Ali Abbas Zafar’s next Jogi about 1984

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

It stars Diljit Dosanjh! Ali Abbas Zafar is one of the few Bollywood film makers that have come close to competing with Rajamouli’s films at the box office.. But this is clearly going straight to OTT because it is more pure art ! 

https://youtu.be/X3VgZVsvt-U

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Seems like no one here is as excited as the Punjabi community. 

obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Seems like no one here is as excited as the Punjabi community. 

Because no one here understand what we went thru in1984.This is not atleast agenda driven film like Kashmir files.I hope this do justice to what sikhs in 1984 went through and tells about their sufferings.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Thanks for sharing. I agree AAZ one of better directors in Bollywood these days. 

obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

When i hear stories about what happened  in 1984 it gives me goosebumps. Then i watched the documentry about victim families i was so depressed for few days that i don't know how victims felt .Even typing this i feel goosebumps because what followed after 1984 in punjab is more horrible.

TitForTat thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Diljit has already done a movie on this topic.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TitForTat

Diljit has already done a movie on this topic.

Punjab 1984 was more centered around Operation Blue Star and what occurred in Punjab throughout the 90s. This is about the state sponsored genocide that occurred after Indira Gandhi’s assassination. What did people do to survive around that time? He was never shown to in midst of the turmoil in Punjab 1984. And he is very attached to this topic. Also this film was made for a much wider audience range than the other one. 

TitForTat thumbnail

Punjab 1984 was more centered around Operation Blue Star and what occurred in Punjab throughout the 90s. This is about the state sponsored genocide that occurred after Indira Gandhi’s assassination. What did people do to survive around that time? He was never shown to in midst of the turmoil in Punjab 1984. And he is very attached to this topic. Also this film was made for a much wider audience range than the other one. 

their is no use of making a movies on same topic again and again unless you show reality. It needs guts to show Congress involvement in all this saga and name the people responsible for it. Someone like Vivek Agnihotri should make movie on this. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TitForTat

their is no use of making a movies on same topic again and again unless you show reality. It needs guts to show Congress involvement in all this saga and name the people responsible for it. Someone like Vivek Agnihotri should make movie on this. 

He is the last person I want making this movie. I disagree making movies raises awareness. But to each its own. 

TitForTat thumbnail

He is the last person I want making this movie. I disagree making movies raises awareness. But to each its own. 

well on topic like that it should be all about awareness.

Anyways like you said to each its own.