps😒

gautam will improve i think 

sherdil shergil a new show with good cast closed in 4 months  so  makers should not take trp auties for granted😆

Originally posted by KabutarHoled20

it seems too rushed up  no clarity   lets see how they unfold 3 leads story   if soty  way  we know it😆

gautam needs to improve ankit has to stop over acting    he is good in grey shaded roles like illegal 

family is pretty annoying  so useless 

good punches needs good acting also   

gautam as jordon has to be loud but acting   it will sbdue things   ankit lovy dovy no

neha  needs time

stoty changes on trp  on weekly basis  plus saravi show normaln\ nahi hoga😆  ud mai kitni fizool k track se pakaya hai inhone

why forum is dead already

They will not make Jordan the male lead lol. He might initially be paired with FL but he may turn negative later on. His character gives those vibes of someone who is greedy and ready to do anything to get what he wants (like Jasmine in UD)

Jahaan gives more vibes of a ML, plus he has more fans too and I think makers will favour him over Gautam.

Originally posted by typhoon

why forum is dead already

Forum open hi nahi hua lol

And all ITV forums are dead here except a few SP ones😆

Originally posted by la_Reine

They will not make Jordan the male lead lol. He might initially be paired with FL but he may turn negative later on. His character gives those vibes of someone who is greedy and ready to do anything to get what he wants (like Jasmine in UD)

Jahaan gives more vibes of a ML, plus he has more fans too and I think makers will favour him over Gautam.

hello 

rapper has to loud  and wierd in itv😆  gautam has acting glitches he will solve i hope   can be ilahi loves jordon to begin with  and jahan ankit as third good boy cring wheel😆    or as u said jordon can become villan in love

jasmine😡  ki yaad mat dillua yaar mai ud ki jaaali hui hoon😡😆

ankit is better actor out of three plus   fateh  shades  in beginning where ankit rocked in ud  after  anit as crying baby was boring  

i have limited hopes from saravi😆  6-10 shaadiya tu pakki hongi🤔