Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

MB is not a bad actor as ppl make him out to be 

in his initail days he did a lot of different roles and was understated when the norm was loud like nijam, murari, nani, even later svsc or more commercial like pokiri and okkadu, athadu

but some of them flopped badly and he got into a mode of planning for hits and keeping his star status and his recent films has him in a rut

I am surehe will put his best forward for this and rajamouli will make him work hard, same as ram charan who was not known for acting till rangasthalam came and now RRR

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

in his initail days he did a lot of different roles and was understated when the norm was loud like nijam, murari, nani, even later svsc or more commercial like pokiri and okkadu, athadu

but some of them flopped badly and he got into a mode of planning for hits and keeping his star status and his recent films has him in a rut

I am surehe will put his best forward for this and rajamouli will make him work hard, same as ram charan who was not known for acting till rangasthalam came and now RRR

Just like how Salman was also nice in his earlier movies and he eventually stopped trying. Flop movies doesn't mean one stops trying and makes that  bored expressions in every movie. Not to mention the misogyny in his movies is unbearable. Athadu is Trivikram magic all over. Okkadu, Athadu had the inherent charm of Gunasekhar movies. 

vcs17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

Just like how Salman was also nice in his earlier movies and he eventually stopped trying. Flop movies doesn't mean one stops trying and makes that  bored expressions in every movie. Not to mention the misogyny in his movies is unbearable. Athadu is Trivikram magic all over. Okkadu, Athadu had the inherent charm of Gunasekhar movies. 

salman was good looking and charming and then became bored 

mahesh imo acted carried off challenging roles, a murari's climax is difficult to carry off or nijam were good performances 

misogyny is rampant is most "star hero" movies, though i agree it is unbearable, but that's a different issue

director's obviously matter, even the best of stars like rajni, chiru or kamal look their best only with great directors

my point is not that he does not look bored or it is ok to look bored (just as ranbir does now) or misogyny 

it is just that he is actually capable of performing and not a non-actor

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

salman was good looking and charming and then became bored 

mahesh imo acted carried off challenging roles, a murari's climax is difficult to carry off or nijam were good performances 

misogyny is rampant is most "star hero" movies, though i agree it is unbearable, but that's a different issue

director's obviously matter, even the best of stars like rajni, chiru or kamal look their best only with great directors

my point is not that he does not look bored or it is ok to look bored (just as ranbir does now) or misogyny 

it is just that he is actually capable of performing and not a non-actor

I don't know if you were referring to other posts which called him a non actor or mine because I haven't gone through this thread. But I didn't call him a non actor. I said he doesn't act anymore meaning he stopped trying. 

vcs17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

I don't know if you were referring to other posts which called him a non actor or mine because I haven't gone through this thread. But I didn't call him a non actor. I said he doesn't act anymore meaning he stopped trying. 

yeah I realised it came below your post so may seem so,

I read your post and I agree he stopped trying 

I didnt quote it that is why 

I was talking about the general perception in here and outside too

Flyhigh_9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Medha_Sree

A globe trotting action adventure 

😳

What happened to his face overnight?😕. I came across these pics recently and I was wondering whether he was not feeling well/got sick . And I thought he will recover soon. Now I wonder that Is this going to be his new look for upcoming SSR movie? He looks totally bad here with that hairstyle and moustache.. And also why his face looks pinkish as if his face got struck by sun stroke. ...I hope this is not his new look for upcoming SSR movie.

He looked cute in Pokiri, Athadu... I hope they keep this clean shaven look in upcoming SSR movie

https://youtu.be/5WZq74m9KbU

https://youtu.be/HpqfxXRhlgU

Or If they want to keep bearded look... It's better they go for Takkari donga look.. He looked good with beard in this movie too:

https://youtu.be/pXeSBx9tVwo

In fact he looked good in all his movies except that Athidi movie.. So I don't want to see any new experiments on his looks like I'm seeing in these recent pics

Edited by Flyhigh_9 - 1 years ago
Flyhigh_9 thumbnail

He was good at emotional scenes ,angst and action scenes..He was in his best form in Pokiri, Okkadu..These movies did give him lot of scope for acting where he was good at nuances and his dialogue delivery was really on point particularly in Pokiri , his every dialogue of  Pokiri was such a sensation in those days and i still  love how he says those dialogues with swag in that movie.. Pokiri has been my all time favourite movie, Okkadu I loved that movie , watched it twice in theatre when I was a kid when it was released... I liked his Athadu movie too for the story and for his chemistry with Trisha but he had not much scope for acting, he was totally wall paper in that movie. 

And I think he is not good at comic timing so I did find him OTT in Murari movie.. 

And he was good at serious roles like in "Nenokkadine"

Recently his movies have been random crap commercial movies from past few years having total slap stick comedy, cring inducing dialogues,.. I hope he will come back to his form with SSR movie ! 

Edited by Flyhigh_9 - 1 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Flyhigh_9

He was good at emotional scenes ,angst and action scenes..He was in his best form in Pokiri, Okkadu..These movies did give him lot of scope for acting where he was good at nuances and his dialogue delivery was really on point particularly in Pokiri , his every dialogue of  Pokiri was such a sensation in those days and i still  love how he says those dialogues with swag in that movie.. Pokiri has been my all time favourite movie, Okkadu I loved that movie , watched it twice in theatre when I was a kid when it was released... I liked his Athadu movie too for the story and for his chemistry with Trisha but he had not much scope for acting, he was totally wall paper in that movie. 

And I think he is not good at comic timing so I did find him OTT in Murari movie.. 

Recently his movies have been random crap commercial movies from past few years having total slap stick comedy, cring inducing dialogues,.. I hope he will come back to his form with SSR movie ! 

yes those I saw with English subtitles were good n yes the recent ones I had seen were not upto par but he’s just cute eye candy 😂plus since I don’t understand the language it’s ok !! 

vcs17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flyhigh_9

And I think he is not good at comic timing so I did find him OTT in Murari movie.

agree, I think he can do pan faced droll type comedy (even in pokiri it is that) not the very physical slap stick type I in murari last climax he was good the death scene, it is not easy to carry off,  though the whole concept ppl who are not into that type of movies will find OTT

yes,he has really fallen in recent times, he has regressed while others have become sophisticated 

i dont watch his recent movies that is why

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
Flyhigh_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

yes those I saw with English subtitles were good n yes the recent ones I had seen were not upto par but he’s just cute eye candy 😂plus since I don’t understand the language it’s ok !! 

Yes he is total eye candy😂...particularly in these 2 songs.. He looked too cutesmiley36

https://youtu.be/FY6w5oMn7zM

https://youtu.be/bMTlZD2qiKg