Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SundariP

Yaar relax.... Hopefully it's just the start of arpi-sunder as parallel track officially?

Then they can invest some time in character building for sunder and relationship building for them.

I agree that imlie playing god leaves a bad taste, but somethings in ITV can't be changed. 

Same as you I wish they keep Aryan's character intact otherwise nothing here for me as well 🤷

haven't seen the episode but am hoping that is the case. now that there is no behind the scenes drama that forces writers to go at great speed, hopefully we will get many many episodes to the arpi-sundar track...

@mili9 - Imlie suffers from lack of sensitivity and true empathy. she has a problem reading people and understanding different types of pain. she only knows it when people react badly to her -- like when Aryan got upset at her cleaning Arvind's room. so chalk it up to age as well as personality but this idiotic behaviour is well within Imlie's character. so we will have to sit back and watch the fireworks. while all the points you raised on why this pairing does not make total sense, am keeping my fingers crossed the writers do a decent job building the road for this pairing. 

at least to yesterday's episode, when sundar quietly said he was a servant, I felt bad for him. arpita said she didn't know that he was just a servant and assumed that he was a member of the Tripathy family. whereas he never forgot his place and so came in appropriate work attire ready to do work. he didn't come to help out. he came as staff. so I appreciate that he is aware of his place, his lot in life. one thing that annoys me often in cinema is where these societal differences are brushed aside like it is nothing and the guy (if he is the one who is poor) won't even acknowlege how these differences are a problem. so it makes for a nice change where he is hesitant and knows that this may not work out. it makes for an interesting romance as opposed to the typical confident male lead. 

also, I have seen dramas where they make this work very well -- one of my favourite lakorns, the male lead has a complex as he is illegitimate and a chef. he is constantly deried by his half-siblings (who come from a rich background) that he is the son of a servant and just a cook. while he has a bit of low-esteem, he was at the same time perfectly matched for the female lead's flighty ditziness, he grounded her beautifully. it actually made for an interesting romance where the female lead learns to value him and he learns to value himself. so these kind oflove stories can be great if done well. again, it comes back to the writing and whether the creatives can pull this off... 

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

since I missed that whole arc and too lazy to go back, can someone tell me how did Imlie cure Nishanth's leukemia with marriage? who is he married to? am guessing that Nishanth is this fella?

Imli 15th February 2021 Written Update: Nishant returns home

Yes, it is this guy. This guy ran away somewhere, I think US or UK for 10 yrs once he got diagnosed with leukemia. You know like the sparrows🤢. Sorry for the reference, I heard birds go away from their flock when they know they are ill and terminal. I do not  know if this is folklore or real😲 Not to digress, he left his love too, Pallavi who is another Imlie devotee😳 without confiding in anyone about his illness. 

Guess who stumbles on this diagnosis first? You guessed it, Ms, Nosey😡as he keeps fainting at the slightest provocation and doctors say " his life is cooked, we have done everything possible, only Imlie can save him" Of course, the last part is exaggeration. Pallavi keeps giving this guy her hurtful, rueful looks and Imlie figures out they were an item at one point. 

So, she breaks the news to everybody ( I don't remember how they revealed his illness to family because then I used to FF everything, watch only for Malini ,show was trash ), but creates some jealousy illusion and preaches Nishant that after all love cures all ailments, physical, emotional and world hunger. And the usual selfish T family gets on the bandwagon, let us marry foot in the grave-NIshant to Pallavi and ruin her life 😡Please sarcasm again..... I dont' remember or I may have not watched. Pallavi says she wants to be with this guy even if he is dying and marries him. Not sure if her mom is aware that she is getting a SIL who is about to die in a few days/hours. Because in their marriage drama is the drama of patrakaar and Imlie stealing the whole show from the bride and groom😡 They ridicule the whole family, undermine the bride and groom and announce and preach till you get a rip roaring migraine to the family, guests and neighbors adn decide to break their news too. What the heck! They can get their audience as well as their 2 min of fame as torch bearers of societal justice, upliftment of poor and downtrodden ( read Imlie ) while sweeping bigamy under the rug😡Palliavi's mom is like " really my SILs brother is married, woh bhi do-do baar"?🤣This is why I am not sure if they divulged Nishant's impending death to her or not🤔 Viola, shaadi done, Nishant is back in business, preaching and giving worldly wisdom to everybody around him, taking pot shots at Malini and Anu etc. etc and etc...... He is now showing no signs of leukemia👍🏼 SCORE👏

