Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by atominis

Diljit is probably being sidelined due to his open vocal stand on contentious political issues. Same as Kangana.

Award juries like to play safe. Aamir, Anupam, Naseer, Paresh, Ratna, Shabana are others who were slowly sidelined by commercial awards after their vocal, open stand on political issues.

Brands like to play safe. Abhishek is diplomatic and non controversial, hence easy to give awards, besides being a nepo kid which gives him distinct advantage over Diljit or a film like Jogi based on 1984.

Yeah but Haidar was a controversial film it still won awards. So was Udta Punjab. But a lot of Bollywoodites are loyal to congress. But come on look at this scene. And tell me it did not deserve recognition. Even the actor in Darlings was more deserving then Abhishek. IMO

https://youtube.com/shorts/iRA1heEq-FU?feature=share

Those films got awards in another regime. Also when social media troll army was not that widespread enough to influence fate of media or stars in real life.

Also, films won awards. But it is not like Shahid speaks on any issue. Shahid, Tabu, Kay Kay, Irrfan etc hardly spoke on any issue in real life. So why will anyone hesitate to give them awards or cast or work with them?

Abhishek won due to nepotism and non controversial stand. Not because he deserved it. Filmfare is usually kind to him due to Bachchan tag. 

Proud father? This tweet is an indirect insult to his son! Isse better toh tareef hi mat karo yaar.

I'm not sure anybody has insulted Abhishek more than Amitabh has in this one tweet ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by atominis

Those films got awards in another regime. Also when social media troll army was not that widespread enough to influence fate of media or stars in real life.

Also, films won awards. But it is not like Shahid speaks on any issue. Shahid, Tabu, Kay Kay, Irrfan etc hardly spoke on any issue in real life. So why will anyone hesitate to give them awards or cast or work with them?

Abhishek won due to nepotism and non controversial stand. Not because he deserved it. Filmfare is usually kind to him due to Bachchan tag. 

Chalo I won't complain too much now. I don't want to end up insulting my favorites like Amitabh ended up insulting his son. That tweet clearly shows how bitter he was about his son not being a success. 

I will just say the awards lack merit. And call it a day!