1993 India thought magazine results

friends1234 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

1993 Magazine about what India thought , Poll results on Top Stars, Top  Movies etc : r/BollyBlindsNGossip

1993 Magazine about what India thought , Poll results on Top Stars, Top  Movies etc : r/BollyBlindsNGossip

r/BollyBlindsNGossip - 1993 Magazine about what India thought , Poll results on Top Stars, Top Movies etc

r/BollyBlindsNGossip - 1993 Magazine about what India thought , Poll results on Top Stars, Top Movies etc

Edited by friends1234 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tetul thumbnail

FireShot Capture 007 - 1993 India thought magazine results - Bollywood News, Bollywood Movie_ - www.indiaforums.com.png

Even after her vulgar Dhak Dhak Karne Laga?

friends1234 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tetul

FireShot Capture 007 - 1993 India thought magazine results - Bollywood News, Bollywood Movie_ - www.indiaforums.com.png

i feel this is the general younger audience who loved jjws more than beta thats why pooja bedi...and she was also a model so maybe they considered her more sexy

i have always seen people calling madhuri dixit gorgeous and a diva, they generally dont use the word sexy to describe her 

Tetul thumbnail
Originally posted by: friends1234

i feel this is the general younger audience who loved jjws more than beta thats why pooja bedi...and she was also a model so maybe they considered her more sexy

i have always seen people calling madhuri dixit gorgeous and a diva, they generally dont use the word sexy to describe her 

Don't tell me people voted for Shilpa Shirodkar for her vulgar scene over Madhuri's super duper hit vulgar song.

friends1234 thumbnail

Don't tell me people voted for Shilpa Shirodkar for her vulgar scene over Madhuri's super duper hit vulgar song.

madhuri is still the fav heroine though..idk maybe people just found some others more sexy

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Poll says no1 screen team is Anil-Sridevi. Photo mein Anil-Madhuri ko 1 aur Anil-Sridevi ko 4 pe rakha hai. 

Photo na hi lagate isse acchha toh.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

"Sharukh appeals more the well-educated, well-settled crowd while Salman is the fave rave of the reckless yuppies."

LOL, nothing changed even after 3 decadessmiley36 I am surprised Govinda is not mentioned even in a single poll.smiley24 He was one of the front-runners during that time period.

Also, Madhuri, Sridevi and Juhi were the major players in the early 90s. So, the first poll makes sense.

Exhibit A for all people who question Madhuri's popularity before HAHK.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: friends1234

Exactly, "sexy" was a controversial word (to the point of being vulgar) during that time.

Only "glamor girls" like Pooja Bedi / Anu Aggarwal were called sexy by the magazines.

Unless an actor/actress was misquoted during their interviews, the word 'sexy' never made headlines.

Edited by diasingh2 - 1 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

By this time Madhuri had been around for years and had created an aura of girl next door and generated a significant fan following. Even the controversies around Dhak Dhak and Choli Ke Peeche left Madhuri surprisingly unaffected. People had a problem with the songs and the content, but not Madhuri as much. 

Pooja Bedi on the other hand shot to fame with a Kamasutra ad. She and Pooja Bhatt were both very sex-positive and made a lot of comments/interviews about controversial topics of the day like sexuality, contraception, AIDS awareness. So they got typecast as sexy vixens. Madhuri on the other hand went to great lengths to avoid anything too taboo in society. 

Edit to add: As some have pointed out - the term "sexy" itself was controversial. It was almost synonymous with sIutty and loose. People hesitated to call their favorite stars "sexy."

Edited by return_to_hades - 1 years ago
friends1234 thumbnail
Originally posted by: diasingh2

"Sharukh appeals more the well-educated, well-settled crowd while Salman is the fave rave of the reckless yuppies."

LOL, nothing changed even after 3 decadessmiley36 I am surprised Govinda is not mentioned even in a single poll.smiley24 He was one of the front-runners during that time period.

Also, Madhuri, Sridevi and Juhi were the major players in the early 90s. So, the first poll makes sense.

Exhibit A for all people who question Madhuri's popularity before HAHK.

yeah, this poll is very accurate and makes sense...aamir was definitely more popular in 93 and i dont have the pics now but i saw the 98 addition where he is behind srk and salman at no.3 i guess 

i feel govinda didnt have the category...he was not the conventionally good looking guys like the rest and amitabh is the most fav actor but he was popular in the 90s