Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

I am hopeless, with no good taste in music.  Based on gushing comments from judges and guests today, I come to that conclusion.  

Because I only found Rishi and Chirag to be above average, with the others being pedestrian.  Decidedly so.

And Bidipta seems to be plagued with the same problem as Aryananda - lack of projection.

Also, the Chirag - Kavya story was way over the top, and I do believe a line has been crossed that shouldn't have been.

About tomorrow's promo - Satyam Shivam Sundaram.  I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out as flat as it sounded in the promo!

Edited by PV_IFhandle - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Dream Debut 1st Oct

Pritam - sawariya - decent. Got MBD

Bidipta - Hero ; v average.  Like  PV_IFhandle , even I thought she is another Aryananda.  Feeble voice, flat rendition,lacking projection & throw.  Didnt connect at all. No MBD ( thankfully) , but gets a film offer by Subhash Ghai. 

Shivam - Sreevalli. Good. The variations in the end were done well.

Rishi :- That was an amazing rendition of Kaise Huwa.  He brought in something of himself in that song.  MBD well-deserved.šŸ‘

Vineet :- He still has the tonal quality to touch your heart.  Tum jo mil Gaye ho couldā€™ve been better going by his own stds. MBD given

chirag :- not heard this song before, but he surpassed my expectations. He may well be the Nihal of idol 13.

sanchari :- Sorry to say this, but it was insufferable.  I squirmed through her performance. She ruined Dum Maro Dum for me esp the mukhda. 

Asidesā€¦.

* Still figuring out which was worse - the chirag/kavya story or the constantly giggling Neha egging them to divulge. Picture abhi baki hai guysā€¦. Brace yourselves for baar baar dhulai of this kahani šŸ˜³

* Did Rashmita have a horrified expression (, like mešŸ˜©) when sanchari started??? šŸ¤”

* The promos for tomorrow  donā€™t look very appealing, even Satya Shivam by Sonakshi - but all will go gaga over it.

* It is definitely a Dream debut for the contestants given the grand set & the guests.  

* Missed seeing Idol 12 finalists - wished they were also called as guests. 

* And finallyā€¦. It is back to MBD! Hadnā€™t they coined something else instead? šŸ¤”

Edited by anoushka_113 - 1 years ago
altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Dream Debut 1st Oct

Pritam - sawariya - decent. Got MBD

Bidipta - Hero ; v average.  Like  PV_IFhandle , even I thought she is another Aryananda.  Feeble voice, flat rendition,lacking projection & throw.  Didnt connect at all. No MBD ( thankfully) , but gets a film offer by Subhash Ghai. 

Shivam - Sreevalli. Good. The variations in the end were done well.

Rishi :- That was an amazing rendition of Kaise Huwa.  He brought in something of himself in that song.  MBD well-deserved.šŸ‘

Vineet :- He still has the tonal quality to touch your heart.  Tum jo mil Gaye ho couldā€™ve been better going by his own stds. MBD given

chirag :- not heard this song before, but he surpassed my expectations. He may well be the Nihal of idol 13.

sanchari :- Sorry to say this, but it was insufferable.  I squirmed through her performance. She ruined Dum Maro Dum for me esp the mukhda. 

Asidesā€¦.

* Still figuring out which was worse - the chirag/kavya story or the constantly giggling Neha egging them to divulge. Picture abhi baki hai guysā€¦. Brace yourselves for baar baar dhulai of this kahani šŸ˜³

* Did Rashmita have a horrified expression (, like mešŸ˜©) when sanchari started??? šŸ¤”

* The promos for tomorrow  donā€™t look very appealing, even Satya Shivam by Sonakshi - but all will go gaga over it.

* It is definitely a Dream debut for the contestants given the grand set & the guests.  

* Missed seeing Idol 12 finalists - wished they were also called as guests. 

* And finallyā€¦. It is back to MBD! Hadnā€™t they coined something else instead? šŸ¤”

Absolutely agree with all your points.

Rishi was easily the best, followed by Chirag, Pritam, Shivam & Vineet.

Bidipta's performance was strictly average as you said. Something was missing.

I am yet to enjoy Sanchari's performance. She does operatic/yodelling well but overall singing doesn't work for me.

Kavya - Chirag story will definitely be continued.

Musicians were brilliant šŸ‘

Good to see so many renowned names coming to support the contestants. Some of them were new guests like Ismail Darbar, Armaan, Jatin Pandit, Mandakini, Neeraj Shridhar, Sapna Mukherjee.

