Posted: 1 years ago

What films scared, terrorised, terrified you or gave you some phobia or sleepless nights as a kid? 

For me it would be Jaws. The film gave me aquaphobia so much so that I feared even random pools or ponds and avoided beaches like plague as a kid after seeing that film.

What film had that scary affect on you in real life? 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago

Originally posted by atominis

What films scared, terrorised, terrified you or gave you some phobia or sleepless nights as a kid? 

For me it would be Jaws. The film gave me hydrophobia so much so that I feared even random pools or ponds and avoided beaches like plague as a kid after seeing that film.

What film had that scary affect on you in real life? 

Heard that was common back then, many kids who haven't even heard of shark or shark attacks stoped going in the ocean after watching the movie

It also ruined their reputation, people started to randomly kill sharks fearing  them as demons

Yes Jaws does mention sharks as some demon who only lives to kill and devour others. 

This film was trending few years ago worldwide on Twitter due to a poll that asked people which was scariest film they saw as kids. Almost everyone had begun naming Jaws. 

I was a really lil kiddo but Aahat scared the bejejus out of me. I know it's not a movie but that was the most scarring thing I watched as a kid. 

Horror movies or scary things never really fazed me. I am terrified of insects though. And till today, I am more terrified of human interaction than the zombie apocalypse. 

I agree on that. Human interaction makes me nervous too. 

I watched Mars Attacks as a kid and was absolutely terrified of those freaky aliens - would rush from the bed to the washroom at night fully expecting those shape shifting b*stards to jump at me from the dark 

Apparently it was a comedy movie 

Dushman. Ashutosh Rana still terrorizes me so much that I can’t trust him even when we plays a good guy.

I got terrorised by "purani haweli" 

Bhoot entering in new born baby body was scary

I didn't watch any terrifying movie as a kid - the adults surrounding me watched over that 😉

Jaws I watched when I already knew a lot about filmmaking (and I'd read the book before watching the movie)...and enough about sharks to not get terrified.

If I remember right, the first movie that gave me some fright was an Ira Levin novel adaptation (The Stepford Wives), the 1975 movie (during a Sci-Fi-filmweek in our local theatre).