Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

she was in the film swades

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

All three had talent and beauty enough to make it on their own, with or without Kajol's handouts. Kajol was also supposed to play Rani's role of Maya in KANK with Rani playing Preity's role of Rhea. Kajol turned it down because she accepted Fanaa instead (although I also heard somewhere she refused for other reasons like she felt the role was too similar to others she had done which surprises me because I can't think of anything Kajol has played before similar to Maya). Frankly, I'm happy Kajol turned the part down because I prefer the Rani/Preity dynamic over the Rani/Kajol dynamic and I think audiences would have been tired to see yet another love triangle movie with SRK/Kajol/Rani where Rani plays second fiddle.

This content was originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Lmfaooo. No way. Ash was always primed to be a superstar, b/c of her unbelievable beauty. It’s a fact that she was getting movie offers even before she became MI. So no. Rani is a much better actor than Kajol (I said what I said, don’t @ me) and became a star not b/c of Kajol (who we all know famously doesn’t get along with her 2nd cousin) but b/c of her family connections + talent. So again, no. 

I agree with Rani > Kajol. Rani has a lot more range. In an interview with Karan, Kajol was asked by him if she feels it is true what audiences say that Kajol only picks very similar roles and doesn't branch out to play different ones. Kajol 100% agreed with that and said she admits that is the case and has no problem with it because she prefers roles she is comfortable in. I could never see Kajol in Black playing Michelle like Rani.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: priya185

Gayathri Joshi did not become famous like them despite working in a solid film 

Swades was not promoted as an uber-romantic movie like the ones SRK made with Rani and Preity (or Aishwarya, Kajol, Juhi, etc.) There were no romantic songs set in Switzerland with white sarees for one thing. Swades was promoted as SRK's movie firsthand whereas all his romantic movies always focus on both SRK and his lead actress.

Salman Khan, Amir Khan, saif Ali khan and Arman kohli made Srk's career by rejecting Deewana, Darr, Baazigar, DDLJ and Chak de India.

MochaQueen thumbnail

That movie was not romantic maybe that's why. Only srk is remembered from it rather than his chemistry with the FL