atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

As a viewer what do you prefer? Actors should focus on own image in eyes of public, media and fans while choosing work and anything they do or should they live and do things authentically as they want, without bothering about image?

You like actors with impeccable behaviour in public and choice of projects as per image or ones who do whatever they want and do not have carefully crafted image nor do everything based on keeping an image? 

I personally find those people boring and irritating who maintain carefully crafted image and hide real nature. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail

As long as it’s not illegal, I couldn’t care less about celebrities public image. They can do what they want or say whatever. I just won’t promise to like them if they’re an unapologetic douchebag. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

I have mixed opinion on this. I developed lot of dislike for AB after knowing truths about him. And felt like a fool for believing his carefully managed image and so called well spoken, classy demeanour he projects in public.

In contrast I find likes of Salman, Govinda, Kangana much more honest atleast. They are what they are. Atleast not sneaky or chhupa rustom. Or hypocrites.

I also sort of admired Aamir for openly divorcing wives rather than pretending to stay in perfect marriage for family man image and openly admitting his own flaws for not being there for his wife and kids when he was busier in work. Admired his honesty that is. 

I used to dislike Bebo for being too blunt earlier but now I think it is better to be frank than pretend to be diplomatic or sweet but be something else behind the scenes.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Authenticity is always preferred. 

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Few years ago I was a fan of Ranveer's unabashed self and Vijay D's slight arrogance because back then all those things were how I used to perceive a drive to achieve things, a very raw energy which I enjoyed and somewhat connected to. 

Cut to few years later, I kind of realize that it is important to regulate the quirks in your personality as per the time and event, as shrewd as it might sound, that is more sustainable and tacit. Not to lose your original self, but slightly regulate it because there are so many things to manage in a social setting, not just your energies and emotions but of others as well, that includes both older and younger folks, juniors and seniors. So that way, I prefer a bit of toned down, well thought-out picture if that is what helps you float and thrive. This is of course more applicable when you reach a certain stage because then the equations get more complex and you are not simply responsible for yourself but a lot of other significant stuff. 

All in all, it is important to find a balance of your original self and simultaneously adjusting the settings of your personality that makes easier for people around you to approach you or deal with you. Sometimes you might feel cocky and have that little desire to showoff, truly have the whole limelight on you but it is better to put on a bit of humility even if it pretence because that goes a long way, just an example. 

Regarding managing their married lives/ affairs, it is one thing I am very indifferent about, they can do as they please. 

BlackWitch thumbnail

Ki farak painda hai? Joote toh waise bhi padenge 🤔