Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I think 30 crore is on the cards 

With this pace it should easily.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Any publicity is good publicity. It was having constant negative publicity from the trailer launch. Boycott trends, articles trashing RK, Film, Alia, Kjo, everything has generated a curiosity.

You really think that theatres will be empty on Day 1 because Team Brahmastra can't be in all cinemas on Day 1? Won't that be a bigger troll on national news that tickets were booked and there was no audience?

Your doubts will be cleared on Day 1 itself when you see the audience reviews. Then the theatre rush will be visible.

No there's obviously a section of the audience that will show up just as it did with Shamshera or even LSC. I am skeptical about the level of interest in the film though. That's why I asked how much of the 20-40 Cr contribution would be from the audience as I am yet to see anything that suggests that more people are looking forward to it than RRR.

I suspect a lot of what is going on in the media in the past few days is "perception management". KJo has talked about it in past where he said you do "what it takes" to build perception. Are we really naive enough to believe he is NOT doing what it takes to build a certain perception/narrative around the most expensive movie he has produced ever?

https://twitter.com/itx_neha123/status/1566849462734966786?s=20

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I think 30 crore is on the cards 

I don't know Maroony boy...I am totally clueless these days...πŸ˜†

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Cpt.DudleySmith

I am wondering how a movie that up until last week evoked little to no excitement is now set to surpass the likes of BB2 and RRR in terms of opening. Quite a turn around I must say. 

You probably think all of this is completely organic πŸ˜†.

Internet and ground-level reality are two very different things. On the ground level, this movie always had a solid buzz

When the trailer was released it was all we talked about. Same with kesariyaan.Hell even on twitter this movie always had a solid buzz

30 odd members of IF cannot give you the correct estimate of what general cinema going audience think 

So to that, this evoked no excitement is false. You only have to check BMS to know that tickets are getting sold like hot cakes

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Am still waiting for reviews before buying a ticket, but it will be good to see Bollywood finally get a hit. Desperately needed.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Cpt.DudleySmith

Are we really naive enough to believe he is NOT doing what it takes to build a certain perception/narrative around the most expensive movie he has produced ever?

Who wouldn't do it?

We have seen in the past that every costly film maker has done everything they could. Kjo isn't exceptional. 

What I am saying is that if KJO is buying tickets, then he will make a much bigger BLUNDER. We have corporate bookings that, I agree, take 4-5 Cr. All India level, sponsors, their families, a big chunk comes easily if the film is huge. Advance booking rejection just on the basis of some negative hype, which was created by non-fans or some groups of people for various reasons, is also not right.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Who wouldn't do it?

We have seen in the past that every costly film maker has done everything they could. Kjo isn't exceptional. 

What I am saying is that if KJO is buying tickets, then he will make a much bigger BLUNDER. We have corporate bookings that, I agree, take 4-5 Cr. All India level, sponsors, their families, a big chunk comes easily if the film is huge. Advance booking rejection just on the basis of some negative hype, which was created by non-fans or some groups of people for various reasons, is also not right.

Most would do it. Especially when the stakes are so high. And inflating B.O. numbers is part of that perception management. And I am not referring to absurd scenarios when no one shows up for a movie and makers claim it opened to 25Cr+.

If a movie opens at 15-20Cr, and you get your media/trade mouthpieces to report it opened at 25-30Cr, while also "managing" the critical response, it makes a huge difference in the way that movie is perceived by the general audience. I suspect that is what is being attempted with Brahmastra but I could be wrong . 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

In order to recover its budget alone, it would need at least 2 weeks of sustaining the predicted opening day numbers.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This movie didn't come out yet? Here I thought it already released last weekendπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by WittyFlair - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I want this movie to work. For the first time, we have a  movie based on mythology connected super powers. If this works, we might have more movies of its kind. 

Fingers crossed for Brahmastra.