Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Sometimes it is easier to say the person who has the simpler acting to do is doing the heavy lifting. When the coma patient regained consciousness which was for well over more than half of the film. That was when they needed an actress like Banita. Who was doing so much acting through her eyes and subtleties alone. The type of acting required from Varun is very common and not as challenging. 

Banita did very well with the portions assigned to her. And I'm looking forward to something more significant from her. But that does not discount the fact that Varun acted very well in October. I think his critics and fans both agree on that factor. He had a good handle on the character's negative traits (selfishness, the need to *always* prove that he's the smartest person in the room) as well as his positive traits (sheer unwillingness to give up on his love, the budding maturity). It's not an easy balance. Of course the screenplay and the director managed his performance very well. As we all know Varun has a tendency for overacting unless he's reined in.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Banita did very well with the portions assigned to her. And I'm looking forward to something more significant from her. But that does not discount the fact that Varun acted very well in October. I think his critics and fans both agree on that factor. He had a good handle on the character's negative traits (selfishness, the need to *always* prove that he's the smartest person in the room) as well as his positive traits (sheer unwillingness to give up on his love, the budding maturity). It's not an easy balance. Of course the screenplay and the director managed his performance very well. As we all know Varun has a tendency for overacting unless he's reined in.

Varun also played his part very well no doubt ! But I felt the type of acting required from him is more common than the type required from Banita! Yes, I hope she is given some good opportunities to further prove her potential. 

Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yeah but slight bias as she's a fellow Brit and it's refreshing to see her get this far.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrignaini

Yeah but slight bias as she's a fellow Brit and it's refreshing to see her get this far.

Don’t worry I am also clearly bias in the case of her and Vicky Kaushal because their both Punjabi! 

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I liked her in Sardar Udham. I actually thought it was Alaya F until I looked up the film on wikipedia

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Haven't seen both movies..now eager to watch.

So everyone says Banita is good👍🏼

What's with her lips though?

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: WittyFlair

I liked her in Sardar Udham. I actually thought it was Alaya F until I looked up the film on wikipedia

She was fab in that film ! 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Haven't seen both movies..now eager to watch.

So everyone says Banita is good👍🏼

What's with her lips though?

Juvaderm /fillers ! They don’t look overdone though! Some people really overdue it !