Why was Anupama mocking Aamir so badly in her LSC review?

Posted: 1 years ago

Anupama Chopra’s review:

In Laal Singh Chaddha, it’s perhaps no coincidence that the Gump-like character is played by Aamir. But, film critic Anupama Chopra thinks the character Laal is very much similar to Aamir’s previous film PK.

“Forrest Gump, a boy from Alabama becomes Laal, a Sikh boy from Karoli Pathankot in the Hindi version. The young Laal played by Ahmad Ibn Umar is terrific. The boy translates Laal’s incomprehension of the world in a sort of sweet serenity.”

“But somehow this young boy who has stillness ingrained in his gaze grows up into a man who is essential ‘PK’ with physical ticks. Rajkumar Hirani’s PK and Laal Singh’s brother from another mother.💀 Both have a child-like innocence that puts the cruel world they have to inhabit into perspective. Both offer the wisdom of a fool.”

“Aamir chooses to underline Laal’s uniqueness by rolling his eyes, craning his neck, and blinking too much. The actor does it with absolute sincerity but we can see the strain. Aamir delivers an awkward and artificial performance and it becomes a stumbling block 😮,” reviewed Anupama.

https://youtu.be/sq3L7dgYqS0?t=166

Edited by ruby_red - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Beating a dead horse coz it won't kick back.

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

these ppl follow success, they have no independent opinion,  emperors new clothes

pk, even thugs had similar acting but it was praised to skies, i bet if pk was released today it will face similar criticism 

this lady is always bringing up kabir singh and arjun reddy, what about all the white washing in sanju, atleast arjun was a fictional character

till yesterday kgf, bb type movies were meaningless masala, cringe now that rrr is praised by west it is art of masala filmaking 

which is why the common audience has long stopped taking these critics seriously

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Beating a dead horse coz it won't kick back.

are you implying that aamir is a meek character?

Originally posted by: ruby_red

are you implying that aamir is a meek character?

No but he was attacked from all sides during LSC kis kis se ladta ek saath.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

She is the kind of reviewer who has a thesaurus open at all times to be taken seriously. Not interested in Aamir, just this woman majorly gets on my nerves. Till date she has had no coherent review of any movie based on her own opinion. She'd much rather follow trends and industry talk to praise whatever crap is at the high selling point. She lacks authenticity. I also wonder where she bought that horrible accent? Another attempt to sound like someone who needs to be taken seriously. 😆

No but he was attacked from all sides during LSC kis kis se ladta ek saath.

ok I have noticed that aamir barely responds to negativity unless it really gets to him

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Aamir gave her too much of a lift 

Originally posted by: ruby_red

ok I have noticed that aamir barely responds to negativity unless it really gets to him

My point is she would not have been so harsh on him if wasn't already down. Her husband's PH has worked closely with Aamir and they have good relations.

My point is she would not have been so harsh on him if wasn't already down. Her husband's PH has worked closely with Aamir and they have good relations.

True but hey, this is anupama chopra we are talking about! this woman is not only pretentious AF but she is also infamous for being biased towards her faves