WORKING INDIAN WOMEN ISSUES POTRAYED WELL IN KKIS - Gungun's story

AynDeep thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Let me share some statistics before I begin:

A new report by National Family Health Survey(NHFS) for 2019-2021 suggested that only 32% of married Indian women(aged 15-49years) are employed, whereas for men it is 98% for the same agegroup.

In India, more than 50% women leave jobs after marriage.

Why aren't women getting a fair deal? Why are India’s women leaving the work-force at such astonishing rate? 

The problem lies in the homes and most likely in the marriages.

Lack of support from family members and spouses: Most females leave jobs after marriage. This is sometimes done willfully and most of the time because of pressures from home. Women due to unequal gender roles face additional burden   of handling various relationship roles and also expected to do the household chores. Unlike men, often they do not get a listening ear at home.

Working hours: Often the in-laws or spouse or both have issues with the working hours of married women. They expect women to be back home by 6 pm and get involved with the household chores unlike most men who often go back home thinking about taking rest.

GUNGUN SUPPORT TO  ANUBHAV & HIS FAMILY (VS) SUPPORT RECEIVED BY GUNGUN  FROM HUSBAND AND IN-LAWS

Instances when Gungun helped and supported the Kulshresthras :

1. The Bank fraud issue. Gungun saved the Kshits from getting ruined, defamed and humiliated. She helped Golu, n even helped to expose the thief n scam. Did she ask anything in return?

2. Goli's heartbreak chapter about Pratyush. It was Gungun who helped her emerge strong n resilient to face that man.

3. Anubhav's kidnapping and terrorist track. Gungun charged at a whole system, shook a city with her determination to find Anubhav. In return, she got what? Oh, she did it for publicity, to be renowned. She risked her life by joining the mission,knowing well that the terrorists would target her, she cared naught. But what's remembered is how deep is Anubhav's love for her! Poor guy took a bullet to save her.

4. That girl, who was scared of needles and injections and sighting blood, she went barefoot,injured her feet to pray for saint Anubhav, n even donated her blood despite being faint n dead tired. In return, she got insulted copiously by the everungrateful Kshits.

5. Gungun accepted a job to move on from the depressive mood upon losing Anubhav. She reached out to Madhav/Anubhav through that job only. Today she's being  thanked for it in an aweful way.

6. She readily accepted to pay any amount to Akriti so that she stops nagging the kshits. The beaming faces of kshits, i tell you!

Husband and In-laws support received by Gungun:

The girl was promoted to big role in office just after marriage. She was all alone to handle her big role with huge responsibilities as Chief Editor when Armaan left. She, being a BA failure  is trying to slog in the corporate world with big responsibilities on her shoulders. It is not a 9-5 job.

On top of that,being an elite class girl she had to mould herself in a middle class family with outdated thoughts. She is expected to do the kitchen work despite contributing well to family income.

So, it was Gungun who had to do lot of adjustment after marriage.

An ideal husband would understand her situation and try to support her by taking stand against his family when they expected her to do daughter-in-law duties, willing to make sacrifices as she doesn't have 9-5 job and he would never ever bring the Baby topic.(It was just 1 year of her work-life and Anubhav wanted to start a family!! Forget about discussing with her..how can he even think about it. Couldn't he wait till she secures her future as she just started her career? )

Anubhav has whole family to take care about him if he is not well. But who is there for GG other than Anubhav? His hypocrite family doesn't even care about her health. They think she is giving excuses to escape domestic chores and kept taunting her. 

So, Anubhav is expected to take care of her no matter how many fights they have as couple. But no, he doesn't care about her health .He even thinks she is lying about sickness or giving excuses.

Instead of being  caring and supportive husband ,seeing her stressed and struggling alone in her demanding job , he blamed her for not giving the care and attention.   Couldn't he give the care and support for time being till she settles in her career?(Himself accepted today that he was selfish and never gave her care and attention and always expected it from her)

He couldn't even accept and appreciate his wife's success.( He said he appreciates Journalist Gungun but not his wife Gungun.)

