To Ravi or Not to be

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

I already liked Monday's episode better than last week. I don't think the proposal was ott insomuch as Ravi as a person hasn't been hit by life yet. All he probably wants is to marry his bff on whom he can shower all his love, be a kind, happy bloke, to tour the world, have kids a decade later, and go on yearly vacations to goa. He has a lot of romance in him due to his cushioned life yet. As for Pratiksha, her character is not well-fledged at all, and doesn't cushion Kritika's inexperience. I so wish the writing around Pratiksha was a bit crisper and not as situational. Her trauma needs to be explored. They are currently wasting a lot of time in filling up the show with a lot of side characters. However, I think the dynamic they want to bring out is Pratiksha, like many women, doesn't indulge in fantasies. When she's with Ravi, though, he brings out, unintentionally, the whimsical side of her. Keerti, on the other hand, loves Ravi but mostly platonically(?). It'd be great if they show a healthy dynamic between these three characters

The problem is with the execution; it's too cluttered, too many characters having different narratives. They are stressing a dharampatni-marriage-is-life-narrative with the side characters while the main characters have typical rom-com narratives going on. I think the show will be a lot better with a bit of narrowed focus. It feels as if you're in 2010s serial in a Hugh Grant rom com at the same time.

I think Ravi as a character gives FK something to work with. Ravi seems like a very rom-com male lead. As far as itv goes, people do not get to explore these things as actors. Ravi is genuinely funny as well as flambouyantly romantic. I thoroughly laughed my ass off yesterday. FK is lucky to have another meaty role so soon tbh. One who is very much like Aru yet 180 of ASR.

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Param-Sundari thumbnail

I am yet to see. Procrastination stage on hai 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I still wonder why Fahmaan accepted this role. Every scene is like deja vu of previous EK shows. Same old ghisa pita. I so wish Fahmaan had picked something different. Bechara. 

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I still wonder why Fahmaan accepted this role. Every scene is like deja vu of previous EK shows. Same old ghisa pita. I so wish Fahmaan had picked something different. Bechara. 

I can finally see why, though. Itv has types. It doesn't offer different characters but 'types'

Ravi has layers; he is a character and is 180 of ASR. Wish it was made on Sony though. He'd nail a true-blue rom-com.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Deltablues

I can finally see why, though. Itv has types. It doesn't offer different characters but 'types'

Ravi has layers; he is a character and is 180 of ASR. Wish it was made on Sony though. He'd nail a true-blue rom-com.

I understand what you mean, but ML roles in EK shows usually go downhill pretty soon with no way to recover. 

Khushidum thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Is anyone else struggling to enjoy FK in this role? I’ve only seen a few snippets of him in the show - the story so far does not appeal to me at all.

Even the FK seems bland - am I being unfair?

I need a new show to watch 

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Same here - the show lacks a lot of things. Only reason to watch would be FK. Also I am scared to start an ekta show. Her storylines go south soon and ML gets butchered.  

Do some shows start badly and pick up speed later? 

I dont want to spoil the mental image I have of fk. 

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Param-Sundari

I am yet to see. Procrastination stage on hai 

same - scared to start and be disappointed and stuck at the same time.

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I understand what you mean, but ML roles in EK shows usually go downhill pretty soon with no way to recover. 

🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Khushidum thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The only other show I watched long term was GHKPM on Star Plus started really well and then became a stress.  I want to de-stress from life not get   more wound up.

Loved Imlie from 310 and then stopped watching after Malini’s re-entry.

Can’t bear BB but 😍Sumbul who I think is a fantastic artist and has a sweet humble personality.  Adore FK and loved him as ASR again I think he is a brilliant artist and a very genuine guy.  Whilst reading comments about this show I’m not enjoying the character or story.  

I’ve never watched any other shows.