Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hi vijay,

Can you please look into this? I had migrated all the comments but it is not showing properly. It took more than 1 hr to migrate, yet it isn’t showing. Previously also I had faced problem in some of the fictions.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2100

Edited by Koeli - 1 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli

Hi vijay,

Can you please look into this? I had migrated all the comments but it is not showing properly. It took more than 1 hr to migrate, yet it isn’t showing. Previously also I had faced problem in some of the fictions.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2100

The comment migration (especially for older fictions) is wonky. For another story, I migrated comments and technically, a chapter should have had about 28 comments, but got 600+ comments (that means, the comments weren't migrated under the proper chapters) 

Originally posted by: Koeli

Hi vijay,

You can check the terminologies here… 

https://www.indiaforums.com/helpcenter/questions/45

I hope this helps.

We use different terminologies on india forums… but the link that I have provided is the actual terminologies used and accepted worldwide…

Fan fiction falls under genre.

Thanks Koeli for sharing this.

Based on Word Count 

Novel (40,000 words or over): A fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism.

Novella (17,500 to 39,999 words): A short novel or long short story.

Novelette (7,500 to 17,499 words): A short novel, typically one that is light and romantic or sentimental in character.

Short Story (under 7,500 words)  A story with a fully developed theme but shorter and less descriptive than a novel.

One Shots : (typically more than 1000 wards) A story that starts and ends in one chapter. There is no restriction of no. of characters.

Flash Fiction / Ficlet : (typically 1000 words) Fiction typically consisting of only a few hundred words.

Vignette : (typically 500-1000 words) : It focuses on a specific moment or scene or maybe thoughts of a character. 

Drabble : (typically within 100 words) A drabble is a short work of fiction of ideally one hundred words in total. It is for testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in a confined space.

Poem: Piece of writing in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by particular attention to diction (sometimes involving rhyme), rhythm, and imagery.

Poetry : literary work in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature.

Difference between poem and poetry (Poetry is a literary form, whereas a poem is a written piece of work. Poetry is an art form, whereas a poem is a composed work. He who composes poems occasionally cannot be called a poet but can be called a versifier. A poem is the fundamental unit of poetry.)

Just one query how will we differentiate between a FanFiction and an Original story?

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Could you please add a Save Draft feature to the Add New Chapter page?

I migrated a story from an old topic that was closed. Now I want to write the next chapter, which will take some time. I don't want to switch the fan fiction book to Pending while I add and edit the new chapter in situ. Asking a moderator to reopen the outdated forum topic, just so that I could draft and post the new chapter there and migrate it, goes against the Fan Fiction section's primacy.

I could write a draft post in some random topic, copy and paste into my fan fiction book, and delete the draft. Or, I could write in a document, copy and paste, and adjust the formatting.

Being able to save a chapter draft in the Fan Fiction section would be preferable to all of these options, right?

Whenever you have time, please.

You can do that… keep your chapter in the draft mode until you want to make it active.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Would readers also be able to see my draft by doing this? Someone who doesn't have FFEditor privileges, please try it and tell me:

No, they can't. You can check either after logging out or opening the link in incognito tab. 

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

No, they can't. You can check either after logging out or opening the link in incognito tab. 

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 10.09.04 AM.png

Edited by Koeli - 1 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Helping Hands

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

Would it be okay if not only the G-Rated but also the other FanFictions were open for both IF members and non-members?

Even before joining IF, I used to search for FFs on my favorite shows, and more than often the search engine directed me to threads made in IF. 

We already had an option to keep our stories open to all or member-specific.

The rating system along with the disclaimer is undoubtedly a great addition since readers will have an idea about the plot. But when a 13+ IF member can have access to an M-Rated story why can't a general reader have that? I know, I would love to have that option as a reader. 

Please reconsider this option. 😊 

It is a very good suggestion. 

Tagging the moderators for their valuable opinion. I'm not sure why am I not being able to tag oye_nakhrewaali

Fiction posted in India Forums is for everyone, and we offer creative liberty. --This line defines the idea behind this entire effort. 😊 

It is for everyone, but being/becoming a member will provide the most advantage to the reader; it is a privilege to read the desired fictions hassle-free, he/she may appreciate the FF, write an opinion, and if desired, contribute another fiction as a writer! 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Helping Hands

Originally posted by: metacrisis

Hi, I am facing some issues with the FF types, some of them are appearing blank in the filter box. 

Also, the type marked as 'Poem' currently is redirecting to 'Novel'.

I am not sure if I am the only one facing this but could you please check it out once?

Pro, checked the 'Refine by Types' --- Here, it is showing correctly--- see 

Open photo

If you click on Poem type, it's showing your 2 books of poems. 

But, after that when we check , as you mentioned, it is showing like this -- 

Open photo

It seems, there needs a correction. 

Vijay, please check this.

----------

Oh, this issue has already been addressed?!

Thank you Vijay.

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Yes, I think the main FF page ka Poem wala link is working, but in the next step only the mapping issue I am facing.

But, I guess it'll also get sorted with the next update as Vijay Sir said. 😃

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Vijay, all the below-mentioned  books belong to Poems category.  Still, that 'Refine by Types' is showing only 2 poem books. That is the  1 st issue there 

Open photo

It is showing only the first two poems' books only.  

Now the second issue is --- it is an FF not a collection of poems. 

Open photo

Author need to update their FanFiction types..