Why such low trp?

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Its been 1 month of the show, channel is constantly promoting sab satrangi, and in every 2 days, there is 1 BTS is released. As far as story is concerned, it is pretty much a balanced show with blend of every emotions. It has the fine balance of family and love story. All actors are justifying there character. In fact, Good Night India which is pretty okayish show has also has better TRP than Sab Satrangi. Despite so much promotions, its buzz is low. 

So where it is missing? 

According to me its the timming which is responsible for its low trp. How can SAB tv assign the 7:30 slot to a family show/love story. It deserve to come in the time slot of 8-10. The slot of 7:30 is mostly for kids/youth/mythos/fantasy show. 

May not be the high, but it sure doesn't deserve the lowest TRP. If such trp continues, channel may decide to axe this show soon.

Is there any other reason which stands for its low performance?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LauraM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I hope that trp will rise so makers can narrate their story properly. 

The story resonates with me pretty well so I don't understand reasons for the low trp. 

I can just assume that audience wants something more exciting, some really evil character which will make a mess of everyone's lives. As far as I know ITV shows, this is usual scenario. 

It's the same situation In film industry - blockbusters with fantastic creatures and  scenarios with simplified battle between good and evil, earn the money. These are so-called box-office movies. Beautiful films which tackle some important issues of everyday life are called "art films", "small films" and rarely top box-office charts.

Edited by LauraM - 2 years ago
rbpll thumbnail

Yeah...that could be the reason too. It is not very high octane drama show neither whole and whole comedy show. Whatever conflict or issues besides the main plotline get over very quickly. They don't drag it for days.   Viewers may get confused that which genre it belongs to. 

Also, the romance of main characters haven't started yet for which mainly people watch the show.

Palak2812 thumbnail

It is a SAB show that too at 7:30 

I can only think max. it hits 0.5 - 0.6 

I think it is doing okish but can do better, let's give them some time. 

I feelwhen Mannu and Vishwas will come face to face or Mannu and Gargi ka relationship mein we see a big progress can rise the TRP. 

Kri18 thumbnail

Regarding TRP of the serial i can say that at this slot and also at this channel it is expected. It would be better if show had a late timing slot (like 9:30 etc. ) . 

The show is relatable and beautifully shown . Relationships are portrayed realistically. ❤️

BUT ! BUT ! BUT !

it has competition with  sitara show PStore and Ekta show Pari... these are slot leaders with 1.7 TRP . You can just watch their any promo you will get to know why they have such 'great' trp .

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kri18

Regarding TRP of the serial i can say that at this slot and also at this channel it is expected. It would be better if show had a late timing slot (like 9:30 etc. ) . 

The show is relatable and beautifully shown . Relationships are portrayed realistically. ❤️

BUT ! BUT ! BUT !

it has competition with  sitara show PStore and Ekta show Pari... these are slot leaders with 1.7 TRP . You can just watch their any promo you will get to know why they have such 'great' trp .

Technically they are also not getting good TRP

Good TRP would be if they would be getting 2.1+ TRP. 

They are also not performing well 😆

rbpll thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kri18

BUT ! BUT ! BUT !

Yeah..that's understandable but still it's low. I can't expect it to have the trp of beyond 1.0, afterall it's a sab tv show, not star plus or colors. But considering the whole feel of show, such a low trp is not expected. I would have understood, if it would have offbeat or niche theme, but that's also not the case. Sab satrangi can appeal to every age group. In fact, in certain aspect it is better than many shows (will list later). Apart from trp, it also have low buzz. May not be the best but not worst either. 

Kri18 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rbpll

Yeah..that's understandable but still it's low. I can't expect it to have the trp of beyond 1.0, afterall it's a sab tv show, not star plus or colors. But considering the whole feel of show, such a low trp is not expected. I would have understood, if it would have offbeat or niche theme, but that's also not the case. Sab satrangi can appeal to every age group. In fact, in certain aspect it is better than many shows (will list later). Apart from trp, it also have low buzz. May not be the best but not worst either. 

I too agree with you . This show deserves more TRP .

anonymous1975 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I'm enjoying the show, it's very real...hope Indian public like it and it doesn't get axed! I don't live in India so my watching will not contribute to the so called TRP!

LauraM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonymous1975

I'm enjoying the show, it's very real...hope Indian public like it and it doesn't get axed! I don't live in India so my watching will not contribute to the so called TRP!

Same here 🙂