Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Through panedmic movie-going has changed a lot...I guess, it's also because of economic issues and high ticket prices and has less to do with movie-quality and interest in watching them.

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Same..it is scary but if the trailer clicks there is hope..we have had Unchai..which falls in same genre but earned a decent 30 plus crores

There was a time these movies like thappad, chapaak, panga etc would all flop but at least they would open in 3-4cr and flop at 28-30cr..now audiences are just not showing up..they are struggling to even make 3cr let alone 30..lacs is what they are opening with and earning over weekend..milli..double XL..now salaam venky..insane rejection..even C grade movies were earning better than these pre-pandemic

Exactly !! Even eela opened at 1.5 -2 crs 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Its so hard to understand where this industry is going now. With COVID-19 + Nepotism + bad scripts have ruined it for everyone, to the point where good films like this are also not clicking....

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i dont understand why kajol and rani pick such boring subjects and invest all this time effort and money on that. they should prefer more commercial movies

Clochette thumbnail

snatch, not "boring" for me...in the contrary...I like the fact that Hindi Cinema also has the guts to deal with subject out of the purely entertainment box....and that popular actresses like Kajol, Rani and Deepika dare to helm those movies (regardless the financial outcome).

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This was an strictly OTT movie....this movie appears to get positive reviews overall almost everywhere but ppl have really stopped going to theatre for movies like this.... though the treatment looks upbeat it still is a very emotional movie.

Wish they had somehow made a deal with any platform because a lot of ppl would've actually watched this movie on OTT.

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

why is Bollywood making these afterschool special topics and lifetime movies type movies. stop wasting money and make the old fashioned blockbusters, multistarrers, family comedy, love story

I wish no entry sequel would have gotten made, so much teasing on their part, and get a good comedy movie blockbuster back

I sure hope Pathan is a good movie

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

snatch, not "boring" for me...in the contrary...I like the fact that Hindi Cinema also has the guts to deal with subject out of the purely entertainment box....and that popular actresses like Kajol, Rani and Deepika dare to helm those movies (regardless the financial outcome).

i like different films ., for that matter experimental films. wasseypur, dev d , johnny gaddar, talvar, piku, october, water, earth, andha dhun, badlapur .. i love all these films because they are entertaining. either do such movies which are also entertaining or pick glamorous commercial movies which are also fun. 

to each their own.

Clochette thumbnail

snatch, I did not mean "experimental" movies (you're right about the movies you posted), but movies with a subject like Hitchki, Salaam Venky and Chhapaak (to name these three as example).

And I wrote "entertainment box" which hasn't the same meaning as movies that entertain. (I think you get what I want to say.)

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: snatch

i dont understand why kajol and rani pick such boring subjects and invest all this time effort and money on that. they should prefer more commercial movies

rani actually was clicking with these..mardani series and hichki were all successful..she actually bombed when she attempted something commercial..BB2..

Kajol is becoming another madhuri..nothing is clicking and all movies are flopping..I can only hope she doesn't resort to dhamaal series..she is way talented for that stuff..but yep movies earning this low can be rough when you have put in an earnest performance..