Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PanditainKiAtma thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Gul_9

I see good honest people struggling all their lives and the corrupt ones just enjoying and getting away with every bad deed. Does it not frustrate you thinking that there is no justice in this life?  

This frustrates me a lot too. But I guess karmfal (the fruits of Karma) is not just about present karma but the accumulated karma of many past lives. U may start watering a plant everyday however much u want but it will bear fruits only after a certain amount of time (after certain amount of karma - watering & care etc, has accumulated), not instantaneously.

For ex. My karma is that I'm hitting on evil saab since last week or something... But who knows till when I will get results or if even i will get desirable results or not 🤷🏼‍♂️

That is why probably it's said, karm karo par fal ki chinta mat karo. Leave that accounting on God.

Edited by PanditainKiAtma - 1 years ago
hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PanditainKiAtma

This frustrates me a lot too. But I guess karmfal (the fruits of Karma) is not just about present karma but the accumulated karma of many past lives. U may start watering a plant everyday however much u want but it will bear fruits only after a certain amount of time (after certain amount of karma - watering & care etc, has accumulated), not instantaneously.

For ex. My karma is that I'm hitting on evil saab since last week or something... But who knows till when I will get results or if even i will get desirable results or not 🤷🏼‍♂️

That is why probably it's said, karm karo par fal ki chinta mat karo. Leave that accounting on God.

aapke karm ke phal koi aur kha lega😆

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I think there are two ways to think about it, both leading towards a higher good type of thinking. 

First, theory of reincarnation + karma

Reincarnation is a simple enough theory - you constantly get born and die until you can escape from samsara and attain moksha. Karma plays into this by essentially distributing the fruits of your actions from your lives at different moments. 

Thus, karmic moments in your present life are mainly the fruits of your past lives. Anything good or bad that happens in your life is a casual effect of something you did in the past/past lives. 

Second, theory of karma on its own (if you don't believe in reincarnation)

Karma is the same thing, but just restricted to your present life. You still get the fruits of your actions that you do in your present life. It starts with you being judged for your reactions to certain events, and then that gradually builds towards fruits of those reactions/actions. 

Thus, karmic moments in your present life are mainly the fruits of your current life. Anything good or bad that happens in this life is a casual effect of something you did in the past. 

Regardless of your belief in reincarnation, karma helps reinforce two things: (1) the action matters more than the fruits of the action because the latter is just a causal effect of the former; and (2) good actions lead to good fruits; bad actions lead to bad fruits.

The age old question of why do bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people is something philosophers have struggled to answer. But I think the main flaw is looking at a singular event in that person's life, and failing to connect the dots because karma's effect occurs throughout the life. It isn't a A->B, C->D moment in the sense that if I do something good right now, something good will happen to me in the immediate future. The effects are sprinkled throughout your life. 

The way I imagine it - the world is inherently positive, but it's masked in a bubble of evilness. Life for those who strive to do good things is a lot more harder (because they are working against the current) compared to those who do bad things. Once that bubble is crossed, the fruits of the good person begins to show, and the fruits of the bad person begin to show. 

The important thing to remember is the fruits can appear in various ways - be it a horrific death, a life saving moment, etc..So the fruits itself aren't important.

The point is - if you lead a good life, you will face struggles initially, but the aspiration is you will experience true happiness. If you lead a bad life, you will enjoy immense pleasures initially, but the aspiration is you will not experience true happiness. So focus on doing good things and don't pay too much attention to the fruits. If your intentions are good, your thoughts are good, then you will get those fruits at the end of the day. But just because we don't know what those fruits will be, it shouldn't change how we act. 

Just do good for others and expect nothing in return - best way to live life. ❤️

Last thought of the day: I don't think this world is designed so you can have the cream and cake. If the world is inherently good, if the people are all good, if good things only happen to them and bad things happen to bad people .. then everyone would be good and if everyone is good nothing bad happens to them and if nothing bad happens to them ... it questions the existence of heaven/moksha/hell/death. 

Edited by guenhwyvar - 1 years ago
PanditainKiAtma thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

aapke karm ke phal koi aur kha lega😆

Who? Don't tell me it's one of those FF or Smitten 🤔

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gul_9

Saturday philosophical question for you all. 

Do you believe people ever face consequences of their bad deeds in this life or is it all just a big farce? Do they remain rich and successful or does karma eventually catch up? 

I see good honest people struggling all their lives and the corrupt ones just enjoying and getting away with every bad deed. Does it not frustrate you thinking that there is no justice in this life?  May be karma is just a theory people have created to get a false sense of security and satisfaction that bad deeds will bear bad fruits but does it really happen though.

Thoughts?

On a personal level, with my own understanding and interpretation, I believe that karma has to do with individual (own) actions. So to the extent that it applies to me, I am convinced in the fact that: (i) If I do work hard, maybe something good will come out of it; (ii) If I know I've wronged someone knowingly or unknowingly, I will be punished for it, if not right now, but in the future. 

In today's world, yes, people are exploiting and profiting off another and seemingly doing swell while those who seem to deserve it the most are suffering coz a lot of them don't have the resources to make it big especially in the post-pandemic world. It is very disturbing to see the extent to which people forget the meaning of humanity, leading to more pain and struggle. But, for instance, I do work in the development sector and the one thing that is constantly reminded to us is that even if we are undertaking small activities as part of initiatives to help educate/inform/assist the masses to stand up for their own rights, there is this small glimmer of hope of change in society. 

Idealistic view: Maybe even if we may/may not see those who have reached the top via unjust means getting their due karma, at some point, they will go down someday when their mask falls off and the facade ends, and those who are worthy will find their voice and be able to do better by others. 

Realistic view: We have no control on others, we can just continue to try to make our own (actions/karma) lives a certain way and hope it turns out for the better. It is a depressing, distressing, awful world out there, and we only have our own selves to really take guarantee for. 

Scattered thoughts, but tried to answer in a genuine/unbiased manner. 

hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PanditainKiAtma

Who? Don't tell me it's one of those FF or Smitten 🤔

*insert main nahi bataunga meme*😆

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

इस कविता के माध्यम से आप जिज्ञासु को क्या समझाना चाह रहे है ? क्या आपको नहीं लगता की आपको  शब्दों का प्रयोग करके विस्तार से समझाना चाहिए ?कर्म जैसे विषय पर केवल एक कविता सुनकर चलते बनना, आपको नहीं लगता की इस विषय के साथ एक अन्याय है ?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

Yes, I strongly believe in Karma🤔

So the sins of our pasts will be revisited ? 

MochaQueen thumbnail

I like to believe so, even if it's not true, just to make myself feel better😆

hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

So the sins of our pasts will be revisited ? 

Yes😆