Shubhash Ghai has already promised that he will come for SG special, probably Anand Ji will toošŸ˜†

That blue room thing was new. Let's see if it's only for this week or will continue.

Tomorrow looking forward to Senjuti, Sonakshi & Deboshmita's performances.

srtor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I find only Rishi's performance worth mentioning.

Not a DREAM debut for sure. Most is below par. perhaps the anxiety/cautiousness of the first show. I do hope it will get better as show progresses.

sahilkapur18 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I am going to be strictly honest with my opinion of this season. The judges did not do a good job selecting contestants in the top 30. Many deserving contestants were cut, and many average singers were selected. That being said there will still good performances today. 

Pritam-In my opinion, he is the underdog of this competition. He has the potential to reach the finale. His rendition of that Saawariya song was absolutely superb. Did justice to Parthiv Gohil's excellent track. He is one to watch out for. 

Bidipta-Very average singing today. I missed Arunita's terrific rendition of this same song. I think Bidipta is an average singer but will likely get a lot of votes due to good singing and her image/looks. That being said, I found her singing very average today. 

Shivam-Another underrated singer. Srivalli is one of my favorite songs and he did a good job. He has variety to his singing that will likely take him far in the competition. 

Rishi-Will likely win this competition. Every one of his performances feels like a playback singer is singing. He was mindblowing today. I will be very shocked if he doesn't win the show. 

Vineet-Good singing today. I am in the camp of how he is getting more chances than he deserves. I loved his singing in 2005. I am aware he has also already had opportunities in Bollywood so to give him this chance over others is a little unfair. That being said, he did the song justice today and I always love his singing. He will likely make the finale. 

Chirag-In my opinion, he did not deserve to be selected in the top 15. His spot should have gone to either Rito or Tabish. His rendition of one of my favorite song's from Bharat was very weak. I do not think he will last very long in this competition

Sanchari-Another singer that did not deserve to be in the top 15. Her singing is insufferable. I had to plug my ears. She is this year's SMP. Unbearable singing. Murdered an absolute classic track. She will likely be the first contestant eliminated from the competition. 

Starttofinish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Dream debut - most celebrities there actually are no longer active in Bwood! Happy to see Armaan Malik there though. I Havenā€™t seen him on Indian idol before as a guest. I believe he tried bring a contestant once but was rejected. 
I believe it was SRGMP lil champs and maybe not Indian idol. 

Pritam - killed Yoon Shabnami for me. Didnā€™t like it at all. why did that get a MBD šŸ˜³

Bidipta - started off well. But not up to par. The same song was sung so well by Aru last year. This performance was no where close. But this girl can do better I feel. Interestingly Subhash Ghai only talked about her looks and  asked her to be a heroine but didnā€™t say anything about her singing. 

Shivam- just okay. No where close to Javed Aliā€™s rendition. When Javed starts singing, one can feel the difference. Not sure what that instrument is called but I loved the sound of that instrument. I still think Shivam has a potential. 

Rishi Singh-  Kaise hua - is good. But this song is stuck in my head in PDā€™s voice šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø. I donā€™t want to take away Rishiā€™s effort. He was good though but PD for this song is better. Rishiā€™s song with Armaan was very good probably better than Kaise hua! 

Vineet Singh: surprised that even after having backing from Ismail Darbar and HR, Vineet didnā€™t gain the recognition he deserved. It was humble of Ismail Darbar to play the violin. Hopefully he makes a comeback to music too. Vineetā€™s performance was very good. 
i must say Ismail Darbar looks very different now! Lost weight maybe. 

Chirag: I liked his rendition of ishke di chasni. They need to stop his love dramas. It seems too forced. He needs to stop projecting himself as a flirt that gets rejected. He needs to focus on his singing. He has a potential. 

Sanchari- šŸ˜³. Thatā€™s it! I just needed her singing to end quickly šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Hopefully Sunday is better! 

I have been critical of Vineet participating in this show but today he came across as still the best of the lot. His voice and the way he delivers a song is still very good. If he stays humble, he has a chance to be in top 5 at least.  

Overall the 2 Singhā€™s ruled Saturday show - per my opinion! 

i frankly didnā€™t like the theme - dream debut. The content team tried hard to make something better than last year and invited a whole bunch of celebrities at the same time. I would have preferred to have Rashmika as a guest separately! She come across as so much fun and had pretty much not much exposure in todays show. 

