Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Offtopic: The case that DevD was based upon

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

This dates back to 2004.

I was in the same school as the girl whose sexual video was circulated on MMS and thus led to the term "revenge p*rn".

She was no friend of mine, but the way the media sensationalized it and the way that heartless boy circulated that intimate video broke my heart.

Recently, the reason I have been inactive on this forum is one of my friends succumbed to the same set of events. Her boyfriend filmed them whilst having sex, and later circulated the video amongst her colleagues ,parents, and friends.

My friend is in severe depression, and the worst part is, I don't know how to help her.

2 cases over the years, and this has just made me feel really helpless and sad.

Thoughts??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The girl must feel shame for having her private moments circulated. How dare she? 

Society has taught us to feel shame with the word sex. Having her body exposed to people means she must hide or go somewhere where no one knows her. 'izzat'. 

In india izzat for women is her being pious, no one should have seen her in her private moments or nude.  Even if she is so successful in her career or at a higher authority level, but if her private moments are exposed, her izzat is gone to drain. The mindset is problem. As if being nude or having sex makes the girl or boy exposing something that is different from anyone else's body. 

Did your friend file a complaint against the dude in question?

Is she more traumatized due to her mms being viral or due to the betrayal? 

I'd suggest for psychiatrist help for her but first of all make an appointment with the psychiatrist for yourself and let them know the issue and see their mindset. Many times therapist havinng shallow thinking would worsen the case.

There is this movie which everyone should watch Etharkkum Thunindhavan movie. Its On similar topic.

Edited by Maikhushboo - 1 years ago