Pallavi, meanwhile, remember the very same lady who wanted to spend every minute with dying Nishant,👍🏼 flew off to Australia to do a culinary course I guess this gels very well with the gyaan we received yesterday about how biwis don't have to sacrifice their life/dreams for their husbands👍🏼 

Sorry, may be you got more than what you wanted to hear, Mango ji. Please know some of it is my exaggerationAnd don't even dare to go back to watch, all trash.😡 

Edited by mili9 - 2 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

thanks for the explanation mili9; it sounds hilarious. so that is why I haven't seen mrs. nishant anywhere and just assumed he was single. 

P.S -- what is with this show and australia? so mrs. nishant goes to australia to study. aditya goes to australia for job. basically if characters have to disappear, they will go to australia? wonder if anyone from australia is watching and wondering why these drama characters disappear into a black hole upon reaching down under. 🤣

Edited by mango.falooda - 2 years ago
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

thanks for the explanation mili9; it sounds hilarious. so that is why I haven't seen mrs. nishant anywhere and just assumed he was single. 

P.S -- what is with this show and australia? so mrs. nishant goes to australia to study. aditya goes to australia for job. basically if characters have to disappear, they will go to australia? wonder if anyone from australia is watching and wondering why these drama characters disappear into a black hole upon reaching down under. 🤣

U know right at one point in history stupid colonists used down under as their human trash can. I guess imlieland is still stuck with that idea. 

PS: not trying to hurt anyone's sentiments just saying the facts as is. Australia was used a huge Convict island and they carried out atrocities on the natives there for the land.😭

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mili9

Yes, it is this guy. This guy ran away somewhere, I think US or UK for 10 yrs once he got diagnosed with leukemia. You know like the sparrows🤢. Sorry for the reference, I heard birds go away from their flock when they know they are ill and terminal. I do not  know if this is folklore or real😲 Not to digress, he left his love too, Pallavi who is another Imlie devotee😳 without confiding in anyone about his illness. 

Guess who stumbles on this diagnosis first? You guessed it, Ms, Nosey😡as he keeps fainting at the slightest provocation and doctors say " his life is cooked, we have done everything possible, only Imlie can save him" Of course, the last part is exaggeration. Pallavi keeps giving this guy her hurtful, rueful looks and Imlie figures out they were an item at one point. 

So, she breaks the news to everybody ( I don't remember how they revealed his illness to family because then I used to FF everything, watch only for Malini ,show was trash ), but creates some jealousy illusion and preaches Nishant that after all love cures all ailments, physical, emotional and world hunger. And the usual selfish T family gets on the bandwagon, let us marry foot in the grave-NIshant to Pallavi and ruin her life 😡Please sarcasm again..... I dont' remember or I may have not watched. Pallavi says she wants to be with this guy even if he is dying and marries him. Not sure if her mom is aware that she is getting a SIL who is about to die in a few days/hours. Because in their marriage drama is the drama of patrakaar and Imlie stealing the whole show from the bride and groom😡 They ridicule the whole family, undermine the bride and groom and announce and preach till you get a rip roaring migraine to the family, guests and neighbors adn decide to break their news too. What the heck! They can get their audience as well as their 2 min of fame as torch bearers of societal justice, upliftment of poor and downtrodden ( read Imlie ) while sweeping bigamy under the rug😡Palliavi's mom is like " really my SILs brother is married, woh bhi do-do baar"?🤣This is why I am not sure if they divulged Nishant's impending death to her or not🤔 Viola, shaadi done, Nishant is back in business, preaching and giving worldly wisdom to everybody around him, taking pot shots at Malini and Anu etc. etc and etc...... He is now showing no signs of leukemia👍🏼 SCORE👏

