Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Which era was the peak of popularity of Bollywood movies

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Like today is bollywood lowest low , what was its peak era , as per my knowldege shahrukh khan made bollywood more popular worldwide

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

Like today is bollywood lowest low , what was its peak era , as per my knowldege shahrukh khan made bollywood more popular worldwide

Before Shahrukh, Bollywood wasn't popular worldwide?? ðŸ˜†

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I would say Bollywood was doing well from 1999-2012 was Bollywood’s best run. So many good films.

I haven’t been impressed that much since 2013. There have been some good movies but nothing impactful or long term memerable. Pretty much since Karan polluted the industry with plastic nepo’s it all went downhill. Now we’re stuck with 7 star daughters who all got their lips done form the same surgeon 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago
khan.baba thumbnail
Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Before Shahrukh, Bollywood wasn't popular worldwide?? ðŸ˜†

it was but i have witnessed srk stardom which might be the case with amitabh bachan peak too

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

THE non exsistent sonu nigam era 

khan.baba thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I would say Bollywood was doing well from 1999-2012 was Bollywood’s best run. So many good films.

I haven’t been impressed that much since 2013. There have been some good movies but nothing impactful or long term memerable. Pretty much since Karan polluted the industry with plastic nepo’s it all went downhill. Now we’re stuck with 7 star daughters who all got their lips done form the same surgeon 

i agree to a point that after 2012 bollywood film never excites me too , . they were trying to copy hollywood the plot of films were completely changed 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

it was but i have witnessed srk stardom which might be the case with amitabh bachan peak too

For your Info, Raj Kapoor & Mithun Chakraborty had huge fanbase in Russia. Aamir, Salman & Big B went to Jhumma Chumma show, it was big hit in starting of 90s. Everybody was in awe of both the Khans.

Just coz you witnessed Srk's stardom in overseas doesn't make it the only best thing in bollywood. Bollywood exist without SRK also.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

90s onwards, I could say early 2000s was the sweet spot.

I feel like things really started falling off around 2009 or so

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The one that’s coming up.

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

For your Info, Raj Kapoor & Mithun Chakraborty had huge fanbase in Russia. Aamir, Salman & Big B went to Jhumma Chumma show, it was big hit in starting of 90s. Everybody was in awe of both the Khans.

Just coz you witnessed Srk's stardom in overseas doesn't make it the only best thing in bollywood. Bollywood exist without SRK also.

I have Russian friends who can recite Raj Kapoor movies scene by scene. I mean, the man's been dead for decades, and fans in RUSSIA remember him.😆

Rajni Kanth is hugely popular in South East Asia and not just among Tamils. 

Aamir is very popular in China.

I don't think either Amitabh or Salman is that popular among non desi population. That show you mentioned was just for desis?

SRK is still a global phenomenon, but he was not the first and hopefully won't be the last.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago