Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Very disappointed that Nahid did not make the cut. She has such a powerful personality. Would have been a pleasant change in Idol.

Happy that Sonakshi and Senjuti made it, I know them from their past appearances in RShows.

Last season had too much political interference. The makers may have chosen to steer clear of potential trouble. Lots of Bengalis may be a solution - there is zilch interest in Bengal in Indian Idol, especially as it now clashes with home version of Saregamapa. 😉

As I said before, I may root for one or more of Rishi / Senjuti / Sonakshi. Maybe Sonakshi. This Debosmita is too much like Rajashri Bag (SRGMP). They both sing very well, but may not have the personality to grab mini stardom. Anyway, hope she sings well and lasts the difficult rounds. Voting can be very cruel in Idol and it is not always possible to protect individuals like in Saregamapa. I don't see Debosmita being a fan favourite.

As far as I can make out Rishi/Debosmita/Shagun/Chirag are relatively new faces this season. They may have never progressed to Grand Premiere rounds of any well known show before Idol. IL12 had Ashish and Sawai in that category. (I am subject to correction in this para 😃)

Edited by Realityshow - 1 years ago
Shivanya.SRats thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I'm surprised that Ananya and Pratiksha were not chosen.. Vinit being selected  is clearly unfair.  You can't use a reality show to make a comeback.. better singers than him were not chosen.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Realityshow

As I said before, I may root for one or more of Rishi / Senjuti / Sonakshi. Maybe Sonakshi. This Debosmita is too much like Rajashri Bag (SRGMP). They both sing very well, but may not have the personality to grab mini stardom. Anyway, hope she sings well and lasts the difficult rounds. Voting can be very cruel in Idol and it is not always possible to protect individuals like in Saregamapa. I don't see Debosmita being a fan favourite.

As far as I can make out Rishi/Debosmita/Shagun/Chirag are relatively new faces this season. As far as I can make out they have never progressed to Grand Premiere rounds of any well known show before Idol. IL12 had Ashish and Sawai in that category. (I am subject to correction in this para 😃)

Last season I guess everyone was from some or the other show, except Sawai. But Sawai had come on Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (Farah-Anu used to judge it) as part of a singing group. In fact there was an entire list on Wiki which was later deleted about each contestant's previous reality show experience.

Didn't Senjuti sing Saajna with Ankush? The song released last year and I think its the same girl.

Imo let the creative team and stylists do their magic. When I look back at the beginning of last season, Arunita had the talent but was the quiet introvert...but see what a change we saw in her. Same goes for Sawai...I didn't recognise him at first in Sayli's wedding video!

Makeup, grooming, outfits and ofc personality development. Indian Idol is anyways more popular than SRGMP. The contestants will grow into their best versions.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Out of the lot I haven't heard Shivam, Sonakshi and Shagun. Unless I forgot 😆

The only one from the rest of them I didn't really like was Bidipta. Too generic. But when Himesh got Milindji on the phone I knew she'd get in.

I heard a couple of songs from Anushka on YouTube and man the girl has the perfect mainstream voice. Doing RD Burman's voice is her speciality but she doesn't depend on it. I would love to hear her and NIhal in a duet 😃 Speaking of Niahl, did u hear his and Shekinah's new song?

One thing I love is there are so many Western singers this time. And they all sing very differently. Last two seasons were an overdose of qawaali singing and classical. I love them both...but the difference between Western and Indian contestants was jarring. This time the numbers are balanced.

Also, I am happy that all contestants are singers. At the end of the day its a singing show and judging them based on anything else makes zero sense.

Looks like the Idol team has gone thru all the criticisms and have actually fixed quite a bit.

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Realityshow

Thanks. Very useful stuff.

Based on fan following increases, Rishi Raj Singh is the clear favourite with IG fans at this time.
Bidipta Chakrabarty seems to be the next favourite.
The position will be clearer after the Grand Premiere is over.

Also noticed that Anushka's YT upload by SET has garnered over 12M views in 2 weeks.

Edited by Realityshow - 1 years ago
DommnaMarling thumbnail

I don't know why they chose Vineet and Kavya. Choosing Vineet is completely unfair. You can very well get a second chance by approaching music directors directly since you're established in the industry. A reality show stage is not supposed to be for established playback singers, they are supposed to be for potential playback singers. Same with Kavya, her theatre round performance was very weak. Her voice absolutely did not go with the song she chose. She was clearly chosen for the upcoming drama of how this singer wants to make her own identity instead of depending on parents etc.

The one who really surprised me was Sanchari. I had clearly dismissed her because I thought she was silly to do an opera on an audition round but I was honestly blown away by her theatre round performance. The perfect fusion of operatic and Indian singing. And the nice part about her is when she touches the high notes, you don't feel irritated unlike say Shanmukhpriya or Anushka Patra who while doing the yoodelling lose their sur. I am looking forward to see how they mould Sanchari. Also has she participated on any reality show before as a kid? Her face looks too familiar. Good for her mom too she can now sell sarees on Sony 🤣

I would've loved Ananya too but again like Vineet she is now an established playback singer so it would've been unfair. I actually like that this time they have taken more fresh talent than new faces, I think it makes it for a more enjoyable watch as you can see these new singers grow a lot throughout the show unlike known faces who sound exactly the same on finale like they did on auditions because of their experience. I really like the new bunch, there's a lot of variety this season. Like someone said they are clearly looking for a female winner this time. But honestly I feel Rishi is going to go a long way. He absolutely killed it with Kesariya ❤️

altgr thumbnail
PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mickymouse21

No tabish? 😕 

I wanted to see him in top 15. I like his voice 

At least I liked him much more than I ever liked Danish.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow!  What a mature post!  And I like Vishal Dadlani's reply!