Posted: 1 years ago

There are three major film forums on India Forums - Hollywood, Bollywood, and South. Once upon a time, it made sense to keep them separate. Each industry had its unique fan base, and there wasn't as much intersection. 

The artificial walls between industries have been erased with the streaming media boom. We live in an era where many movies are considered "Pan-Indian" cinema. Movies like KGF, RRR, and Pushpa found audiences across India and abroad. Even Bollywood filmmakers consciously try to release films dubbed in various South Indian languages. 

And it's not just the divide within India that has come down. Internationally too, walls have come down. People across the globe are watching K-dramas or Latin soap operas. Indians have always prolifically consumed western shows and movies. But now, on streaming, even western audiences are consuming Indian content.  Think of some of the biggest shows on Netflix in past years - Squid Game (Korean), Dark (German), and Elite (Spanish). People worldwide enjoy these shows irrespective of where they live or what language they speak. 

So in an era when our consumption is diverse and eclectic - why segregate forums in a manner that represents archaic consumption patterns? And what if you watched a Marathi or Bengali film you want to discuss? What about Pakistani films? 

And even if the separate forums exist only because of grandfathered legacies - why are we so stringent in enforcing them? Why are moderators overzealous to move topics out of Bollywood forums as soon as a non-Bollywood star is mentioned? How are movies like KGF, RRR, and Pushpa allowed on Bollywood - but Hollywood movies are moved just like that? How do you determine what can be talked about in a specific forum? Is it just actors or do distributors and producers matter - Reliance has production/distribution stakes in tons of Hollywood productions. 

Why not just have a broader forum to share and discuss the movies they consume? Completely eliminates the concern of what falls in which category where and how to have fair and consistent exceptions (ya beeshes ain't consistent at all.) 

Yeah, I am not salty at all about my topics getting moved. Watch them move this to Debate Mansion because it's not Bollywood. 

Watch Is That Black Enough for You?!? | Netflix Official Site

Most people here are primarily Bollywood fans. They come here and enjoy discussions on Bollywood celebrities and movies. If all the South Indian, Hollywood and other foreign language movies are regularly discussed here, these people will get irritated and frustrated and will leave the forum forever. Once in a while a Bahubali or a Kantara can be discussed and they won't mind. But otherwise it's Bollywood and only Bollywood.

PS: If you are single and interested in a boy, I am always here for you.

Edited by driven - 1 years ago

Iโ€™ve learned that if at the top of your topic you ask the mods donโ€™t move they sometimes listen to you 

Originally posted by driven

Most people here are primarily Bollywood fans. They come here and enjoy discussions on Bollywood celebrities and movies. If all the South Indian, Hollywood and other foreign language movies are regularly discussed here, these people will get irritated and frustrated and will leave the forum forever. Once in a while a Bahubali or a Kantara can be discussed and they won't mind. But otherwise it's Bollywood and only Bollywood.

- Interest drives content. Topics will die a natural death if no one is genuinely interested. So why bother moving it? 

- As you said, it's a Bollywood forum. Most people are interested in Bollywood. Occasionally they post something off-topic because they want to discuss it with their peers. So why bother moving? 

[I am genuinely pissed off about the moving because they do it even when I have tried to tie topics to Bollywood and don't even bother explaining when asked.]

But in the grander scheme of things. A universal forum wouldn't be bad. It would give home to niche audiences too. I think everyone should shed their narrow boxes. But perhaps there can be a filtering feature so people can choose to see only topics related to Bollywood. Or they can give cross-posting options so a topic can exist in multiple forums simultaneously based on need. 

There is a south forum?What's the need when this forum is obsessed with south films discussions?

Originally posted by return_to_hades

- Interest drives content. Topics will die a natural death if no one is genuinely interested. So why bother moving it? 

- As you said, it's a Bollywood forum. Most people are interested in Bollywood. Occasionally they post something off-topic because they want to discuss it with their peers. So why bother moving? 

[I am genuinely pissed off about the moving because they do it even when I have tried to tie topics to Bollywood and don't even bother explaining when asked.]

But in the grander scheme of things. A universal forum wouldn't be bad. It would give home to niche audiences too. I think everyone should shed their narrow boxes. But perhaps there can be a filtering feature so people can choose to see only topics related to Bollywood. Or they can give cross-posting options so a topic can exist in multiple forums simultaneously based on need. 

Forcefully tying unrelated topics to Bollywood doesn't work. I think our moderators (especially the lovely one) are  intelligent enough  to know that, so that's why they are moved. No need to get pissed off. 

I am telling you with guarantee that majority people will leave the forum if this happens. Ten Hollywood, South Indian, bombings, religious, political topics on thee first two pages on the forum all the time and this forum will also become dead like others. Let Bollywood forum breathe.

Forcefully tying unrelated topics to Bollywood doesn't work. I think our moderators (especially the lovely one) are  intelligent enough  to know that, so that's why they are moved. No need to get pissed off. 

Been there. Done that. Wouldn't complain if I hadn't walked a million miles in those shoes. ๐Ÿ˜†

I know how easy it is to let things be unless it is a genuine issue. I ALWAYS made an effort to explain to people why I made decisions. I always sent courtesy PMs to let people know what I was doing. I expect the same level of customer service I provide - nothing more, nothing less. 

Now don't go denying me my feelings. I have every right to feel what I feel. And I am feeling pissed. So what. And Mondays are for being angry all day. ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Been there. Done that. Wouldn't complain if I hadn't walked a million miles in those shoes. ๐Ÿ˜†

I know how easy it is to let things be unless it is a genuine issue. I ALWAYS made an effort to explain to people why I made decisions. I always sent courtesy PMs to let people know what I was doing. I expect the same level of customer service I provide - nothing more, nothing less. 

Now don't go denying me my feelings. I have every right to feel what I feel. And I am feeling pissed. So what. And Mondays are for being angry all day. ๐Ÿ˜†

I am sorry but moderators don't owe you any explanation. They are the bosses here. Calm down. Smoke a cigarette.

I am sorry but moderators don't owe you any explanation. They are the bosses here. Calm down. Smoke a cigarette.

I'm sorry, but they do. I am a contributing member of the community. I make a genuine effort not to misbehave or cause a ruckus. Their role is to foster the community, not do as they wish. I think it is common courtesy to let people know why you're doing certain things. It doesn't have to be a back-and-forth. It can be a one-sentence PM or a comment on a topic. Even if they were bosses, good bosses exhibit transparency. 

I guess you're really trying to push all my buttons by telling me to calm down and have a cigarette. ๐Ÿ˜†

they are very short tempered 

Itโ€™s enough for someone to breakdown