Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

On second thoughts, umm nvmd! :(

I know liberal ki aulad was a joke on the right wing. 

I found it hilarious. Movie made fun of both left extremism and right extremists. 

These days everyone is going to extreme ends. 🤷‍♀️

P.s — I didn’t know what you quoted and then edited. I got a notification. 😆

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I know liberal ki aulad was a joke on the right wing. 

I found it hilarious. Movie made fun of both left extremism and right extremists. 

These days everyone is going to extreme ends. 🤷‍♀️

P.s — I didn’t know what you quoted and then edited. I got a notification. 😆

I don’t have any problem with liberal ki aulaad because that’s just a jab against an ideology.

I was taken aback by the jab on the Depression though. But jaane do. Kis kis ko samjhaye, kitno se lade. 

Also I didn’t watch the movie and I may be missing the context, hence edited it. :)

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

I don’t have any problem with liberal ki aulaad because that’s just a jab against an ideology.

I was taken aback by the jab on the Depression though. But jaane do. Kis kis ko samjhaye, kitno se lade. 

Also I didn’t watch the movie and I may be missing the context, hence edited it. :)

I understand depression. But at the same time, I also don’t understand current fad. I will explain it to best of my ability.

Our parents gen had different struggles than us. Our kids will have different than what we faced. But overall lifestyle has changed and even the middle class ones are in better position now than how we grew up with limited means. 

Kids now has almost everything. And once that happens, a generation starts creating problems of their own. Like first world problems. 
Struggle makes stronger people. Good times make weak people.

These days I read every kid/ young person says they are depressed. I don’t want next gen to be that way. It’s sad. In a way, I don’t want depression to be the normal way. It’s only filling doctor’s pockets and pharmaceuticals are making hay while sun shines.

I know my post is not politically correct. I don’t even aim to be one. My mom used to sing it to me while growing up — Mata jijabai julave. Shiva ji ne nindru na aave. It means — Since Shiva ji was a kid, Jijabai used to give her lil bit of poison. To make him immune to poison so when Shiva ji goes to fight enemies when he grows up, a poison filled teer doesn’t affect him much coz his body is already immune to poison.

I believe in tough upbringing. We need to raise a stronger generation. 

All said n done, you need to watch movie to understand the context. 

I found the line hilarious becoz I do think depression is in fashion these days. Shoot me. 

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Just finished watching Dasvi and I loved the film. Watch it with Friends. We had blast.  Lines are so so witty! 

Amazing acting by everyone Abhishek, Yami and Nimrat kudo's! AB Jr was so much in his skin, loved his performance. 

Nimrat was amazing as well! There were too many hidden messages in the movie... and that's why many people may not understand the ending.. :) 

Sarika12 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Enjoyed the movie...nice concept n nice acting by everyone...Sachin looked very handsome...

SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Watched it and loved it. I'm liking this turn in choices ABJr has made. He played the character so well. 

Savera84 thumbnail

Dasvi is a good movie.  I liked it.  

I loved the bit, when everyone was eagerly waiting for the election results, Ganga Ram wanted to know his Dasvi results.

And the Tare Zameen par reference was nice.  I heard Abhishek had dyslexia and it was mentioned in Tare Zameen Par movie.

Nimrat Kaur is another surprise package.  I can't believe she is the same girl who acted in Test Case Web Series doing all those military stunts.

Overall a good movie.

Did I mention that the cast nicely fit in their roles?  Everyone of them including Yami.👏

Cheers..