The Kulshresthras (husband included) are so ungrateful inspite of knowing how she helped them financially twice, saving family's honour and their son's life.They don't care about her health and also taunt her for not doing the kitchen work. 

PS:  People commenting here are going out of context from my Topic!!!!!! Refrain from commenting about Gungun's relation with  Armaan or Anubhav meeting Akriti because my topic FOCUS is on working women issues and family/spouse support. This conservating Kfam(huband included) just like real life  can't accept daughter-in-law/wife doing a demanding job( not regular 9-5job) and being supportive of her. They expect her to do kitchen work and husband doesn't take a stand against this! They don't even care about her health. Because of such pressures from home, most  women quit their jobs(  reflected in the low workforce participation of married women )  or get divorced. 

Edited by AynDeep - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

I absolutely loved this post! ❤️❤️

God save us from specimens like Anubhav Kulshresthra.  

mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Instances when Gungun needed help and support:

1. After the heart attack of Dr. Riddhesh Bhatnagar, Gungun was left alone while the world around was rejoicing in Akriti's and Anubhav's social wedding. She was bereft. Anubhav reached for support upon doctors' calling him but what kind of support!!!

2. She's grieving and Anubhav consoled her by telling her, ensuring her that she's his wife. So he slept with her. In its aftermath, he flips and says its a benaam sitara rishta. Puke!

3. Previously, Gungun met with a car accident. Dr. Riddhesh was calling everyone to find outwhere was his daughter as she was undergoing harsh times...Anubhav's reaction? She's partying surely! 

4. Akriti claimed since day 1 of her introduction in the show that Gungun is characterless bla bla... not once he says a word to stop her or reprimand her that enough is enough. Instead, he just took a stance: its between you cousin sisters, deal with it. 

5. His family raised questions on Gungun's character, called her out for having an affair with him, shaming her, threatening her, blackmailing her...he shed tears, rebelled but upon hearing divorce mentioned from Akriti's mouth...he was in shock. Divorce!?

I may add on, but i can't praise Anubhav enough. He is just too an arse! 

Maha_09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Anubhav did support gg unless she started taking things for granted .

If anubhav is only to be blamed today ; then y couldn't gg spare atleast Sunday for her husband .

Anubhav himself being workaholic will mind gg working ??? 

Everything has a breaking point .So did anu patience had .

Anubhav did attend the party .Despite being angry .May be not for a wife .But what's expected from a husband at that point of time where his wife dint have 2 mins to talk .

2 years is a long time .Any male wouldn't tolerate this for 2 days Also he has tolerating it since 2 yrs 

If Anubhav is to be blamed rn then gg too is responsible .

He finally accepted his mistakes .others dint leave a chance to be guilt free .

Tali ek haath se nahi bajti yaar .

How can anubhav demand a bby past 1 yr whn his elder brother had one 6 mnths ago .Pathetic makers nothing relatable  .

Either both of them are equally responsible or none is to be blamed .

Armaans master stroke has created the whole havoc would sound sensible. 

Coming to k fam BP clearly said gg it's important to take time for yourself .Now I don't justify k fam

Remember guyz GG ND GB convo 

* Gg had to work but was her job more than that of her dad 

* Doc Riddhesh would take time for Gg , ask GB what's gg upto whereas Gg couldn't even do that simply being an editor .

*End of the day she couldn't make up her finances for her treatment. 

He was caring he fed gg when she was late with his own hands .Sudden changes myt b both of them not only Anubhav.

Anubhav kept himself away from home just to avoid any unnecessary fight with gg .Whatelse could he do after 2 years of marriage. 

Even friendship also demands time .this is a husband wife relationship. 

Again it's both or none for me .

MeghaBis thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Amazing post Ayndeep! But one thing that still doesn't settle well with me is that Gungun is shown to be a victim here. Gungun since the beginning didn't have time for her husband. Any relationship is bound to suffer if you only put your focus on your professional work. Doesn't matter what gender you are. You cannot simply go on with a relationship expecting your partner to support when you don't even devote a little bit of time to your partner. I would disagree with the point that Anubhav was jealous of her success! At no given point I ever felt he was jealous of her achievements! He was upset that Gungun neglected their relationship for career. Isn't this what Maya did? She left her family behind for her career. She never had time for Gungun nor her husband. All she cared about was being a doctor. Wasn't this the evry same reason Gungun hated her mother? Gungun is definitely showing those traits of Maya. Solely blaming Anubhav for their broken relationship is unfair. Everytime Anubhav complained about how she is always busy with work. The very first day didn't Gungun say "you want me to take leave and massage your head because Gungun's husband has a headache?" Wasn't this insensitive on her part? She was the one who claimed that her work was important and had responsibilities that Dr. Anubhav Kulshreshth won't understand! Did she forget the person whom she was talking to was Ph.D! One doesn't get a Ph.D decorated on a platter just because a certain senior of his/her falls in love with him/her. I don't think Anubhav is the only one at fault! Gungun too is at fault! Just because she has a tumor doesn't mean that her mistakes go unnoticed while Anubhav is bashed left and right! Also her slapping him is an abuse! Just imagine had it been the wife accusing the husband of ema and the husband had slapped the wife! We would have seen an uproar right here! Akriti had numerous times accused Anubhav as characterless and even hit him when he asked her divorce! I never saw Anubhav raising his hand on her! 

Honestly both AnuGun are complete mismatch! Anubhav doesn't trust his love while Gungun only loves her career. It is better they part ways. 

Sonali1605 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Same . For me also both are stuck in this situation because both are at fault. Koi kam koi jyada nhi . Ye in dono ka rishta tha jo dono se sambhla nhi . 

AynDeep thumbnail

I disagree with the view that both are equally responsible for their marital problem.(Not bringing relationship with Armaan/Akriti her).I expect Anubhav to be more cooperative. If it was an arranged marriage, where both get into relationship knowing each other work-life priorities, then both are equally responsible. 

I expected Anubhav to be more cooperative about her demanding work-life till she settled in her new career like an ideal husband would do.  He had a love marriage and he knew how supportive she has been through the worst phase of his family by helping them financially twice, saving his family's honour and even risked her life to save him.[as mentioned in original post]. Inspite of all of this, he doesnt even care about her health inspite of her request and don't take a stand when his family expects her to do the kitchen work!  

As Yeshna77 pointed out,  Anubhav's mother clearly said he doesn't have much work at Institute bit still prefers to stay late. How about utilise his free jobless time and go to Jeet network and spend some time there with her in lunch break or dinner time.  If only, Anubhav wasn't self occupied in his egotistical world. 

I agree she had been rude but couldn't he see how stressed and struggling she is with her demanding new job? If wife is in army or navy who don't even return home for many days,who is expected to be more cooperative?   

[He couldn't give support as he was selfish which he accepts.]

Husband's male-ego domination and Jealousy :

Anubhav to GG today:

If my wife is successful I will only be very happy right!

Rewind to what he said before: 

Akriti-Anubhav meet :

1)Akriti: GG must be the first woman in your family to receive international award!

Anubhav: I also received many awards in my family.

Akriti:But no one got international award right..

His face:😐

2) Akriti gives bouquet and says this is for you...As there is a successful husband behind successful women.

He takes the credit smiles and says thankyou  (Hypocrisy!)

3)Akriti: You must be very proud of GG

He hits the bouquet on the table...n starts what proud..

Anubhav before going to success party:

GC says I'm happy that your praising Gungun achievement.

Then he said He is only praising Journalist Gungun (not wife Gungun)

Married couple like Anubhav and Gungun in real life are not compatible as they both have different expectations in life. If their priorites are clear,they can divorce and move on in life.

