SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Sorry double post...

Edited by SrikantTiwari - 1 years ago
Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

We had Mard ko Dard nahi Hota a superhero movie without vfx  and recently minnal Murali in Malayalam another superhero movie with limited vfx and both were totally awesome

Indians can make a good superhero story if they focus on story first 

Vfx in avenger movie was the great icing on a spectacularly baked cake. 

Some cakes don’t need icing at all, But many do, to enhance it. Bad icing ruins a good cake and bad cake cannot be salvaged with good icing 

Brahmastra trailer in terms of VFX is underwhelming but it just a trailer I only hope the story is good and vfx better than what was in the trailer, however I don’t have much expectations from Dharma on either front unlike Rajamouli who I trust enough for a good story and creativity even if the vfx is Average

Nirvanaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I dont think Ranbir lost his acting skills or something...Its just not the right genre for him..He is more suited for slice of life movies where realistic acting is the way to go..I think Fahadh Faasil is best actor among current crop of young actors but dont think he can pull off a mass entertainer like a Prithviraj or Prabhas or Soorya though they dont measure up to his acting calibre...These kinda larger than life movies demand powerful presence and looks and body language..a very different kind of charisma. Which Ranbir or Fahadh might fail at...that does not make them bad actors

On the other hand, Alia😆..At this point, some people might be smoking pot to call her the best actress in India🤣..she fails at anything and everything if the screenplay and direction does not cleverly masks her flaws as a performer. In movies, where directors have better thing to do than hype up her, she fails miserably...She definitely doesnt deserve to be called best actress of India where Parvathy and Sai Pallav are actively delivering fabulous performances even when the screenplays dont favour them in anyway. How on earth an otherwise mediocre Mouni is commanding attention with 20 sec screentime over Alia?\

This level of VFX will work fine for Indian audience as long as they have an emotional storyline. AB Sr was great.

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SrikantTiwari

Regarding VFX I don't get how countries like South Korea or Japan are able to create such realistic effects for their shows where the effects for even our high-budget movies look cartoonish....infact they should have approached red chillies for this one. Ra one was 2011 yet the VFX looked so good. If anything they could've atleast looked at Tumbaad.....the director took time and even created the effects on his own.

Some scenes look really good in trailer but as I will say again overall it is just too much. They used all the colors they could find. 

this was an awesome movie, the whole atmosphere was set up so well, it deserved much more appreciation then what it got 

it is unfortunate that chopra-kjo type movies garner so muuch publicity but these gems in hindi cinema get buried

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nirvanaa

I dont think Ranbir lost his acting skills or something...Its just not the right genre for him..He is more suited for slice of life movies where realistic acting is the way to go..I think Fahadh Faasil is best actor among current crop of young actors but dont think he can pull off a mass entertainer like a Prithviraj or Prabhas or Soorya though they dont measure up to his acting calibre...These kinda larger than life movies demand powerful presence and looks and body language..a very different kind of charisma. Which Ranbir or Fahadh might fail at...that does not make them bad actors

On the other hand, Alia😆..At this point, some people might be smoking pot to call her the best actress in India🤣..she fails at anything and everything if the screenplay and direction does not cleverly masks her flaws as a performer. In movies, where directors have better thing to do than hype up her, she fails miserably...She definitely doesnt deserve to be called best actress of India where Parvathy and Sai Pallav are actively delivering fabulous performances even when the screenplays dont favour them in anyway. How on earth an otherwise mediocre Mouni is commanding attention with 20 sec screentime over Alia?\

This level of VFX will work fine for Indian audience as long as they have an emotional storyline. AB Sr was great.

well put, there are very few actors who can pull off all genres,  for example shabana azmi used to stick out in commercial movies, smita patil did a better job 

I would place amitabh, ramya krishna, sridevi, vijay sethupathi etc  in this category of being able to do different genres

also shows that pulling of larger than life roles also requires a special talent and is not inferior to "natural roles), in fact convincing the audience that you are super human requires lot of talent

also, you need a rooted bit more indian vs a urban I just stepped out of bandra or soho personality to do it 

make me appreciate prabhas much more now 

and casting is so important, kjo has tried to fit his buddies into roles not meant for them, trying to make a alia into a madhuri or aish in kalank and now this 

agree, not just parvathy but most malyalam actors from nimisha to even anne ben are better 

of course sai pallavi too. 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It sucks, Hope it becomes Big Flop 

moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

well put, there are very few actors who can pull off all genres,  for example shabana azmi used to stick out in commercial movies, smita patil did a better job 

I would place amitabh, ramya krishna, sridevi, vijay sethupathi etc  in this category of being able to do different genres

also shows that pulling of larger than life roles also requires a special talent and is not inferior to "natural roles), in fact convincing the audience that you are super human requires lot of talent

also, you need a rooted bit more indian vs a urban I just stepped out of bandra or soho personality to do it 

Agreed 100% if anyone wants to connect with all type of audiences. 

Oshoriri thumbnail

Liked all Ranbir movies. But he doesn't seem right for the role. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a muscular Ranveer might have looked better in those high jump scenes.. 

moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Trailer was underwhelming. 

I would definitely give this a chance if the story is grand and their decision to make more sequels but am not really into Ranbir as the lead. Hope he shines as he is a great actor. 

Somehow that touch was missing in him from becoming a bigger star. After Barfi that's 10 years ago, I didn't click with any of his films not even Sanju if you take commercial movies.

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

this was an awesome movie, the whole atmosphere was set up so well, it deserved much more appreciation then what it got 

it is unfortunate that chopra-kjo type movies garner so muuch publicity but these gems in hindi cinema get buried

I do think though if it released today it would have been a huge hit. People nowadays want content that can entertain them. Tumbaad would've been just a fantastic experience in cinema.