Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Book Title: Hook, Line and Sinker (Bellinger Sisters # 2)

Author: Tessa Bailey

Year Published: 2022

Genre/s: Contemporary M/F romance

Trope/s: Friends-to-lovers, Forced proximity, fake relationship, slow burn

Narrative type: Third person alternating PoVs

Maturity rating: Adult for themes/ sexual situations

Personal rating: 4. 

(I debated a bit with this one, because I had rated ITOS, Piper's book a 4 and that one made me cry in places. While this one didn't but then it affected me quite differently, so I think it warrants an equal rating.)

Synopsis:

Hannah and Fox have been sort of friends since he was roped in by his captain and friend, Brendan, 7 months ago to keep her entertained so he could get busy getting it on with her sister, Piper. Now Piper and Brendan are engaged and Hannah has returned to LA but she still keeps in touch with Fox via texts, and she's still nursing a crush on the director of the movie (Sergei) she's assisting with as PA. 

A freak suggestion by Hannah moves the filming location to the fishing town of Westport and Fox offers her the guest room at his apartment for the duration of her stay because a) Brendan requests him to for reasons I won't go into and b) what could be more innocuous than best friends sharing an apartment right? Wrong. 😆 

Fox's reputation as ladies' man won't leave him and Hannah thinks she needs his help to make Sergei jealous. Assumptions, perceptions, breaking down barriers and acceptance are what this book is all about! 

I'm putting the review under the 'Mature post' tag in the next post cos idk if I can keep it entirely spoiler-free, so you can skip over it if you're allergic to them! 😆

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Book Title: It happened one summer (The Bellinger sisters #1)

Author: Tessa Bailey

I’ll need to push this further on my to-read list. I have heard only good things about it. I’ve had the paperback for a year but haven’t picked it up yet. Same with her other books like hook, line and sinker, fix her up and the killer vacation. I’d bought them now just need to push them to the top of my reading list. 

I’d heard they’re making a movie out of it but they never seem to be as good as the book. Nothing comes close to it which is so irritating. I really hope the cast comes close to the characters and they stay true to the book. 

Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Bookmarking this 👀 

I'm an Agatha Christie junkie or generally a patsy for any detective novel with intriguing twists and turns. 

Until now, I read two of Agatha's works: And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express. 

Plans are to include:

The ABC Murder

Body in the Library

Death on the Nile 

Sparkling Cyanide

😬🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leenaaa

Bookmarking this 👀 

I'm an Agatha Christie junkie or generally a patsy for any detective novel with intriguing twists and turns. 

Until now, I read two of Agatha's works: And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express. 

Plans are to include:

The ABC Murder

Body in the Library

Death on the Nile 

Sparkling Cyanide

😬🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️

All those are great books and you began with two of Christie’s best! ⭐️ You could also include The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Lord Edgware dies. 😳

LizzieBennet thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Bookmarking this thread since I really need to get back to reading ❤️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

I’ll need to push this further on my to-read list. I have heard only good things about it. I’ve had the paperback for a year but haven’t picked it up yet. Same with her other books like hook, line and sinker, fix her up and the killer vacation. I’d bought them now just need to push them to the top of my reading list. 

I’d heard they’re making a movie out of it but they never seem to be as good as the book. Nothing comes close to it which is so irritating. I really hope the cast comes close to the characters and they stay true to the book. 

I hear you about the movie. They can never match up the books usually. Like the Hating game. I did not enjoy the movie at all although they stayed quite faithful to the book! They couldn’t capture the chemistry I guess. I don’t know what it is but I’m not gonna expect a lot from the movie. But the book is absolutely worth it. I have Fix her up sitting on my shelf- need to get to it soon but distractions get in the way all too often! 😔

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

i know, but jab bhi pata chale, dont forget to inform me😆 You can go a step further by asking me everyday "Have you started reading yet?"🤣

Have you started reading yet? 😆 And have you checked out the rest of this thread? There are some R rated fics for you! 😈

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I hear you about the movie. They can never match up the books usually. Like the Hating game. I did not enjoy the movie at all although they stayed quite faithful to the book! They couldn’t capture the chemistry I guess. I don’t know what it is but I’m not gonna expect a lot from the movie. But the book is absolutely worth it. I have Fix her up sitting on my shelf- need to get to it soon but distractions get in the way all too often! 😔

Who is fix her up by?