The negativity for Hindi cinema is real ???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

South cinema hype is real right now.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I thought Ram Setu would appease the BJP/Hindutva crowd. ðŸ˜•

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Anyways I think the box office shows there is something about Bollywood that is putting off the audience. I myself am losing interest. And mostly come on this forum for some light-hearted poking fun. I say it is nepotism. If it just was the BJP it cell the box office would not look the way it does. 

No matter how many plastic surgeries nepo beties get done. Perfect faces like Aish were always outsiders. 

No matter how many acting classes from top acting school take. Extraordinary talents like Vidya (and even though I hate to say it Kangana) were outsiders. 

They do talent hunts on tv for singers. Why not actors and actresses? Bollywood really does need someone with super star material. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Because Bollywood stars are over exposed. 

Akshay is the most over exposed actor of last 3 decades. People are fed up of his overdose.

Ram Setu gets half the bashing due to Akshay.

Also it looks stale and jaded.

South stars are new or novel for viewers and the visual quality of their films is far better IMO in recent times.

Can you compare Ram Setu to Kantara and PS1?

Akshay looks like a vagabond in Ram Setu.

The film will also be bashed by liberals and anti Sanghi crowd for pushing Hindutva agenda. While Hindutva crowd will find other reasons to bash film. 

Bollywood has had saturation of old stars and new ones are no better. Most nepo kids look plastic. Acting and filmmaking style of Bollywood is also same. They have not changed or updated self. 

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

It is not about south vs North.

It is about content. People gave Ram Setu a chance, it opened to decent numbers in spite of very less promotions.

The first half is good while second half falls completely flat. The concept is good but if the makers had concentrated in the 2nd half it would have been a big hit.

Karthikeya 2 did well as there was a sense of mystery and thriller till the end. The concept of historical/mythological mystery thriller will do well of it is made well.

TitForTat thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Its all about content. People will watch Bollywood if they provide better content. Otherwise these days they have many other options to watch. Those days are gone people used to go to theatre because of superstars.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Right now the audience are against Bollywood. The only films which are even half-way successful are those promoting our ancient culture, our ancient traditions and our soldiers and our athletes. Even those don't necessarily guarantee success. A lot of things need to be changed in Bollywood. Throw out the remakes, get rid of T-series dominion on music industry with its stable of mediocre talent and bots, etc.But none of this is going to help if your core audience hates you.

It doesn't matter if a new actor comes from within the industry or outside. They need 5-6 films to learn the ropes. Earlier it could be achieved in one year because the newbies weren't so selective. Now no one has the patience to wait 3-4 years for them to learn the craft.

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Anyways I think the box office shows there is something about Bollywood that is putting off the audience. I myself am losing interest. And mostly come on this forum for some light-hearted poking fun. I say it is nepotism. If it just was the BJP it cell the box office would not look the way it does. 

No matter how many plastic surgeries nepo beties get done. Perfect faces like Aish were always outsiders. 

No matter how many acting classes from top acting school take. Extraordinary talents like Vidya (and even though I hate to say it Kangana) were outsiders. 

They do talent hunts on tv for singers. Why not actors and actresses? Bollywood really does need someone with super star material. 

@bold: completely agree with this, Bollywood has really irked people for the last couple of years and until and unless it really puts out something extraordinary or entertaining with the theatre experience. They have half assed movies for quite some time now and SSR's demise has very badly affected the already creaking foundation of BW. People have almost become averse to any of it's products.

Edited by SrikantTiwari - 1 years ago
angel_demon thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

What bashing? It’s the second-biggest opener of the year.