Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: don12

There are no commercial relationship between India and Pakistan...I think desicion to boycott Indian products was taken by Imran Khan. 

Well they do take medicine supply from India though.

Cinematic relationships are not going to help India Pak relationships. Anyone who thinks otherwise are delusional.

But Google says they lifted the 2 year ban last year...

TotalBetty thumbnail

Anyone can write anything here, I-F allows it, so not saying non Indians don't have the right to talk about India or anything like that 

In fact I like reading from people from other countries and cultures about their views on BW etc. Makes I-F more fun

But it would be  nice for a change if someone at least had the guts to say that both countries are behaving with immaturity, art has no boundaries blah blah blah (if criticizing just  the other country is too much for them and we know it is) but that's expecting too much 

That's typical Western hypocrisy 

Actually that might be unfair, that's how progressives the world over operate

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago
JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Clochette

This 'Tit for Tat' is - imo - just a stupid power-play... reeks of immaturity and a narrow mindset. Art could (should!!!) help (like sport) to build bridges...

IN addition: what a hypocrisy to use products coming from Pakistan (and Pakistan products coming from India)...commercial relations are possible - and cinematic relations aren't???

ban on Indian movies in Pak came only In play AFTER indian govt arm twisted BW directors to impose a ban on pak artists in BW movies…. Pak artists are still workin in indian Punjabi movies, indian Punjabi movies are still being screened in Pakistan…. 

also indian ott forums have produced several Pakistani serials for OTTs… the issue is just limited to Bollywood movies… it’s a lot of eyewash to keep public on both sides engaged and distracted from their govts incompetencies… AND to further alienate and push a certain propaganda against Bollywood…

also many Pakistani products are available in india (at least in Delhi and Punjab side) just like many Indian products are available in Pakistan….

TotalBetty thumbnail

There was a guy here who was a huge fan of a particular movie star and used to blindly support the terrorist actions of this actor who was involved in arms dealing with Pak terrorists (which might've  been used to kill don't know how many Indians)  and also poor, innocent Indians went to prison under TADA cz of him while he escaped it

But this member who was not Indian, never lived or visited India, his only connection to India was watching BW esp this actor, used to fight with members here and support that actors actions 🤷‍♀️ 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Betty, when I write "tit for tat" "reeks of immaturity" then I - obviously - talk about BOTH sides...It is the thinking of you-do-that to-us-we-do-the-same-to-you that I dislike (irrespective of who starts what)...

And I'm happy to support an actor who truly loves his homeland India although having paternal ancestors not being Indian.

JustWandering, thanks for letting me know about the Punjabi interchange.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Just release on Netflix, so everyone can see this brilliant film. 

TotalBetty thumbnail

But it says Indian movies were banned in Pak from 1965 to 2008 (but not always strictly enforced)

JustWandering thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

But it says Indian movies were banned in Pak from 1965 to 2008 (but not always strictly enforced)

i can’t say before 2000s

But I personally have seen many BW movies in theatres post 2000… in 90s there was a huge BW craze in pak..

My elder sisters used to have magazines like filmfare and stardust which were easily available in book stores… I’ve met older generation Indians from Delhi and “Bombay” who told me that they used to watch Pakistani dramas and movies illegally recorded or imported on “VHS”, rented from video shops… so I think this “ban” was only implied during times of escalated tensions… it wasn’t a continuous ban…

Also this current ban being limited only on BW movies on both sides… while no such ban is follwed on OTT and Punjab suggests that it’s only to “target” Bollywood…  Just like many other things where BW is singled out 

Edit: I asked my aunt, she said she has seen couple of Indian movies back in 70s, 80s as well

Edited by JustWandering - 1 years ago
JustWandering thumbnail

Originally posted by: mz.gigglez

Just release on Netflix, so everyone can see this brilliant film. 

it’s a spectacle movie, best enjoyed on big screen I feel… 

atominis thumbnail

Does not matter. Most Indians do not go to theatres to watch films anyway. Those who want to watch it will watch online and download it.

Much ado about nothing