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sahilkapur18

I am going to be strictly honest with my opinion of this season. The judges did not do a good job selecting contestants in the top 30. Many deserving contestants were cut, and many average singers were selected. That being said there will still good performances today. 

Pritam-In my opinion, he is the underdog of this competition. He has the potential to reach the finale. His rendition of that Saawariya song was absolutely superb. Did justice to Parthiv Gohil's excellent track. He is one to watch out for. 

Bidipta-Very average singing today. I missed Arunita's terrific rendition of this same song. I think Bidipta is an average singer but will likely get a lot of votes due to good singing and her image/looks. That being said, I found her singing very average today. 

Shivam-Another underrated singer. Srivalli is one of my favorite songs and he did a good job. He has variety to his singing that will likely take him far in the competition. 

Rishi-Will likely win this competition. Every one of his performances feels like a playback singer is singing. He was mindblowing today. I will be very shocked if he doesn't win the show. 

Vineet-Good singing today. I am in the camp of how he is getting more chances than he deserves. I loved his singing in 2005. I am aware he has also already had opportunities in Bollywood so to give him this chance over others is a little unfair. That being said, he did the song justice today and I always love his singing. He will likely make the finale. 

Chirag-In my opinion, he did not deserve to be selected in the top 15. His spot should have gone to either Rito or Tabish. His rendition of one of my favorite song's from Bharat was very weak. I do not think he will last very long in this competition

Sanchari-Another singer that did not deserve to be in the top 15. Her singing is insufferable. I had to plug my ears. She is this year's SMP. Unbearable singing. Murdered an absolute classic track. She will likely be the first contestant eliminated from the competition. 

One place I would disagree with you is about SMP.  

SMP has this magical ability to recreate songs to suit her style (probably with a little bit of help but what we have heard is that it is largely her effort), and do everything in a way that it feels right.  She has the ability to modulate her voice, her pitch, knowing what will work when.  Contrasting with that, Sanchari's performance yesterday was a forced attempt to fitting into the songs things which didn't belong there.  The end result was cacophony.

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Ismail Darbar Playing violin was so touching

I had this feeling something is missing and now reading your comments it's like - all the male singer sound same. Same voice same everything. The a ashiq dude they are trying to make him pawandeep. There is no variety except for that opera singer voice. Compared to arunita season - we had aru Pawan smp sayli. Their any song >>>> this newbies. Hope they improve or else trp nhi ayegi despite their drama. 

Seeing people like armaan Ismail Kalyan ji yesterday it's like these three don't even deserve the seat. Especially Neha - other Two are atleast legend in their own way but Neha? Nope. 

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

I guess the makers are kind of reconciled to a season which they will have to package rather than ride on a talent train and wave from the sides as they did last year.

Already the signs of heavy packaging and an odd mix of talent is evident. This Season does not have the luxury of a "Covid-forced" TV entertainment seeking audience. If anything, the struggles faced during that period will possible make these home-bound shows much less attractive for the next year or so at least.  So I expect that heavy packaging of indifferent talent will be the hallmark of the season. Expect much drama and glitz.

Coming to the talent, Rishi Raj Singh was the pick for me. I just wish he does not make those facial contortions. Very off-putting. 
Shivam was good too but somehow he missed the spirit of the song. One would find it hard to visualize that singing with what was happening in the film clip.
Pritam and Bidipta I know well and don't hold either in great regard. Bidipta is a very harmless sort of singer, pleasant but without making you turn towards the TV screen in case you are just in the room. Pritam is back to showing off his classical skills. He can kill songs by overdoing things and his main focus is to exhibit his training/talent. He will rarely do well in songs which do not require classical training.
Sanchari is a travesty to good singing. Enough said. Why TCT has to move on a script - one Aru replacement, one SMP replacement, one Ashish replacement, one PD replacement ...... and so on is beyond me.
Vineet is a good singer who will surely last the distance. He will be capable of better as the show continues. At this stage he is almost unfair competition. But he will not win. He will be kept by HR till the end of the show. I'd like to hear him sing some duets.
Chirag has a voice which I found attractive and somehow it did not go with his demeanor. I'd like to hear more before passing judgement on him. I liked his tonal quality but not his singing.
Overall, I have narrowed my likes down to Rishi in IL13 at this time.
Let's see what tomorrow holds. The fact that they covered almost all the singers in the promo is not very heartening - but I hope some will be standout.