Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

At the moment, I’d say Aruna is most likely to win. Of course it’s only been two weeks and it’s hard to say, maybe over time I change my prediction 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think Shanta  but I really want to see how Deepa, Vineet and Avinash progress if they sort out their thought processes.

I think gurkeerat will definitely be top 5 along with Priyanka maybe. Aruna is top 2 material for sure.

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deltablues

I think Shanta  but I really want to see how Deepa, Vinnet and Avinash progress if they sort out their thought processes.

I think gurkeerat will definitely be top 5 along with Priyanka maybe. Aruna is top 2 material for sure.

Gurkeerat has managed to surprise me, i didn’t think he would be as good as he seems to be.

My top 5 (at the moment), in no particular order:

1. Aruna

2. Deepa

3. Shanta

4. Priyanka 

5. Kamaldeep

Priyanka and Kamaldeep can be interchanged with Avinash and Nayanjyoti.

Hopefully in the coming weeks we’ll see other cooks surprise us.

I do have some hopes from Sachin and Dyuti.

So far I like Vineet, but something tells me he won’t go far (hope I’m wrong).

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Gurkeerat has managed to surprise me, i didn’t think he would be as good as he seems to be.

My top 5 (at the moment), in no particular order:

1. Aruna

2. Deepa

3. Shanta

4. Priyanka 

5. Kamaldeep

Priyanka and Kamaldeep can be interchanged with Avinash and Nayanjyoti.

Hopefully in the coming weeks we’ll see other cooks surprise us.

I do have some hopes from Sachin and Dyuti.

So far I like Vineet, but something tells me he won’t go far (hope I’m wrong).

I feel that fine-dining is not just about fancy techniques that we cannot replicate at homes but also larger themes or philosophy to be more pedantic. Something that makes you go to a certain chef's diner over any other. I think out of the non-star contestants, vineet has the clearest vision in terms of food, flavours, plating.

He could really shine through. Avinash also had a very clear vision but he's getting lost trying to upgrade, elevate odia food rather than translating an underrated cuisine on the plate.

Raina101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deltablues

I feel that fine-dining is not just about fancy techniques that we cannot replicate at homes but also larger themes or philosophy to be more pedantic. Something that makes you go to a certain chef's diner over any other. I think out of the non-star contestants, vineet has the clearest vision in terms of food, flavours, plating.

He could really shine through. Avinash also had a very clear vision but he's getting lost trying to upgrade, elevate odia food rather than translating an underrated cuisine on the plate.

What’s happening with Avinash, I suspect will happen with Vineet. Unfortunately many believe that using different techniques (that we wouldn’t use at home) or adding in elements or ingredients that are alien to Indian homes will make their dishes more appealing and/or innovative.

I remember there was a contestant who came from a small town but cooked lovely food, when he tried to innovate and experiment with newer food he failed. Can’t remember his name but I think it was Vijay.

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

What’s happening with Avinash, I suspect will happen with Vineet. Unfortunately many believe that using different techniques (that we wouldn’t use at home) or adding in elements or ingredients that are alien to Indian homes will make their dishes more appealing and/or innovative.

I remember there was a contestant who came from a small town but cooked lovely food, when he tried to innovate and experiment with newer food he failed. Can’t remember his name but I think it was Vijay.

But clearly Avinash is more diverse in his palette than someone being perfect in only one cuisine and being inexperienced in others. He's getting twisted in trying to westernise Odia cuisine.

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5

I feel Aruna and Shanta are the strongest. I like Priyanka because she helped Baa in the elimination round but she doesn't look like a strong contender.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Aruna..

Coz she has the ability to cook well even with limited ingredients, doesn't panic in pressure situations, makes both sweets n savouries and her presentation is good.

Others likely to go far r Shanta, Gurkirat, Priyanka n one of Kamaldeep/Avinash/Deepa

priya185 thumbnail

I like Priyanka Shanta Kamaldeep Nayanjyoti Aruna. Vineet too as he makes great designs

Edited by priya185 - 1 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

I don't think Kamaldeep will be in top 5 nor Shanta even though both are strong. I have a feeling top 5 will be Aruna, Deepa, Gurkirat, Nayanjyoti, and maybe Vineet. Avinash could be in top 5 too, but Aruna and Deepa I'm sure about. Nayanjyoti as well I feel will be there. They show a lot of him. I feel like Gurkirat, Vineet, or Avinash will round out top 5.

Aruna or Deepa will be in Top 2. Not both I don't think. One will make it to Top 2. And probably one from the 4 boys/men I mentioned above.