They are remaking Malayali classic The Great Indian Kitchen 💀💀💀 - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

I have been waiting to watch 'The Great Indian Kitchen' for so long. Unfortunately, it is not streaming on any of the channels I subscribe. I can't find it in the Google play store or Vudu store.  

Originally posted by Rocky.Bhai

these malyali movies making movies just to degrade hindu culture... 

this movie shows how that woman is suffocating because of the superstitious belifs of hindus especially for lord ayyappa 

Directed by Jeo Baby

Written by Jeo Baby  a Christian, 

Interesting take. 

Every person who recommended the movie to me has been a Hindu woman. Some are deeply religious. I don't think it's about religion as it is about patriarchy. And some men tend to pass the blame as "cancel culture" or "religious discrimination" or some sort of bias than accept accountability. 

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I have been waiting to watch 'The Great Indian Kitchen' for so long. Unfortunately, it is not streaming on any of the channels I subscribe. I can't find it in the Google play store or Vudu store.  

Amazon Prime

Originally posted by you2

I couldn't relate to the film.There may be families like that..I have not heard of one such in this generation. Maybe 5 percent case in Kerala where girls are educated, and working brides are preferred.I don't know how it will be received in Hindi

Even Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo CEO, has said she's taken as the one solely responsible for the household.

You are very fortunate if you've never seen this in your social circle. 

Originally posted by you2

I couldn't relate to the film.There may be families like that..I have not heard of one such in this generation. Maybe 5 percent case in Kerala where girls are educated, and working brides are preferred.I don't know how it will be received in Hindi

In kerala many of the men and their family prefers educated and working brides but that doesn't mean that their kitchen chores and other so called responsibilities of the women will be shared by the husband especially if the parents are living with them. Many of them expects superwoman who takes care of cooking, educating  the children,rearing children and husband ðŸ˜†. One of my colleague who earns more than 1 lakh a month once shared that before she comes to office she is expected to prepare breakfast,lunch , evening tea ,snacks and she have to keep it in separate box for her husband who is working from home.After the office she is expected to wash all these plates, help children in studies ,clean the house and takes care of the in laws. He and his mother is against hiring a house help. 

I understand that those who live in city will find it hard to relate to the plights of the female character but you will find many such women in villages and small towns.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Interesting take. 

Every person who recommended the movie to me has been a Hindu woman. Some are deeply religious. I don't think it's about religion as it is about patriarchy. And some men tend to pass the blame as "cancel culture" or "religious discrimination" or some sort of bias than accept accountability. 

Religion is the last refuge of the scoundrel. 

Wish you could watch Jeo Baby's interviews, but he doesn't speak English. The man's an atheist if anything. 

Then the director could have shown the characters Christians or Muslims.. why Hindu ? 

Whatever they were doing with woman in the movie was really bad... I am not justifying.. but the director was trying to portray that only hindu familes are these and Hindu men treats their women like shit...  

I paid to watch in that small OTT. Guessing it's no.longer there.