DEAR ISHQ on HOTSTAR

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Watched a few episodes, I thought it would be a cute enemies to lovers rom com!!!

What is wrong with the makers of this show?!?! Why the hell do they have background music meant for action flicks playing here?!?! And what is this jabardasti ka angry young man character and why o why is the female lead shown startled at every turn. DUDE wonder if these writers have ever been in an office?!?! This is NOT the way offices work man…this is such BS down our throats!! 

And I am sorry can someone get a better stylist for the female boss…why is she wearing a sweatshirt style top, just get her sarees and PLEASE tone the whole thing down a 100 notches!!! 

GAWD! I was looking forward to dialogues on literature vs quick reads etc but this is crass and so OTT. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I was really excited for this show, wishing things get better

columbia thumbnail
Originally posted by: adventure_gurl

I was really excited for this show, wishing things get better

Honestly I am not watching, but if it does get better, pls pls post here. Thanks 🙏🏽 so much

Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Its based on the book or novel check the starting intro in episode no idea about if its totally based on book or changed but i m enjoying it... Yes lot of things doesn't make any sense n its a long debate soo....

adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think it gets better by episode 4 they are building the scenarios better

columbia thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mahaali2905

Its based on the book or novel check the starting intro in episode no idea about if its totally based on book or changed but i m enjoying it... Yes lot of things doesn't make any sense n its a long debate soo....

My problem is the treatment of the show, it’s so GulKhan style…smiley11 YAsh Patnaik used to be known for subtle writing and comic relief aspects, YAsh and Mamta have just become Gul Khan copycats. This is so disappointing I am sorry.  

I agree it is a long debate, whether such shows really do Justice to romance or the subject of the storyline which is literature vs paperbacks or they just reduce the characters to caricatures. All this happens on ITV all the time, they start with a subject and a storyline to reel the viewers, they build romance to keep the viewers and then everything goes to hell. 

Anyways I am disappointed because I expected more from YAsh and Mamta productions, I guess I was wrong. 

shrutiraina007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Has it improved by any chance? 

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I’m liking it…especially the last few episodes…the OTT reactions has tamed down and story is nice, pace is good, like the execution as romantic show…good timepass

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

Watched a few episodes, I thought it would be a cute enemies to lovers rom com!!!

What is wrong with the makers of this show?!?! Why the hell do they have background music meant for action flicks playing here?!?! And what is this jabardasti ka angry young man character and why o why is the female lead shown startled at every turn. DUDE wonder if these writers have ever been in an office?!?! This is NOT the way offices work man…this is such BS down our throats!! 

And I am sorry can someone get a better stylist for the female boss…why is she wearing a sweatshirt style top, just get her sarees and PLEASE tone the whole thing down a 100 notches!!! 

GAWD! I was looking forward to dialogues on literature vs quick reads etc but this is crass and so OTT. 

Kdramas are the same, moreover we are watching this for entertainment, an escape from reality .

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Pr1yanka

I’m liking it…especially the last few episodes…the OTT reactions has tamed down and story is nice, pace is good, like the execution as romantic show…good timepass

Good to see you here Priyanka 😊 

And yes even I am liking it. Let's see how their love story unfolds