Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: aparnauma

Why should Sanskrit be our national language?Sanskrit is the language of Aryans. Dravidians and Protodravidians  existed on this sub continent long time before Aryans came to this land.

If one needs an ancient language as a national it should be of Dravidian origin

There were no Aryans. That theory has been debunked.

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Why is it ridiculous? 

So many states, so many languages... There was opposition from Southern states to the use of Hindi, so English emerged as the de facto lingua franca

English has been the language for governance, business etc as the result of colonial rule

So English, along with Hindi, is one of the two languages permitted in the Constitution of India for business in Parliament. 

May not be ideal...But convenient 

Now it's helping us communicate in India Forums

We're criticizing the usage of English in English :)

Edit: Criticizing someone for not knowing English is unnecessary unless they're English teachers or News Readers in English

Making a mistake in English while speaking or writing can happen to anyone, even native speakers... I find people who're not so proficient in English are also touchy and sensitive about it.... Why? It's no different than making a mistake in any other language.

It’s ridiculous because I find many proud of the fact that they can speak English and even look down upon those who don’t while they don’t have pride over their own languages like Hindi and other languages in India. At the end of day it’s a colonizers language. I don’t mind if it’s spoken in USA, UK, or if even many interact online using English. But that shouldn’t be at the cost of ones own culture, languages etc and do feel inferior over it. 

The_Best thumbnail

I remember in Pakistan too people used to give huge importance to English. I used to feel I was illiterate not knowing English or I had to know it. At the end I learned because I moved to USA and I am okay learning it as languages are useful especially wide spoken language like English. But now I realize how ridiculous English is made out to be back home. Now I want to learn my own culture language Farsi/Dari and improve Pashto ❤️

The_Best thumbnail

I am glad I know Urdu/Hindi. Almost everyone knows about and desi people are everywhere literally. So it’s so useful to know it and being able to communicate with so many people using the language!

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

There were no Aryans. That theory has been debunked.

Is it?

But the genetic origins do exhibit evidence of Aryan presence among the people of sub continent. People of North India Pakistan have been shown to be Eurasian as opposed to South Indian population who are predominantly are the descendants of tribals that lived in Central India and migrated to South India.

So how is that explained?

Based on linguistic studies alone Sanskrit is considered as Indo Aryan language which shares more similarities with European languages as opposed to Dravidian languages. 

How is that possible?

Harappan Indus valley civilisation existed way before Aryan presence established on the sub continent. Why is Brahui language spoken in Balochistan similar to Dravidian languages?

Aryans did come to Indian continent from somewhere else.Sanskrit is their language.

NoraSM thumbnail

What purpose does learning Sanskrit serve? We all have our mother tongue, we can communicate in hindi and English, we don't need Imposition of a single language 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

India has only one National language: Bakchodi. Language koi bhi ho, humme karni wahi hain😆

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: The_Best

I am curious. Why and how do most Indians know English? Some even get made fun of if they don’t know English 🤔🧐

Were you previously '_Darling_'? Just curious. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aparnauma

Is it?

But the genetic origins do exhibit evidence of Aryan presence among the people of sub continent. People of North India Pakistan have been shown to be Eurasian as opposed to South Indian population who are predominantly are the descendants of tribals that lived in Central India and migrated to South India.

So how is that explained?

Based on linguistic studies alone Sanskrit is considered as Indo Aryan language which shares more similarities with European languages as opposed to Dravidian languages. 

How is that possible?

Harappan Indus valley civilisation existed way before Aryan presence established on the sub continent. Why is Brahui language spoken in Balochistan similar to Dravidian languages?

Aryans did come to Indian continent from somewhere else.Sanskrit is their language.

The Aryan invasion theory was debunked. I read somewhere that the Aryans 'migrated'. Whatever, there was a huge influx of outsiders at some point. That said, the people have intermingled so much by now that the defining factor has disappeared. We can't say, the North Indians are from Aryans and the South Indians are from Dravidians.That said the original Dravidian deities (Kali, Shiva) are more bloodthirsty and it's more likely that several mother goddesses have been swallowed up by the Aryan version of the religion. In the Rig Veda, Indra, Varuna etc were more worshipped. They have their counterparts in Greek Mythology as Zeus and Poseidon. It is possible that a section of central Asian people migrated to India while some others migrated elsewhere. To conclude, nobody is clear. We can only speculate.

We can't conclude that Sanskrit was the language of Aryans. Because people outside the Indian subcontinent (the other branch of Aryans) can't pronounce the different sounds of "da", "ta", "ra" etc.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
The_Best thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Were you previously '_Darling_'? Just curious. 

Yes I was