Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

And there are many adult movie buffs that I know who watch the shows and would rather see the more deserving person win. 

That’s fine. But I think an actor/actress coming to an award show, dancing and winning an award is for sure pandering to that persons fans 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Truth be told I think screen awards have folded 😂 yes their popular categories had voting open.

Filmfare awards voting opens soon tho, they usually let people vote and then after voting nominations are announced 

You think with all the trolling Aloo gets. She really got nominated in all these years because people voted for her. I think she might have en equal number of haters and fans. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

That’s fine. But I think an actor/actress coming to an award show, dancing and winning an award is for sure pandering to that persons fans 

Again they can also pay people to perform instead of doing backroom deals. Just because people might like seeing someone perform does not mean they want that person to win. Look at Ranveer hosting filmfare. The reaction social media had to almost all his awards this year. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Secondly, we have been at this for an hour. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here. If iifa let people influence who they nominate. They would not be getting all the bashing and trolling I see on social media right now. 

Another good example would be if you honestly think people would agree that Varun is the actor of the decade. You honestly would? Or that Alia is extended cameo in Gully Boy was award-worthy. And you think this has no correlation to the decline of Bollywood

You raised the point which industry’s award shows pander to fans more. An I think it’s Bollywood.(to the detriment actually) All their award shows are just a stage show lol. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Well, it is a good thing the Oscars just need hosts and they do not need performances from actors. They normally hire singers or comedians for entertainment purposes. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

You raised the point which industry’s award shows pander to fans more. An I think it’s Bollywood.(to the detriment actually) All their award shows are just a stage show lol. 

That is if you confuse commercial success with the person people want to see win. Which is not always the case. Yes, it has been to their detriment to give them to a selected few in the inside circle. Lasting thing they do is pander to public opinion. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Well, it is a good thing the Oscars just need hosts and they do not need performances from actors. They normally hire singers or comedians for entertainment purposes. 

I miss when they nominated movies like Departed 😞 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I miss when they nominated movies like Departed 😞 

Oscars have lost prestige. They were known to be very credible and awarded the best films and performances. But I do think there is enough evidence that Bollywood award shows have lost more respect or any respect from the public or movie fans than there ever was. 

https://indianyug.com/how-filmfare-awards-are-losing-credibility-for-movie-lovers-and-artists/

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That is if you confuse commercial success with the person people want to see win.

Well Oscar’s went up in ratings but still were 2nd lowest ever lol. An that’s not to say BW awards show do great in tv ratings. I really don’t even know where to look for that lmao. 

Who do you think people want to see win this year ? For Hollywood and Bollywood 

I like the actor from the  Elvis movie I hope he wins.