Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The movie had really low buzz. If not for this forum I wouldn't have even known this was releasing. As for Ranveer, he really needs go out of sight for a while. There is just too much of him, over exposure in his hyper state has drastically reduced his charm. There is nothing about him that feels relatable anymore. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ranveer Singh ka dabba gool. 🤷‍♀️

I mean Bollywood seriously needs to invest in writers pronto. No old age formulas are working and will not work. 

Create stories for different genres. Categorize your audience and pay writers to write something interesting. All this same old garbage ain’t gonna work. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Ranveer Singh ka dabba gool. 🤷‍♀️

I mean Bollywood seriously needs to invest in writers pronto. No old age formulas are working and will not work. 

Create stories for different genres. Categorize your audience and pay writers to write something interesting. All this same old garbage ain’t gonna work. 

Warms my heart when someone says something about good writing being the key. But when KJo and Anurag Kashyap agree that only spectacle films work, you know Bollywood is not gonna be paying attention to writing any time soon.

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

it couldnt even hit 10cr.

-raVen- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

btw , when are you writing Pathan prediction ?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

@Bobby

I wouldn't worry too much about Brahmastra prediction.

I was thinking it would be a flop until a friend sent me the last-minute trailer. That didn't have any of the Kaun ho thum, Kya ho thum, SHIVAAA nonsense. It actually looked interesting. I remember telling that friend (another IF member) that should've been the actual trailer. 

Now, the film turned out to be more like the first trailer. But there was enough mystery surrounding the backstory to keep audience hooked. 

It's the Bahubali strategy. The supposed protag character was not the draw. It was Bahubali Sr. That was the mystery which got the WOM going. Remember 'why did Kattappa kill Bahubali?'

I believe if they didn't do the last trailer for Brahmastra, the opening wouldn't have been as much. Still, WOM would've made it a hit.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

First of all, thank you for the overwhelming positivity and support in this thread 😃 it is much appreciated, and gives me further motivation to write for you guys!!

@blue-ice.1  EXACTLY! 😆 People don't realize sometimes that a prediction is just that - a prediction! And you are right about not pleasing everyone...I'm shouldn't bother trying to please everyone here 😆

@Snatch Thanks! I think there are two sides to that. On one hand, the collections of Brahmastra are truly remarkable, especially for a delayed film! Ranbir Kapoor, in my eyes, as cemented himself as a SUPERSTAR, as he now has 2 films with a 30+ opening non-holiday (Sanju being the other).

On the other hand, yes - Brahmastra could've covered more distance with its lifetime total, and it had to settle at just 230 due to Mixed WOM. A smaller film like Drishyam 2 should not have gotten ahead of Brahmastra's lifetime given the humongous opening Brahmastra took, but ultimately, its cause Drishyam 2 carried fantastic WOM.

Thanks for your feedback regarding my other predictions as well!

@cougarTown I apologize that I didn't write anything detailed for Cirkus, but there wasn't much to write anyway given the negativity for the film was all over social media before its release smiley36 One thing I would've added is that there was an absence of action in the trailer of Cirkus - action of course is a staple ingredient of Rohit Shetty films. I'm quite sure even the trailer of a comedy film like Golmaal Again showed Ajay Devgn performing some action scenes, so the lack of action in the trailer of Cirkus went against the film in terms of opening. Negative WOM further sealed its fate. 

@-raVen-  soon.....very soon! 😉

@HearMeRoar  thanks!! Honestly, I don't even remember the second trailer of Brahmastra haha. Could you send a link please? 

kyapa thumbnail

Originally posted by: srkat

@-raVen-  soon.....very soon! 😉

kab?

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Currently in the process of thinking and gathering some info.

Edited by srkat - 1 years ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

🤣🤣Yeh topic abhi takh zinda hai 🤣