Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

catsu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

Movie was pretty good. Enjoyed it. Didn't even realise how the 3 hours passed by, a good sign. 

Because you slept for 3 hours straight and woke up after movie ended.😆

Edited by catsu - 1 years ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

Glad to see that I’m not the only who didn’t like the 1st one. I hated the 1st part and found it to be a snoozefest. The movie was a real torture! I never understood how such an utterly boring movie became a blockbuster!

I thought I was too young at that time so decided to give it another try, not to mention the pressure from my folks who dragged me along. But turns out, my first impression was right. Though this time I did enjoy the 3d and special effects. In fact it’s the first time the 3D glasses didn’t bother me at all with visuals being so seamless, stunning and spectacular. If only it was aided by better screenplay and soundtrack.

Btw is it just me or Cameroon took tons of inspiration from his own previous classics Titanic, Aliens, Abyss, Terminator etc?

I am glad though that I went because they showed the making of Mission Impossible 4 part 1, which was breathtaking and worth my entire time. Now I can’t wait for its release in July. 🤩

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

How is it doing at the box office?

I didn't like the first one. I don't trust critics on this because Cameron is admired for his preachiness. Want to see what regular audience thinks. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Contrary to the comments here, I loved the first part. The VFX was top notch for a film that came out in 09. There was this one scene, where they try to tame the animal they use as a carrier, that was soo beautifully done. I went as a kid and was mesmerized. I also liked the plot and screenplay. 

Booked my tickets and gonna watch it next week. I'll see how my opinion stands after the second part. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

Glad to see that I’m not the only who didn’t like the 1st one. I hated the 1st part and found it to be a snoozefest. The movie was a real torture! I never understood how such an utterly boring movie became a blockbuster!

That's the thing about Avatar films. If you're not into the visuals and VFX there's nothing else to grab your attention. Because the story is very basic and characters are not interesting enough. Its only the visuals which make both the films stand out. Even for Avatar 1, the VFX and 3D standards set by the film are still top class which even recent current films couldn't match. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

Movie was pretty good. Enjoyed it. Didn't even realise how the 3 hours passed by, a good sign. 

I agree with this. The pacing is really good. Even though movie is more than 3 hours long, I only looked at time once during the end, that also was partly because I had to go somewhere else. I was surprised when it was interval, as I didn't feel half the movie is already over. On the contrary, The Batman had a similar runtime and I was looking at my watch multiple times during that film.

Edited by PangaNaLe - 1 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

I agree with this. The pacing is really good. Even though movie is more than 3 hours long, I only looked at time once during the end, that also was partly because I had to go somewhere else. I was surprised when it was interval, as I didn't feel half the movie is already over. On the contrary, The Batman had a similar runtime and I was looking at my watch multiple times during that film.

Similar thoughts. Visually it was anyway mesmerizing but even story wise, I pretty much enjoyed it. It is a difficult task to portray nature in a very mystic sense without getting pretentious. On that front, the simplicity of the storyline made it easy to connect with what and how they wanted to show the characters relation and their bonding with water. Only thing was, I felt the music could have been a tad bit better. To conclude, I enjoyed this much more than the first installment without a doubt. 

As much as I liked the Batman, I have to agree that it did get a bit tedious in between but sometimes I don't mind it if the overall experience is worthwhile. 

TheekThaak thumbnail

Originally posted by: catsu

Because you slept for 3 hours straight and woke up after movie ended.😆

I do not watch korean dramas all night. I get enough of my beauty sleep which is why I do not need to doze off in a theater. ðŸ˜Ž

TheekThaak thumbnail

Originally posted by: DetachednNumb

Contrary to the comments here, I loved the first part. The VFX was top notch for a film that came out in 09. There was this one scene, where they try to tame the animal they use as a carrier, that was soo beautifully done. I went as a kid and was mesmerized. I also liked the plot and screenplay. 

Booked my tickets and gonna watch it next week. I'll see how my opinion stands after the second part. 

The forest bits in the first installment were simply gorgeous. In this one, the water is beautifully shown. And overall, this one is definitely a superior product and chances are you will like it. 

Avatar is about the theatrical experience mostly, how immersive the journey can be for you an as audience. Even if a couple of things or characters click, you can seamlessly enjoy the experience is what I think. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I saw the first one in 09 2 times 

I don’t care about the new one