Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Something I don't think has been mentioned here so far is the fact that Parineeti Chopra was apparently lined up to do Udta Punjab 😒 but Alia got the gig and then poor Pari took 2 years off to re-group and also faced some very tough personal challenges in the process. I really wish that didn't happen because Pari is my baby gurl 😭

Snatching the Dear Zindagi role off Katrina (who had been looking for a substantial role for a while) too, is rather unsettling 🤓 - I do wonder what Gauri Shinde would have brought out of Kat as an actress because 2018's Zero was a revelation, and not to mention Gauri herself is super duper mega talented in my book, she's one of my favourite directors.

This picture of Katrina, Parineeti and Alia might shatter some myths

- I really don't like it when people are manipulative in ways which harm others' prospects. I actually think I detest it 😡 - but I do know that this sort of thing happens very very frequently, we just don't hear about it every time. I can think of many examples but I'll save that for another essay.

Just to "play" diplomatic's advocate for a moment... 

I would like to add: if I was in Alia's position and I heard so-and-so-director was making a new film and considering so-and-so-actress to star in it... if I had an opportunity to put myself forward for consideration also, would I go for it, or just keep quiet... (something to think about folks) 

Originally posted by: priya185

this topic is not about SRK and SRK getting projects is not nepotism

please open another topic about him if you are so concerned 

Ma'am please look up the definition of Nepotism, because you are wrong here. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cocomelon

Smart guy, smart move 👍🏼

Street Smart people last long 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Alia replaced Katrina in a film 

In 2003 Tara Sharma (unknown) replaced Katrina in a film. 

If Katrina keeps getting replaced I think that’s her fault more than anyone else’s 😆😆

Exactly, ppl making fuss about Alia/Kjo, but this is DAILY THING happening with everybody in Bollywood. Every Actor is replaced, actress is replaced, this goes out they come in.

I'll add more. Abbas-Mastan came to Salman with Baazigar's Story. In initial Story, their was no Mother angle, so Salim Saab(Salman's father) suggested that Mother angle should be added in film to give it more solid emotional touch. What they did, they added Mother's part, but Replaced Salman with SRK. Such a huge blunder they did, now this is very common thing.

Ppl change, do things a lot in Bollywood, no one can force anyone in today's time. Kjo isn't GOD, ppl will make him by stating such conspiracy theories 😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Exactly, ppl making fuss about Alia/Kjo, but this is DAILY THING happening with everybody in Bollywood. Every Actor is replaced, actress is replaced, this goes out they come in.

I'll add more. Abbas-Mastan came to Salman with Baazigar's Story. In initial Story, their was no Mother angle, so Salim Saab(Salman's father) suggested that Mother angle should be added in film to give it more solid emotional touch. What they did, they added Mother's part, but Replaced Salman with SRK. Such a huge blunder they did, now this is very common thing.

Ppl change, do things a lot in Bollywood, no one can force anyone in today's time. Kjo isn't GOD, ppl will make him by stating such conspiracy theories 😆

Did Baazigaars makers share profits for Salims Saabs idea ???

Imagine today I bet Salim could get everyone cancelled for stealing his intellectual property. 😆

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

When will these bull shit threads about Alia ever die? 😡

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Did Baazigaars makers share profits for Salims Saabs idea ???

Imagine today I bet Salim could get everyone cancelled for stealing his intellectual property. 😆

Salim Saab isn't that narrow-minded to ask for profits. They should have at least given writing or idea credit to him in that film, but they didn't.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Salim Saab isn't that narrow-minded to ask for profits. They should have at least given writing or idea credit to him in that film, but they didn't.

I can imagine a Kangana type of person. She would want to be credited w the whole film 😆

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

LOL why are people bringing in decade old stories of Khans to defend poor aloo baby as if she is some bechari here.

She is the current cream of the crop, she herself has gone on record admitting that she has begged directors to cast her in XYZ films, Papa JO has gone on record admitting the same for Aloo.

Her PR releases an article dissing everyone possible in subtle but also direct way trying to prove that she is the best actress ever. 

so she is getting called out for the same and very rightly so. There is no conspiracy theory here bcoz in this digital age, nothing can be erased from audience's mind and we r not that gullible anymore.

on other note about building professional relationships or networking to basically raise high in your own career - thats a norm for every profession not just bollywood. There is nothing wrong in building connections to serve you at the right time as long as you are not pulling others down while rising up or snatching their work.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

For Alia Bhatt, ppl will go on to write zillion conspiracy theories as she did that, this, kjo did it =)) 🤣

While every single Actor/Actress have done that in many ways. Example, Srk convinced Ajay to leave Karan Arjun, while he himself went ahead to do that role with Salman(Ajay's Replacement).

By stating all that things about Alia/Kjo, you guys are making those Directors/producers as some nursery going kids who couldn't take decisions on their own 😆

Not according to Rakesh Roshan. SRK and Ajay were approached but each one wanted the other one’s role, they wanted to switch and Roshan wasn’t OK with that so both backed out. Then Aamir and Salman were approached but Aamir’s schedule wasn’t open at the time. So then SRK went back to Roshan and asked to do the role and he got it. Was he being indecisive and even a bit of a snob by not doing the role until he heard Salman was doing the movie? Perhaps. But he wasn’t being manipulative and conniving the way you’re suggesting. Not in this case anyway. 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Not according to Rakesh Roshan. SRK and Ajay were approached but each one wanted the other one’s role, they wanted to switch and Roshan wasn’t OK with that so both backed out. Then Aamir and Salman were approached but Aamir’s schedule wasn’t open at the time. So then SRK went back to Roshan and asked to do the role and he got it. Was he being indecisive and even a bit of a snob by not doing the role until he heard Salman was doing the movie? Perhaps. But he wasn’t being manipulative and conniving the way you’re suggesting. Not in this case anyway. 

SRK & Ajay both decided to back out, then when he decided to do the film again, did he informed Ajay that he was doing film then? No. Ajay won't have backed out & he would have done it, but as both decided to back out, Ajay kept his part, Srk didn't hold his end & did the film.