Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Grumpy....there is one suggestion....If your PM box can be full to its limit....no one will be able to PM you ....if someone needs to send something important in a PM....just delete one PM and let them send their PM....I remember some years ago in a forum someone used to do that and no one could send her anything...

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: vijay

We will work on it.

However buddies and DT members PM will still pass through.

Yes please do...we had requested this some 10 years back that no newbie should be able to send a PM....

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Grumpy....there is one suggestion....If your PM box can be full to its limit....no one will be able to PM you ....if someone needs to send something important in a PM....just delete one PM and let them send their PM....I remember some years ago in a forum someone used to do that and no one could send her anything...

I think in grumpy ji’s case they posted on her testimonial and it wasn’t a pm based on the screen shot she posted ( I might be wrong but that is what the case seems to be) either way it’s a violation to one’s space and peace of mind !! But as you mentioned in your above post should be looked into regarding what rights newbies have !!

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I have never wished any human being actual harm until now. But I really wish this POS called FOD aka Natasha a horrible life of pain and suffering and a miserable d**th. I regret the time I was friends with her; never knew then she could be so vicious.

I don't wish anyone harm. I just hope this person knows if it was a teenager or someone already going through personal problems or issues in my place then cyberbullying has consequences. I didn't take anything to heart. But if it was a more impressionable person and something happened to them then she could face serious consequences. 

And if this is going on since 2007 then this person has issues that need to be addressed. They say time heals everything. She has had time. Has she tried to deal with what is triggering her so much over different opinions? She should address this with some counseling or someone else. 

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

We will work on it.

However buddies and DT members PM will still pass through.

That should be fine I guess. People only add others as buddies who they trust or have known for a while. If someone breaks their trust, AFTER becoming buddy, they can always remove them as buddy or block them. That would be a one time thing and they can always report them to the DT who will then take appropriate action.

Moreover, it's a choice which should be given just like in case of testimonials and tags it has been given. Using it or not using it is upon the user.

Edited by NatkhatPyare - 1 years ago
NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

I think in grumpy ji’s case they posted on her testimonial and it wasn’t a pm based on the screen shot she posted ( I might be wrong but that is what the case seems to be) either way it’s a violation to one’s space and peace of mind !! But as you mentioned in your above post should be looked into regarding what rights newbies have !!

She had received abusive pms too in the recent past, if I'm not wrong.

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I don't wish anyone harm. I just hope this person knows if it was a teenager or someone already going through personal problems or issues in my place then cyberbullying has consequences. I didn't take anything to heart. But if it was a more impressionable person and something happened to them then she could face serious consequences. 

And if this is going on since 2007 then this person has issues that need to be addressed. They say time heals everything. She has had time. Has she tried to deal with what is triggering her so much over different opinions? She should address this with some counseling or someone else. 

I was thinking the same it’s been 10 years and the person acting like they still some kid !! Let’s take for example she was a minor 10 or 15 years ago by now she must be in 20s or 30s then again ecrn some adults who don’t ever grow up or cyberbullys have strong vile opinions because they themselves are insecure and lash their mental instability out on others which is scary and as you said vulnerable individuals or those who have poor self image could take this persons opinions seriously 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: wat_up

I was thinking the same it’s been 10 years and the person acting like they still some kid !! Let’s take for example she was a minor 10 or 15 years ago by now she must be in 20s or 30s then again ecrn some adults who don’t ever grow up or cyberbullys have strong vile opinions because they themselves are insecure and lash their mental instability out on others which is scary and as you said vulnerable individuals or those who have poor self image could take this persons opinions seriously 

Exactly my concern and reason behind an open discussion! 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Unfortunately, cyberbullying is an ugly truth in many public forums. Even if moderators diligently block IPs and IDs there are ways to circumvent them. As people have suggested, there are ways to add some privacy and blocking in your profile settings to prevent harassing messages. 

I also don't know where you reside, but in many parts of the world, you can report cyberbullying to authorities. They may not do much if you're an adult and there is no actual imminent rape or death threat or self-harm risk. But if anyone below 18 gets a message like that, COPPA forces US authorities to take that shit seriously. 

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

It was like this for years. My old ID is gone because I fought with one of these trolls and at that time warning levels were given out left, right, & center. The TV serial forums got even uglier than this believe it or not. I remember forums like DMG, IPKKND, Qubool Hai, Geet, etc. got so ugly. People were sending threats and were extremely abusive. There were also more active members at that time. It got ugly to the point where these trolls stopped DMing people and directly making public posts on the forum attacking members. MODs just ended up banning everyone who commented on any of those posts (good or bad). Even Vijay, who is the site owner got involved. Just ignore it. Delete the message as soon as you get it. Don't open it or give them the time of your day. This was all years ago.  At our big age, I think we've come to the point where we are all too old for this shit but some people clearly haven't developed into functioning adults.

Edited by Cookies.. - 1 years ago