Anupama C: Was asked if I’m open to paid reviews

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

She tweeted this two days ago and I’m kind surprised this hasn’t gained any traction.  

Also, who was the PR firm?  People might think Dharma, but would Dharma do this so close to their movie releasing?  I think it might be a movie coming out at a later time. 

https://twitter.com/anupamachopra/status/1539118128869048321?s=21&t=UTOM3ctJriTflPJRsqZ7IQ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

AS IF it was Dharma. Karan and her are pals, he would rather pick up the phone and call her. Seriously, Dharma is the last place on a potential list of suspects alongside Yrf.

Dharma is of course the first pick for ANYTHING wrong with the industry on the internet - the low hanging fruit if you will...  ...but this is a reeaacchh.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

I find it really hard to believe that Anupama in her decades-long experience as a critic and journalist is being offered paid reviews for the first time. This must be posturing at best.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Well, Dharma is not exactly the innocent victim. People are already noticing how some of the terminology in JJJ reviews seem very similar which suggests talking points were sent from one source. Besides, stupidly or arrogantly KJo himself admitted that a lot of the four stars are decided on before anyone even sees the movie. So there’s a reason that Dharma is the problem for everything on the Internet. They’ve put themselves in that position.  

All that being said, no I don’t believe this was Dharma either. And it definitely wasn’t YRF for no other reason than the fact that Anupama wouldn’t talk about it if her own in laws did something like this 😆.

Another suspect people are talking about in the replies is Akshay Kumar’s PR.  

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

People are already noticing how some of the terminology in JJJ reviews seem very similar which suggests talking points were sent from one source.

I didn't know about this. But let me just clarify my stance. 

I do not think Dharma would never do something like this... 

I just think they wouldn't have done it with Anupama/Film Companion (or not in that way at least).

Of course Karan Johar & Co could play these tactics, absolutely. I'm not defending them just because I love Karan. I know he's a sneaky lil kutti 

I'm sure it happens all the time ...

I'd rather rely on my own instincts based on the movie trailer than what these sellouts and suckups have to say regardless.

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/videod/all_jjj_early_reviews_paid_either_all_of_them/

They are paying critics, all wrote same review 😂 everyone is talking about it.

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Embodiment of double standards 

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

film companion trashed kashmir files while giving thumbs up to shikara,what is getting paid for reviews in comparison?

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

They didn’t know she is Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s wife?