Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Option to add multiple authors in an FF, if the story is written in collaboration

WildestDreams thumbnail

3-Add a length section so we can mention what kind of story we are posting. Options are

FanFiction

One Shot

Two Shot

Drabble

Short Story(2-10 chapter)

Poem

Will about more inputs!

UPDATE:
This feature is ACTIVE

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
WildestDreams thumbnail

- Add a colour button next to the title in order for the writer to give a rating to the FF/OS.

Green button: light comedy/romantic work

Yellow/Orange button: little angst, family drama, little mention of theme like death, cheating 

Red Button:  work with theme like Angst, violence, depression or death, mention of Adult Content.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

3. The index of the stories could have another column where the beta reader of the story could be credited for br-ing that particular chapter (they could be official member of IF FF BR team, or any another user) just like the FFGs are credited below the story title. We are currently crediting them using teh Author's note blank or in the chapter itself, but it would be great if they get more visible credit.

BlackWitch thumbnail

We should have an option to create a new fanfiction from our own dashboards. Currently, writers have to go to the fanfiction section and find the green button. 

The button should be prominently displayed when we check our fanfictions on our dashboard. 

Also, the existing button should be more visible in the fanfiction section.

UPDATE:

This feature is LIVE

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
aakritisri1111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -Sarcy-

Copy pasting my suggestion from the site updates page:

Regarding the new fanfiction section, it is cool but interaction via comments there feels clumsy and so sometimes readers either don't comment or writers prefer to stick to the forum for better interactions. And we even have cases where people post in the FF section but create a thread in the forum for updates and discussions. 

Can we have something where once an FF is posted in the FF section, a linked thread us automatically created in the associated forum for all discussions? The comments and reviews from readers can reflect in both places. This will be motivating for readers and writers both as writers get a sorted interface to manage their stories and index while readers get a clean and familiar interface for reviews. 

As a writer, I like the FF section features but I like the discussions aspect of the forum more and hence prefer to post my stories in the forum vs the FF section. 

Tagging fellow writers

I agree... Lack of comments demotivate us to write further... I have noticed that I use to get more comments when it was on forum.. So I completely agree with each and every thing said over here

Iridescence1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Comments section really needs work, it isn't the most friendly area to hold discussions like the forum threads and is important to most writers.

Also, when someone posts a comment in FF and you reply to it, any subsequent replies under this thread of conversation falls with most recent at top. If someone is trying to follow the discussion, they would have to scroll down then scroll back towards the initial comment that started the comment thread. I think this could be reverse so it falls in order of the conversation and may be easier to follow. 

vijay thumbnail

Beta Readers can now be tagged in FanFictions. So that their name is also featured properly like Graphicers.

Currently there is a limit to tag 3 Beta readers per FanFiction.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Please suggest the urgent stuff so that we can take it on priority.

1. A way to view reports. I cannot speak for Appy, Madhu and Ramya, but I cant see any reports made about comments/stories in the FF section

2. can the arrows on the button next to the status of the story be replaced with text like "update status" or something. It is small and hence people tend to miss it, so their stories remain in drafts and unless they contact the ffes, we can't do anything about it to help them. 

3. When a person tries to upload a picture/ upload a link to a picture that's greater than the banner size, can they be notified like the time they used to be notified when they tried to upload png images instead of errors like "server error 500, POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS INPUT FOUND!"? 

4. Maybe there could be a section where the FFEs could post notes if an author makes some mistake while posting/there are reports against the story (so instead of pulling down the whole story(chapter) or removing the offensive parts ourselves, we can point it out in that section and the author can decide what they wish to do with it) This note should be visible only to the FFEs and the author. That way, we don't have to worry about pms.

5. Can the summary and author's note have the < br > tag so that users can use the Enter key and it doesn't look like one whole paragraph?

6. A separate fields for trigger warnings.

7. can we have the house of br link like the ffg 's shop is linked here?also, the ffg shop link needs to be updated

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Vijay Sir, 

Let us say, a person A aged 10 yo creates a IF profile and enters his or her DOB as x.x.1990 instead of his or her real DOB. 

Don’t you think underaged people will still be able to read story which is actually catering to M / R or X rated age group?

Yes it is quite possible but we can just create reasonable barriers. If someone wants to cheat the system it is on them and not on us.

There are sites which don't even ask the user to provide anything except that they agree they are 18+ and voila....

Secondly, we cannot ask them to provide a valid ID or something just to read an online story as that would be a stretch. 

If someone have a better suggestion please provide as we can always explore those.