Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Adi Chopra is outdated , has lost touch with audiences 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

Adi Chopra is outdated , has lost touch with audiences 

Are you by any chance - CutiePieRani? CPR?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Can't believe it's the same PH which did Daag, Kabhie Kabhie. Those movies had good writing and powerful character arcs. 

Bollywood's bottomline problem is they're chasing after money. Cash is important, but in that attitude, they're just looking for formulas.

There is no formula in film art without good storytelling. Some films can run as star vehicles, but that era is gone.

Pick up a book or two. Hire some script writers. And please don't steal from books without paying the writer. Jeffrey Archer (Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less to Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl) can afford to take the loss. Most writers can't. 

Even good direction can only build on good writing. No matter what else they do - smut scenes, music, whatever - no one's gonna pay a few hundred bucks to see a lousily told story when they can stay home and watch good shows from all over the world. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

All these Bollywood production houses are producing disaster after disaster. Yet actor and director salaries keep ballooning. Make it make sense. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

No.  

They had two huge blockbusters in Ek Tha Tiger and War in 2018-2019. I think they might have had a couple of smaller successes after War too but I’m not sure. And they have Pathan and the third Tiger movie coming out next year. YRF is a very large business entity and one Prithviraj or Shamshera will not destroy it. Movies are not the only source of revenue for YRF either. They distribute as well and not just YRF movies and not just within India, produce brand commercials, and if I’m not mistaken I think other production houses use YRF studios for filming as well. How much money do they make from these vs movies I don’t know. But YRF is far from being done or a C grade production. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

They have been that since Jab Tak Hai Jaan, after that they’ve gone downhill.  Tiger Zinda Hai was a fluke. War was a hit, but we all agree that the movie itself was stupid 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Who is the A grade producer or production house ?

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gp7MfbCTDU

They have been a C-grade production house for me since the day they released this atrocity 🤢. Then they repeated this cringe with Befikre.

Edited by BubbleTea - 1 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Nah, that's excessive. 

But Aditya Chopra has lost the pulse of the audience in the last 10yrs, and he's just behind the times from many ways including marketing. 

I guess YRF is also not empowering writers enough as they did in between and chasing the wrong actors for the wrong films. The 3 film deal means they might lose out on good directors too. 

Also YRF makes most of their money through their studios. So they are not limited to films doing well or badly

Edited by gilmores - 1 years ago
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This is not the first time they had string of flops prior to Chandani they had a lean phase too, if I'm not wrong. They are not just a production house they proper studio with other businesses  so they will survive till their  next big budget money churner. After TOH they had War.

Recluse Adi Chopra is out of touch he needs to hire someone who knows the pulse of the cine goers.