Edited by AynDeep - 1 years ago
Maha_09 thumbnail
Originally posted by: smriti25

Amazing post Ayndeep! But one thing that still doesn't settle well with me is that Gungun is shown to be a victim here. Gungun since the beginning didn't have time for her husband. Any relationship is bound to suffer if you only put your focus on your professional work. Doesn't matter what gender you are. You cannot simply go on with a relationship expecting your partner to support when you don't even devote a little bit of time to your partner. I would disagree with the point that Anubhav was jealous of her success! At no given point I ever felt he was jealous of her achievements! He was upset that Gungun neglected their relationship for career. Isn't this what Maya did? She left her family behind for her career. She never had time for Gungun nor her husband. All she cared about was being a doctor. Wasn't this the evry same reason Gungun hated her mother? Gungun is definitely showing those traits of Maya. Solely blaming Anubhav for their broken relationship is unfair. Everytime Anubhav complained about how she is always busy with work. The very first day didn't Gungun say "you want me to take leave and massage your head because Gungun's husband has a headache?" Wasn't this insensitive on her part? She was the one who claimed that her work was important and had responsibilities that Dr. Anubhav Kulshreshth won't understand! Did she forget the person whom she was talking to was Ph.D! One doesn't get a Ph.D decorated on a platter just because a certain senior of his/her falls in love with him/her. I don't think Anubhav is the only one at fault! Gungun too is at fault! Just because she has a tumor doesn't mean that her mistakes go unnoticed while Anubhav is bashed left and right! Also her slapping him is an abuse! Just imagine had it been the wife accusing the husband of ema and the husband had slapped the wife! We would have seen an uproar right here! Akriti had numerous times accused Anubhav as characterless and even hit him when he asked her divorce! I never saw Anubhav raising his hand on her! 

Honestly both AnuGun are complete mismatch! Anubhav doesn't trust his love while Gungun only loves her career. It is better they part ways. 

Anubhav did trust gg until Armaan  poked his nose to this extent where he prolly thought he is the sole guardian of gg .

Maha_09 thumbnail

Anubhav isn't happy just because gg success was at the expense of their married life.

Never was he jealous of ÀNYONE .

Still if anybody feels he is to be blamed then he has been slapped in front of the family and tomorrow gg is gonna divorce him .So he has been punished I guess for what so ever he did and what he didn't do .

Bichari Gg in her bubble of friendship will be living happily ever after .With no realization nor any guilt .

Rajal9 thumbnail

Sry for not totally agree with you akriti and anubhav convo better thn today's armaan gg EMA date!!! Anubhav never give any signals to akirit he was always clear he loves gg or woh sirf usika hai what gg did with anubhav!!! Usne romantic dance kr liya party ke naam pr frnd se esa dance expect nhi kiya ja skta specially when your status not as a single damn you're married!!! Ek ldki ko hmesha ek line draw krni chahiye baki armaan jese insaan hote hi hai mauke ka fayda uthane ke liye jo usne prolly kiya hai feminism ke naam pe gg ko support krna glt hai usko bs tumor hai iss liye woh victim card khelri usne sbse pehle chize armaan ke sath share ki iska mtlb woh apne pati se jyada dost ke sath comfortable hai!! Toh fir anubhav ko spna nhi ayega ki uski wife ko tumor hai or uski care krna uska frz hai yeh baat samne ane se pehle unke rishte me pehle hi tufaan aa gya ek husband apne wife ko uske dost ki god me dekhta hai usne uss time bhi apne wife ki respect ki sbke samne tamasha krne se better whn se nikl gya jo muje anubhav ki shi lgi uske baad anubhav ne gusse me or gg ko khone ke drr se bhot glti ki hogi by word or by ignoring gg bt gg idhr kbhi apni glti accept nhi ki!!! Kyu? Uske liye whi hmesha shi nhi ho skti usko dusro ki baat bhi smjni hogi gender equality matter krti hai...guys only one question sirf akriti se milne jane pr anubhav glt ho gya tha gg shocking eyes se akriti ka naam sunkr hi hurt huyi thi toh woh khud ki wife ko dost ke sath romantic dance krte dekh kese calmly reh skta hai??? Same chiz agr gg ki jgh anubhav ne ki hoti toh log uske sath na jane kya hi krte?

Edited by Rajal9 - 1 years ago