Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Guess this is the right forum and u all the right people to ask😊

Want to cook something innovative this week..specially for kids.

Can u all pls give suggestions? Something vegetarian and a sureshot hit with kids..desserts or savouries..anything will do

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Don't have kids but fried idli salads were our favourite snacks at college hostels. Great way to use leftover breakfast and can sneak in veggies as well.

Ranveer brar has a great veg cutlet recipe

Alternatively, my kiddo cousins really love green sauce pasta. Blanch broccoli and spinach and puree with some almonds and milk. Fold in some penne or spaghetti and put some cheese on top + pepper or chilli flakes.

Some unhealthy indulgences would be hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deltablues

Don't have kids but fried idli salads were our favourite snacks at college hostels. Great way to use leftover breakfast and can sneak in veggies as well.

Ranveer brar has a great veg cutlet recipe

Alternatively, my kiddo cousins really love green sauce pasta. Blanch broccoli and spinach and puree with some almonds and milk. Fold in some penne or spaghetti and put some cheese on top + pepper or chilli flakes.

Some unhealthy indulgences would be hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

Leftover masala idli is their favorite snack..haven't tried adding other veggies but tastes great with spring onions.

Thanks for ur suggestions..Also, want something that I usually don't cook..Non Indian, non Italian n non Chinese 🙂

On second thought, something veg from North East n Bengal also..haven't tried that

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Leftover masala idli is their favorite snack..haven't tried adding other veggies but tastes great with spring onions.

Thanks for ur suggestions..Also, want something that I usually don't cook..Non Indian, non Italian n non Chinese 🙂

On second thought, something veg from North East n Bengal also..haven't tried that

Falafel or a taco would be easily made with an Indian pantry. You could also try mac and cheese or bagels. 

Don't know how good you are with tibetan food but that's generally very tasty. 

One of my favourite ice creams is a kinnow kulfi/froyo with lemongrass

You can also try piyazi or chenna podda. I personally prefer odia samosas over north indian samosas. A kathi roll or cutlets are great bengali snacks. One of my favourite sweets :

https://www.slurrp.com/article/kabisambardhna-a-bizarre-bengali-barfi-originally-made-in-honour-of-rabindranath-tagore-1642684462866

I remember watching this video and your post reminded me of it :

https://youtu.be/DX36IYg5pJM

Also completely different cuisine would be a ghanaian jollof rice

https://tasty.co/compilation/party-rice-around-africa

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Thanks a lot 🙏

Very useful..and absolutely tempting pics😀

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Cauliflower barfi..wow⭐️

Minionite thumbnail

I don't have kids, but I do love baking (not anything extravagant). I make some tasty breads and cookies that I've taken in to work at various times and they finish quickly.

Try this recipe for cracked wheat. My addition to it is olives. I usually add in a can (about 400 ml) of pitted black or green olives. Put in half just before you finish kneading the dough (so that they break up) and put in half once you put it in a bowl to rise. This way you get olive flavour throughout the bread but also pieces of it in your mouth.

https://www.girlversusdough.com/cracked-wheat-bread/

I can also share some cookie recipes if you like this. I make a nice oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Both this and the cracked wheat bread are healthier options than the regular style, hence why I like them better.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: MinionBoss

I don't have kids, but I do love baking (not anything extravagant). I make some tasty breads and cookies that I've taken in to work at various times and they finish quickly.

Try this recipe for cracked wheat. My addition to it is olives. I usually add in a can (about 400 ml) of pitted black or green olives. Put in half just before you finish kneading the dough (so that they break up) and put in half once you put it in a bowl to rise. This way you get olive flavour throughout the bread but also pieces of it in your mouth.

https://www.girlversusdough.com/cracked-wheat-bread/

I can also share some cookie recipes if you like this. I make a nice oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Both this and the cracked wheat bread are healthier options than the regular style, hence why I like them better.

Please share..Thanks

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Quesadillas with a ton of sautéed vegetables - corn, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms (whatever you have available).

Similarly an au gratin with all the vegetables in your fridge.

A Spanish paella 

Vegetable satay (use tofu, mushroom, paneer, baby corn)

All recipes are available online - but if you do me, I’ll send you my recipes (which may not be 100% authentic)

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Quesadillas with a ton of sautéed vegetables - corn, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms (whatever you have available).

Similarly an au gratin with all the vegetables in your fridge.

A Spanish paella 

Vegetable satay (use tofu, mushroom, paneer, baby corn)

All recipes are available online - but if you do me, I’ll send you my recipes (which may not be 100% authentic)

Paella requires a more absorbant rice than most Indian rices, just in case you choose to make it. :)