Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunqianFan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Parineeti had good workout pics 7 years ago 

Sorry . I didn't understand what you said. I don't know much about Parineeti. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I used to detest the way Alia's career has been curated

But after watching Gangubai and Darlings (especially Gangubai), I have a slightly different take on this.

I think in today's day and age hustle includes being street-smart and grabbing opportunities. Sometimes it is not even about outsiders vs. insiders, human nature warrants this tendency to step forward and playing the hell out of cards dealt with. Some people are more ethical, some are not. As they say, it's survival of the fittest which matters at the end of the day. And in a cut-throat industry like Bollywood, this holds even more true.

Alia may not have had to struggle in the traditional definition of the word, but I'm sure she has had challenges too. The best part is, she has justified each and every role and kicked a**. She's talented and hard-working and given her 100% to each role. Ultimately, I will judge her by that.

Alia, the actress, will be judged by her performances.

Alia, the successful human, will be judged by how she achieved her success. 

To some extent, I have sympathy for her. She was born into a patriarchal society and is making her career within that community. An outsider like SRK wouldn't get the opportunities Alia got, but as a woman Alia couldn't hustle the same way SRK did. Women in Bollywood are expected to fit a certain physical profile and let's face it, compromise a bit to get ahead no matter how talented. For Alia to achieve what she did, she did need a strong support system.

And she made good use of that support system to give great performances and boxoffice hits.

Problem comes when she tries to pretend it's otherwise. Meryl Streep, Amitabh Bachchan... I mean, she's trying to make it sound like movies fell into her lap only because of her amazing talent. Most talented actor in India? Hello? Naseeruddin Shah, Irrfan Khan, Fahad Faasil, Parvathy, Nithya Menon, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rajkumar Rao, Tabu, and many more just got dismissed?

Alia also comes across quite sneaky and nasty for the way she went after Varun, then Ranbir. Now this thing with KJo calling her and Ranveer SRK-Kajol. I mean, who's she trying to kid? She's trying her best to one-up Deepika with her own husband. Petty and nasty.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mish14bir26

Sorry . I didn't understand what you said. I don't know much about Parineeti. 

She use to be better 

SunqianFan thumbnail

Still she looks good. But yeah she was very fit when dishoom was released . Her transformation was surprising and good too. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Still she looks good. But yeah she was very fit when dishoom was released . Her transformation was surprising and good too. 

Her acting use to be better. 

It so weird. As soon as her looks got better she became less spunky. I like spunky ness in actresses 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Sometimes I think the Bhatts, KJo and Ranbir are her biggest dushman. They ruin any image she creates for herself. In their eagerness to hype her, they say something stupid and the public just goes crazy about it. Alia doesn't help her own case, but compared to the people around her, she has got less exposure and should have been taught better, but baaki log hi naiyya dubaane mein lage hai iski

SunqianFan thumbnail

Her acting use to be better. 

It so weird. As soon as her looks got better she became less spunky. I like spunky ness in actresses 

Okay ,i got confused because of her workout pics .

Can't comment on this thing. I like hasee toh phasee .  She acted very well in that movie. Which movie of Parineeti do you like the most ? 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Okay ,i got confused because of her workout pics .

Can't comment on this thing. I like hasee toh phasee .  She acted very well in that movie. Which movie of Parineeti do you like the most ? 

IshaqZaade. I saw it a lot lol

ShaliniTv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Her success is true, I agree on that but what I don't like is that even when she was average, she was given a lot of chances without needing to suck it up to anyone. But Deepika, Katrina and so many other actresses had to do all of that to reach here, even for her second film, Alia can call up someone to GET her that role but a Deepika and Katrina had to work hard to get that role and now about Alia's acting, I still find it mediocre. I come from south, here half of people doesn't even know Alia Bhatt/Ranbir Kapoor but they know who Deepika Padukone Katrina Kaif and even Ranveer Singh for that matter so they're not that famous like they think of themselves to be, In south india, we have so many actresses who would eat up a Alia Bhatt in terms of acting or even appeal. But once they fail, there's no Karan Johar to pick them up and give chance, that's the only difference. Also her arrogance is something no one can look past, it was always there. Now it's coming out with a force. Deepika had this huge success in 2014, but I never once saw her speaking/behaving the way Alia's doing it, yes her PR hypes her up and I hate it sometimes but it's an entertainment industry and you have to do what you got to do to stay on top and given the kind of industry Bollywood is, I am glad someone like Deepika is at the top of her game with her PR or money or career or whatever.

Ps: Honestly speaking Gangubai is one of the overrated movies and nothing special about Alia's performance there, we have seen alot of it down here. It's sad that Bollywood has come to this point where the best they have to offer is Gangubai. Kindly try watching some Marathi, Tamil and Malayalam movies guys. 

SunqianFan thumbnail

IshaqZaade. I saw it a lot lol

Me too. But i like hasse toh phasee more .