IMPORTANT: Requesting Members to review their email settings

Posted: 1 years ago

Hi All,

We request our users to keep their account email address up to date. As you all know sending emails has a cost involved and a lot of effort goes behind to ensure that emails are delivered to user without issues. 

Please note the following:

a) Keeping an upto date will help the user in retrieving their account in the event they forget the password.

b) We are moving to a system where accounts with non-existent/disabled emails will have to re-confirm their email address. This will save our server resources and reduce our server costs involved in sending these emails. 

c) We NEVER send unwanted emails and strictly adhere to permission set by the user in their Preferences > Email Notifications page.

d) All emails sent by us also have an unsubscribe link through which the user can easily unsubscribe and it does not require them to login also.

e) Users who are getting emails in their spam folder we request you to whitelist our emails so that it is not lost in Spam folder.

f) Emails remains an important way to connect with us regarding your account in the event you are not able to login to your account. As how else we will identify you are who you are claiming to be.

Thus we request all members to review their Emails and Email Notification settings.

If you are facing email deliverability issues or account login issues please let us know and we will try and help you out. And we hope this small effort from you will help us in sending emails which are allowed by the member and reduce 

UPDATE:

For the benefit of the user we now share the Email Failure details (as received by our email server)

This will help them understand the issue better.

If the email no longer exists or you do not have access to it. Please update the email address with an active one.

Regards,

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago

can you try to allow us to verify our account with 2 emails? maybe that will help

also if we can nominate some buddies to help us if there is a problem with our email/login

Found my email

Edited by priya185 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by priya185

can you try to allow us to verify our account with 2 emails? maybe that will help

also if we can nominate some buddies to help us if there is a problem with our email/login

where can I find the email associated with my account?

Go to the Settings page from the drop down menu under your user avatar in the navigation bar.

We do see a lot of members who have not updated their emails for a long time and it is no longer working.

We request them to update the same as without that it will auto-disable the disable the account until they update the profile with an active email address.

Also please take time to update Preferences > Email Notifications.

Updated my emails today Vijay. Thanks for reminding us. 

Originally posted by vijay

Hi All,

We request our users to keep their account email address up to date. As you all know sending emails has a cost involved and a lot of effort goes behind to ensure that emails are delivered to user without issues. 

Please note the following:

a) Keeping an upto date will help the user in retrieving their account in the event they forget the password.

b) We are moving to a system where accounts with non-existent/disabled emails will have to re-confirm their email address. This will save our server resources and reduce our server costs involved in sending these emails. 

c) We NEVER send unwanted emails and strictly adhere to permission set by the user in their Preferences > Email Notifications page.

d) All emails sent by us also have an unsubscribe link through which the user can easily unsubscribe and it does not require them to login also.

e) Users who are getting emails in their spam folder we request you to whitelist our emails so that it is not lost in Spam folder.

f) Emails remains an important way to connect with us regarding your account in the event you are not able to login to your account. As how else we will identify you are who you are claiming to be.

Thus we request all members to review their Emails and Email Notification settings.

If you are facing email deliverability issues or account login issues please let us know and we will try and help you out. And we hope this small effort from you will help us in sending emails which are allowed by the member and reduce 

Regards,

Hi Vijay,

I am unable to sign in with my account Padmajaan.

The email you are sending the verification link is no longer valid. Don't know how to indicate an active email. I don't want to lose my account. Please help.

Originally posted by padmanats

Hi Vijay,

I am unable to sign in with my account Padmajaan.

The email you are sending the verification link is no longer valid. Don't know how to indicate an active email. I don't want to lose my account. Please help.

If you can login and its taking you to the page where it asks you to verify your email account.

If you email no longer valid, you can simply change the email address and it would send you the verification email to the new email account and just confirm and start using the account.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by vijay

If you can login and its taking you to the page where it asks you to verify your email account.

If you email no longer valid, you can simply change the email address and it would send you the verification email to the new email account and just confirm and start using the account.

Hope this helps.

I tried that but it's not working! It tells me email already registered and it doesn't work. Plus capcha also not working. I am a very senior member and would hate to lose my account. Pming you my functional emails. Please help Vijay!

I tried that but it's not working! It tells me email already registered and it doesn't work. Plus capcha also not working. I am a very senior member and would hate to lose my account. Pming you my functional emails. Please help Vijay!

Email already registered means that the email is being used by another user account. I think it would be the same.

In order to sort this I would suggest you change the email of the newer account to something else. So that your active email can be used by your older account.

Do not worry we will not let you lose your account. 

PM me the details I will look into it.