Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Well, if the movie does as badly as shaandaar did years ago then no he won’t be able to.  But it won’t be that difficult to pass an average movie as a hit.  JJJ’s budget kept changing as the release date neared because they knew it wouldn’t recover it.  

To be fair to KJo, I’m sure a lot of producers do this.  But KJo made the mistake of admitting in an interview that all the 4 stars a movie gets are decided on even before the release because marketing a movie “is all about perception”.  He kind of shot his own credibility in the foot.  A lot of producers have some understanding with the critics and analysts, hence the term “samosa critic”, meaning the critic/analyst got his reward, his samosa, for giving positive feedback.  

So are Gangubai and Brahmastra actually average or flops or hits? What's the reality there?

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

"promising" movie that can "help him" get back to the big leagues

Where is this certainty that is being talked about? Its just optimism and guesswork more than anything else. No claims of KJos next being a HIT regardless of how it does. He also says, Shankar's next will be huge. Shall we assume that they are all ready to mark this a blockbuster ?

And I said in my first post that the analyst is saying KJo’s next will probably be a hit. I even added that I wasn’t including his words as part of my speculations.  

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

And I said in my first post that the analyst is saying KJo’s next will probably be a hit. I even added that I wasn’t including his words as part of my speculations.  

Probably has to do with the fact that he hasnt produced a flop yet, rather than his next starring Alia 😊

But I am no one to stop anyone from enjoying their conspiracies, so cheers to the BO fudging speculations

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well, if the movie does as badly as shaandaar did years ago then no he won’t be able to.  But it won’t be that difficult to pass an average movie as a hit.  JJJ’s budget kept changing as the release date neared because they knew it wouldn’t recover it.  

To be fair to KJo, I’m sure a lot of producers do this.  But KJo made the mistake of admitting in an interview that all the 4 stars a movie gets are decided on even before the release because marketing a movie “is all about perception”.  He kind of shot his own credibility in the foot.  A lot of producers have some understanding with the critics and analysts, hence the term “samosa critic”, meaning the critic/analyst got his reward, his samosa, for giving positive feedback.  

What does stars have to do with how profitable a movie is or how much money it made.....FAN got all 4 stars and excellent reviews and still flopped....Salman's most of the blockbusters have 2 or 2.5 stars.....chalo maana audience stars se bewkoof ban kar movie dekhne gayi....but gayi toh.....that money is real.....even if the analyst fakes that the movie is a hit......but what about the distributors or the theater owners......unko kya milega ek flop movie ko hit kehne ka?? Koi logic nahi hai in sab baaton ka....other than that the movies of some actors have to shown as failed even though they make tons of money....Pathan ke liye Twitter per other fandoms have aleady started....fake collection.....arre Bhai....how can someone show 250-300 cr ka fake collection?? Why just for one movie then?? Why not for Zero or Fan??

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Probably has to do with the fact that he hasnt produced a flop yet, rather than his next starring Alia 😊

But I am no one to stop anyone from enjoying their conspiracies, so cheers to the BO fudging speculations

Kursi ki peti baandh lo...Pathan release hone wali hai...🤣

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Originally posted by: driven

So are Gangubai and Brahmastra actually average or flops or hits? What's the reality there?

Gangubai was made with a budget of around 160cr, sold to distributors for 90cr and made about 130. Rule of thumb is a movie should make double the distributors price to break even because distributors only get 50%.  I don’t believe it was a hit. 

Brahmstra was made with a budget of over 400cr. Star Plus and Disney were producers and distributors. The movie has made around 435cr gross world wide, not net but gross.  Take away taxes and fees, exhibitors (theater owners) shares and what you would end up with is way way under 400cr.  So No Brahmstra is not a hit let alone a blockbuster.  But 435cr is a very big number and easy to manipulate and say it’s a blockbuster because most people look at the number and not whether anyone made any profits off this.  

Disclaimer: To the emoji gang who are ready to come at me. Just know that know that I am not interested in arguing with you about this for the n’th time. I am only answering Driven’s question. So I won’t engage. Peace out ✌🏽 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

OK.  

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Gangubai was made with a budget of around 160cr, sold to distributors for 90cr and made about 130. Rule of thumb is a movie should make double the distributors price to break even because distributors only get 50%.  I don’t believe it was a hit. 

Brahmstra was made with a budget of over 400cr. Star Plus and Disney were producers and distributors. The movie has made around 435cr gross world wide, not net but gross.  Take away taxes and fees, exhibitors (theater owners) shares and what you would end up with is way way under 400cr.  So No Brahmstra is not a hit let alone a blockbuster.  But 435cr is a very big number and easy to manipulate and say it’s a blockbuster because most people look at the number and not whether anyone made any profits off this.  

Disclaimer: To the emoji gang who are ready to come at me. Just know that know that I am not interested in arguing with you about this for the n’th time. I am only answering Driven’s question. So I won’t engage. Peace out ✌🏽 

Thank you so much for this elaborate explanation. I think I got it. I have been a little out of loop with regards to Bollywood because of certain irresistible distractions in my life. Thank you for this. So these two were either average or flops and definitely not hits.

So which were the hits in 2022? I guess three Bollywood movies - The Kashmir Files, Bhool Bhulaiya 2 and Drishyam 2 which were blockbusters.

Apart from these three Bollywood movies, three other South Indian movies - KGF Chapter 2, RRR and Kantara were blockbusters in Hindi.

So that makes it six blockbusters in 2022. Rest no hits. Did I get it right?

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Thank you so much for this elaborate explanation. I think I got it. I have been a little out of loop with regards to Bollywood because of certain irresistible distractions in my life. Thank you for this. So these two were either average or flops and definitely not hits.

So which were the hits in 2022? I guess three Bollywood movies - The Kashmir Files, Bhool Bhulaiya 2 and Drishyam 2 which were blockbusters.

Apart from these three Bollywood movies, three other South Indian movies - KGF Chapter 2, RRR and Kantara were blockbusters in Hindi.

Kahin galti se koi legit Box office site mat dekh lena....poora confujia jaaoge....🤣

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

As far as I can remember yes.