Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Is this a good move or bad move? I don't quite get it.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

If a movie stays longer than 2 weeks, national chaines tend to reduce the ticket prices.

YRF also reduced the prices for single screens and other multi-screen theatres.

So, yes, it's a good move as it enables multiple views or first views for the not-enough-well-situated ones and family outings.

The most important now is a long run in cinemas and lower ticket prices favours that. In addition, it is a supporting move for the single screen owners, I think.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
driven thumbnail
Originally posted by: Clochette

If a movie stays longer than 2 weeks, national chaines tend to reduce the ticket prices.

YRF also reduced the prices for single screens and other theatres then the big chaines (if there are).

So, yes, it's a good move as it enables multiple views or first views for the not-enough-well-situated ones.

The most important now is a long run in cinemas and lower ticket prices favours that. In addition, it is a supporting move for the single screen owners, I think.

Do people actually check the ticket rates and go to watch a movie? If they have decided to watch say a Pathaan because of the positive word of mouth, won't they just still go for it not caring for the price?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

If they can afford it (financially), they surely would go the earliest possible it they have the motivation to do so.

But the millions of those living at the subsistence level, a reduced price can be a motivation to skip one meal for the pleasure of entertainment. Or financially struggling families can still do a "we're going to the movies today".

I guess, people get to know about reduction...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Smh at forum members' obsession with discussion box office and business all day long. Once in a while is okay, but non-stop, all day? It's disrespectful to the artistic masterpiece that is Pathaan. 

driven thumbnail
Originally posted by: Clochette

If they can afford it (financially), they surely would go the earliest possible it they have the motivation to do so.

But the millions of those living at the subsistence level, a reduced price can be a motivation to skip one meal for the pleasure of entertainment. Or financially struggling families can still do a "we're going to the movies today".

I guess, people get to know about reduction...

Oh so this is meant for struggling families. Then it's alright I guess. But I hope it doesn't have a negative affect on the fabulous box office of Pathaan. I hope they raise the ticket prices again on the coming weekend so that Pathaan can break even more records (I don't even know if any record is even left in the book for it to break) and set new historic box office benchmarks for Indian cinema like it's been doing for the past two weeks now.

Btw I heard Pathaan got another weekend run in Germany. I hope you would be able to visit SRK again. Did the kids love the movie?

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Smh at forum members' obsession with discussion box office and business all day long. Once in a while is okay, but non-stop, all day? It's disrespectful to the artistic masterpiece that is Pathaan. 

😭😭😭 It is too early for you to be acting like this 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

😭😭😭 It is too early for you to be acting like this 

It is never too early to express one's distaste for people reducing high art to transient aspects like footfalls and ticket prices. In 50 years, when people are studying the history of the Hindi New Wave cinema, it's not the box office that people will discuss. It's the abstract visual poetry of Pathaan, that transcends limiting constructs like reason and  understanding which people will discuss. Discussing trivial things like sales diminishes the dialectic rebellion against current forms of storytelling that Siddharth Anand is leading. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I hope YRF has done their maths. It seems a little too early as it’s not even 2 weeks yet. But I’d think they’d know better. πŸ˜†

Monday collections look good.