Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Totally that one speech is enough to show how pervy n regressive hirani is. 

Even in munnabhai mbbs Munna tells Asthana that ladki haath se nikal gayi mamu just because chinki sets up her friend to take her place and meet Munna at a club. 

also in that white washed propegenda Sanju that score of 369 girls, including prostitutes makes women as some objects, and that disgusting word GHAPPA GHAPP (which sadly became really popular) 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Sajid Khan - crass crude comedy, creepy lechy abusive dude

Luv Ranjan - always paints women as conniving manipulators

Sandeep Reddy Vanga - has the most warped notion of consensual loving relationships

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

How I wish people knew that mocking feminism does not earn you brownie points and it is part of the reason why we need it more than ever. Ahh but I don’t have energy to write an essay here .

OT : I always wondered as a kid why my family and community loved sooraj B movies so much ( because my family’s obsession even I grew up watching movies like HSSH). Now as an adult woman I fully understand why, his movies conveniently portrays family where ladies are supposed to be in kitchen while having their MBA/MBBS degree in pocket while their life revolves around worshipping husbands and their in laws. And with all this hoopla they are shown to be happy and this is exactly what my family expects from women in our society. Not arguing women living lives like this are not happy, maybe some enjoy such lifestyle but not all. The thought that women might be just as flawed (like having habits like smoking, drinking or even sweating) as man is just appalling to a large section in people in today’s time cause god forbid women are not sati savtri while men are normalised to be flawed and human .

Look at me still managed to  write a 20 marks answer 🥱

Edited by LilBitOfAlexis - 1 years ago
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Also from personal experience also a lot of rich families just like to have facade of being not regressive. They will have their daughters/ DIL educated but wont allow them to work so they can have housewives but also get bragging rights about them being educated. And to get brownie points they will allow them to work 2-3 hours or just have them in office so that they can get the tag of being progressive. Sad thing is they think they are doing a favour to women by doing such tactics. It is very easy to downplay these problems faced by women by oversimplifying them and putting the blame of new gen , just because they refuse to be a part of oppressed society but the thing is women have to fight to have even bare minimum in life .

Edited by LilBitOfAlexis - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: atominis

So woman is good only if she wants to get married and has no aim in life? Otherwise she is 'not good'?

What is ideal in women being in kitchen and men being babied and molly cuddled at home? Or men following only family  business and not doing any profession of their own outside dad's wings or always living under shadow of older brother? Are only joint families good and nuclear ones are bad? 

@bold — where did I say that?

Women that want to get married is good. And women that don’t want to get married is good. 

Men doing family business is good and doing something on his own is also good. 

I prefer joint families so I don’t see a big issue about joint families. (Doesn’t mean you have to stay under same roof. Bonding matters.)

Nuclear ones are good too if that works for people.
In my personal experience, after kids leave the nest, nuclear family parents are left alone to take care of themselves and it gets difficult in times of medical emergencies. (At large that’s what has happened around me. Not passing this as a rule. So no need to jump the guns.) 

Suraj focuses on one type of scenarios. Why does that make you mad? There are different types of people with different preferences. Portraying joint families is nothing wrong. Don’t like it don’t watch it. 

Portraying female covered in Saree and salwar kameez is nothing wrong. If you prefer modern clothes, he has Kareena in mkpdh, you can watch that. 

Your definition of modern women and modern family is not the only valid progressive one.
In real life, there’s a female sarpanch in one of the Rajasthan’s village and she always wears cotton sarees. Probably stays in joint family. Is she not progressive? 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

So Kjo is the most progressive?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

How ? In K3G rahul decides when a girls dad dies he has to marry her. Thats another form of patriarchy 

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Not at all. In KKHH he showed Anjali leaving her studies midway only because her best friend doesn't love her. Did she join the college to study hard and get a degree or find a guy and get married? 🤣 Dropping out of college was so silly and unnecessary. I don't need to write about the second half of the movie and Anjali's makeover because its been already discussed so many times.

In k3g a rich guy flirts with a middle class gal but then decides not to marry her because his dad wants him to marry someone else but when the girl's father dies he decides to marry her as if the girl and her sister would have died alone. 😅 They could have still lived by doing their father's business. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

@bold — where did I say that?

Women that want to get married is good. And women that don’t want to get married is good. 

Men doing family business is good and doing something on his own is also good. 

I prefer joint families so I don’t see a big issue about joint families. (Doesn’t mean you have to stay under same roof. Bonding matters.)

Nuclear ones are good too if that works for people.
In my personal experience, after kids leave the nest, nuclear family parents are left alone to take care of themselves and it gets difficult in times of medical emergencies. (At large that’s what has happened around me. Not passing this as a rule. So no need to jump the guns.) 

Suraj focuses on one type of scenarios. Why does that make you mad? There are different types of people with different preferences. Portraying joint families is nothing wrong. Don’t like it don’t watch it. 

Portraying female covered in Saree and salwar kameez is nothing wrong. If you prefer modern clothes, he has Kareena in mkpdh, you can watch that. 

Your definition of modern women and modern family is not the only valid progressive one.
In real life, there’s a female sarpanch in one of the Rajasthan’s village and she always wears cotton sarees. Probably stays in joint family. Is she not progressive? 

See, Barjatya actively portrays independent women as bad. His villains are always in western clothes, working type. 

His leads are constantly touting obedience as the ultimate virtue. I mean seriously? You have the hots for the younger bro and marry the older one because family? And afterward? The hots will disappear? Even if you don't do anything about it, that's a terrible situation to trap a completely innocent man in. I would've loved it if Mohnish told the love birds off before sending them off to get married. 

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LilBitOfAlexis

Also from personal experience also a lot of rich families just like to have facade of being not regressive. They will have their daughters/ DIL educated but wont allow them to work so they can have housewives but also get bragging rights about them being educated. And to get brownie points they will allow them to work 2-3 hours or just have them in office so that they can get the tag of being progressive. Sad thing is they think they are doing a favour to women by doing such tactics. It is very easy to downplay these problems faced by women by oversimplifying them and putting the blame of new gen , just because they refuse to be a part of oppressed society but the thing is women have to fight to have even bare minimum in life .

i think you are talking about a tiny sliver there. Women in rich households usually don't work because the tradeoffs are likely not worth it. If the guy is already earning zillions, she probably finds it more beneficial perhaps doing other things- charity, focusing her time raising her kids. Also, staying at home raising kids does not mean one's education is wasted. The marginal utility of making money when you are rich is low... Also, a woman being educated is important in raising kids, though correlation might not be 100%. I can also give personal anecdotes supporting these points, but hopefully they wont be necessary.

in fact, it's the middle class for whom the things you mentioned apply. Girls routinely quit high paying private sector jobs to get into low paying government jobs just because these are looked upon more favorably by prospective grooms in that economic strata.

so imo rich families get a bad rep that's often undeserved.

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 1 years ago