Pallavi, meanwhile, remember the very same lady who wanted to spend every minute with dying Nishant,👍🏼 flew off to Australia to do a culinary course I guess this gels very well with the gyaan we received yesterday about how biwis don't have to sacrifice their life/dreams for their husbands👍🏼 

Sorry, may be you got more than what you wanted to hear, Mango ji. Please know some of it is my exaggerationAnd don't even dare to go back to watch, all trash.😡 

Thanks I wondered about it too but after my horrible experience with Imlie's first day at school n the episode where Adi tell malini everything n SK buries him  i don't want to torture myself. Adi was so insensitive when he confessed man. In the first 5 epi i got the feeling that Malini was love of Adi's life the way he was saving her from puddle and calling her an saying I cannot breathe without u etc etc. and then he is like u are my bf but this 18 yr old chick is better doormat so she is my love now. anyways can u also tell whats Rupi's backstory?

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Wanderbug

Thanks I wondered about it too but after my horrible experience with Imlie's first day at school n the episode where Adi tell malini everything n SK buries him  i don't want to torture myself. Adi was so insensitive when he confessed man. In the first 5 epi i got the feeling that Malini was love of Adi's life the way he was saving her from puddle and calling her an saying I cannot breathe without u etc etc. and then he is like u are my bf but this 18 yr old chick is better doormat so she is my love now. anyways can u also tell whats Rupi's backstory?

Yes, please. Don't torture yourself with that trash. Like me, you will be on the " hate Imlie" bandwagon😡I came out of it as I see her from ASRs eyes now as a young girl who talked and did a lot of nonsense🤔 So, I am forever on the fence with this girl when it comes to her antics. Somedays impressed, other days annoyed like heck

I came to watch this show after watching my other show Silsila-Part 1, high on adrenaline as the FL thoroughly whacked the supposed ML and his EMA lady. As I started watching I quickly understood Malini is no Mauli. But, I thought it would be interesting to see how she will come out of this trauma. Naive me didn't understand that the show is about the namesake, till they burnt down Malini to ashes for no reason😡 Anyway that is history....... 

About Rupi, she is second to my last favorite ( did I say this right? ), just factors above Adi guy. My opinion, contrived, extremely jealous of Malini for no reason. She is very rude with Malini throughout, even before anything about Imlie came out💔 Bitter and just downright mean to her. I didn't watch the whole show either, all FF or skipped episodes a lot, as I started somewhere in the middle. I just used to get viscerally nauseated to watch the 36 yr old patrakaar and 18 yr old Imlie, I kid you not😒. So, if I am getting this right, she was introduced as a scorned woman, cheated by her husband, left her husband with a child. The child disappeared in the middle. This woman used to be very rude to everybody, especially Malini, you know like who can't bear other people's settled life😡 She used Imlie as her weapon/tool to poke / provoke Malini when Malini would get suspicious of something brewing under her nose and act up😭 Instead of finding parallels between herself( cheated by her husband with another woman ) and Malini, she used to push Imlie with patrakaar for no clear reason😡. 

Somewhere in the middle, in one of the numerous highlight Imlie incidents, they used this husband too. So, patrakaar investigated a politician and has some evidence recorded on a pen drive which he keeps at home. This husband guy is the side kick of the politician who is asked to steal this drive by faking love and repentance to Rupi. It is so contrived, to serve only one purpose- Make Imlie the visionary who could see through everybody, just like how she is saying now,  Aprita and Sundar need to be together like NOW😡So, he fakes repentance and everybody falls for it- But not Imlie, NO SIR😡Malini pushes for reconciliation just like everybody else, while Imlie urges caution, of course Imlie wins in the end like the gazillion other times and praised for her sharp intellect, her intuition and what not....... everybody deride Malini😕, don't ask me why. And filmi style, police come and catch the guy at the behest of Imlie🤓

This is in a nutshell. May not be completely good on details as I didn't watch large swaths of the show. Please correct this story if I am missing anything major please, those of you who know the entire story. I can't bear Rupi at all👎🏼🤢

Again, probably more than what you wanted to know😃

Param-Sundari thumbnail

Mind-blowing fast forward summary of the old tracks lmao...

I've watched it on and off, didn't enjoy as much as this. Thanks for the laughs 😂