A Few Things Worth Appreciating While Some Others...

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

They say it's better late than never. Considering our beloved show is about to end this week, I am really grateful to the makers for finally remembering that there are characters named Nutan, Rajat, and Dhruv in this show whose arcs could have been much more interesting had the creatives realized their potential instead of adding negativity through useless characters like Bhoomi, Pavitra, Nimrat or Chandni.

I'm glad that we got to see through Dhruv's eyes. He's no Neel, he's selfish but he does love his family in his own way. It's not easy to grow up in a family where your uncle overshadows your father and more than often you are ignored unintentionally because you have a specially-abled sibling. Some of his actions may have been in the wrong direction but he's not entirely wrong. Nor does he wishes badly for his siblings. And the most amazing part is, he's sensible enough to listen to others' advice and act upon his instinct.

The heart-to-heart conversation between him and his mother and the subsequent changes in his behavior is definitely worth appreciating. And I absolutely loved how we finally got some insight into Rajat's mind. These characters represent struggles different from what NeiKa have faced so far and I wish we could have seen more from them.

Which brings me back to the negative...

The makers have proved over and over again that they love Pari's character but is it really necessary to force us into accepting that she's the most innocent person in the world?

Dear makers, since the moment you started Pari's "Raju"/"Shaadi" rant, she has lost all credibility as a character. Not to mention the acknowledgment of being an absolute selfish character as we saw her changing dynamics with Kaju and Dev. Now all of a sudden, she's so in love with Dev and her stepdaughter who couldn't stand her until a few days ago is uttering rubbish such as she would choose Pari over her mother - are you guys insane!

Goodness doesn't have to be advertised. Nor does it need any gimmick. People would have accepted and loved Pari and Dev's pairing if only you had taken the time and not rushed through the most idiotic and cliched dramatic events to prove their supremacy. As if that wasn't enough, now you have to torture us with your ready-made "Ishi Maa"? Seriously?

While I'm heartbroken that NeiKa's journey is coming to an end, I most certainly am happy that this trashy story line too will be ended for we did not need such misrepresentation of specially-abled people.