Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: SwatchColor

In Main Hoon Aparajita the lady (Aparajita) is left alone with her three daughters after her husband (Akshay) falls in love with another women (Mohini). 15 years later he comes back and his wife kicks Aparajita and the children out of their house to claim her rights on being Akshay’s wife. Chhavi’s been traumatized and on her birthday she would always call Akshay to come and visit but he wouldn’t and she would get panic attacks.Honestly out of all the daughters (eldest to youngest/ Chhavi, Disha, and Aasha) Disha has been the ONLY one to stand with her mother (Aparajita) even though she has developed anger issues because her father (Akshay) left Aparajita and has become cold towards him. Aasha, being the youngest, hasn’t even had a proper conversation with her father b/c he left Aparajita when she was pregnant with Aasha. Hopes this clears some things.

adding on to these;

chhavi has a cut-throat father complex, more ubiquitously known as "daddy issues". Her father abandoned her and she seeks love, validation, security and comfort from her partner. veer provides all these but in a very toxic and abusive manner (unhealthy possessive, isolating her from the people around, manipulation etc.). although she doesn't realise it, she chooses to see all of his red flags as a sign of affection and love. she places him on a pedestal and idealises whatever he does. her attachment pattern is an anxious one.

Asha is only 16 and has her own fair share of issues although they aren't as overt. She seems generally stable mentally and emotionally. granted, she hasn't ever seen her father or had an actual conversation with him but she has a pretty doting mother and sisters who love and adore her. I am confused as to why they keep mentioning that she is a mini version of Disha. I personally don't see the similarities. 

Disha is the complete opposite of chhavi. her attachment pattern is avoidant. in the early episodes, she expresses her disinterest in finding a romantic relationship and distrust of love itself. the only person she has actually let in is her mother. Of the sisters, she seems to be the most responsible and headstrong. it could be the result of always needing to be there for her mother and sisters. I personally see her as the protector. her anger issues are understandable and expected even. it makes sense for her to be the last one to crack and call Akshay "papa" and that too under pressure.  

San_MyHusband thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rinki_99

Nia is the same age as Disha. I think it was mentioned once that Disha is around twenty and five when akshay left. if he left them 15 years ago, he already had Nia for five years before he left aprajita. so yes, he did cheat. 

while I think the writers forgot that Nia is supposed to be older than Asha (sad honestly. it could have been a good plot point) and that the latter is unaware of this, there is at least 3 to 4 years of an age difference there.

in the latest episode, chhavi's age is confirmed to 23. akshay met Mohini 20 years ago when chhavi is 3 and before Disha is born. so yes, whichever timeline you chose to follow, he did cheat on aprajita. 

in the flashbacks, Akshay mentions having another family that he is going back to. he could have been referring to Mohini and Nia.

Hope this helps!

on a side note, he said that he had 5 kids when they were held, hostage. I am still confused about that so if anyone has an explanation, id love to hear it!

That makes sense..since I was a bit confused as I didn't watched the show from the beginning, this is very helpful 😃

San_MyHusband thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rinki_99

adding on to these;

chhavi has a cut-throat father complex, more ubiquitously known as "daddy issues". Her father abandoned her and she seeks love, validation, security and comfort from her partner. veer provides all these but in a very toxic and abusive manner (unhealthy possessive, isolating her from the people around, manipulation etc.). although she doesn't realise it, she chooses to see all of his red flags as a sign of affection and love. she places him on a pedestal and idealises whatever he does. her attachment pattern is an anxious one.

Asha is only 16 and has her own fair share of issues although they aren't as overt. She seems generally stable mentally and emotionally. granted, she hasn't ever seen her father or had an actual conversation with him but she has a pretty doting mother and sisters who love and adore her. I am confused as to why they keep mentioning that she is a mini version of Disha. I personally don't see the similarities. 

Disha is the complete opposite of chhavi. her attachment pattern is avoidant. in the early episodes, she expresses her disinterest in finding a romantic relationship and distrust of love itself. the only person she has actually let in is her mother. Of the sisters, she seems to be the most responsible and headstrong. it could be the result of always needing to be there for her mother and sisters. I personally see her as the protector. her anger issues are understandable and expected even. it makes sense for her to be the last one to crack and call Akshay "papa" and that too under pressure.  

About Chhavi this is very true. Although I get very annoyed and angry due to her extreme naive nature and stupidity, I understand her plight. She lacked fatherly love during her childhood and now she seeks it from Veer. I truly hope that she will find out the true face of Veer and abandon him quickly 🤔

That worried face Asha makes everyday annoys the hell out of me 😆 like she is suffering from constipation or something.

Anddd Disha is my favourite character in the whole show. The way she understands everything and do everything rationally makes me love her more and more. It's true that out of all the siblings, she is the smartest one. Her hate for Akshay is justified. If I was in her place, I would do the same 😛

rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: i_roseanne

About Chhavi this is very true. Although I get very annoyed and angry due to her extreme naive nature and stupidity, I understand her plight. She lacked fatherly love during her childhood and now she seeks it from Veer. I truly hope that she will find out the true face of Veer and abandon him quickly 🤔

agreed. i have to constantly remind myself about why she is the way she is. i just hope veer is exposed soon.

That worried face Asha makes everyday annoys the hell out of me 😆 like she is suffering from constipation or something.

🤡never actually saw it that way 😆

Anddd Disha is my favourite character in the whole show. The way she understands everything and do everything rationally makes me love her more and more. It's true that out of all the siblings, she is the smartest one. Her hate for Akshay is justified. If I was in her place, I would do the same 😛

omg yes. Disha for the win! weirdly enough I think she somehow grew the most after Akshay came back into her life. from impulsive and brash, she became this calm and level-headed person that deals with all the other siyappe that people around her keep making. I think this really shined through during the protest set of episodes. the way she handled Asha and Nia (keeping her personal rivalry aside) was commendable given the situation they were in. 

replies in bold!